Bills' 2017 Training Camp Discussion - Final Day

This was all bound to happen at some point and even more likely with the events of the weekend. Players are on edge and still processing the trades. It is all about how the coaches react and how the team leaders react. Chill people, give it some time.

As for Jerry Hughes, who would have bet against this happening at some point given his personality and history?

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man I have the opposite reaction as most people here. I love the intensity and McDermott's response to everything. He has them fired up.

Do you realize how close McD might be right now from losing the team?

but don't worry, be Happy...

Incognito is breaking up fights.

Must be related to coming solar eclipse.

I don't even know this team anymore...

@viccarucci

Sean McDermott now having a long chat w Jerry Hughes after #Bills practice.

DHMp7DEXoAUkoSz.jpg

@BuffRumblings

Hughes: "goal line period. Pads are flying. It's going to get chippy."

Jerry: "you know you got to play within the rules and use that frustration to play between the whistles."

That's right jerry.... focus the rage... it's all the QBs fault. They are all out for you. Get em jerry before they get you....

Man I have the opposite reaction as most people here. I love the intensity and McDermott's response to everything. He has them fired up.

This is great! This team has been a bunch of softies for years. It's football, you should play pissed off.

This is great! This team has been a bunch of softies for years. It's football, you should play pissed off.

You're joking, right?

Fighting and scrapping after plays shows me a mentally weak team that has no focus. It's the exact reason that teams like NE and NYG got Rex's Buffalo teams to commit 15+ penalties and literally hand them the field position battle.

Sure, play pissed off from the snap to the whistle if that's what you need to do; maintaining focus and discipline at all other times is what prevents giving away games with penalties.

You're joking, right?

Fighting and scrapping after plays shows me a mentally weak team that has no focus. It's the exact reason that teams like NE and NYG got Rex's Buffalo teams to commit 15+ penalties and literally hand them the field position battle.

Sure, play pissed off from the snap to the whistle if that's what you need to do; maintaining focus and discipline at all other times is what prevents giving away games with penalties.

This team just went through a pretty big trade of a couple guys that were their teammates....and good players to boot. It doesn't surprise me in the least that some emotions are getting the better of some players. Just relax.

You're joking, right?

this^^^^^

Do you realize how close McD might be right now from losing the team?

but don't worry, be Happy...

LMAO he won't lose the team. If he loses the team its because the players are weak. Trades happen all the time, don't want to be here then speak up and beane will ship your ass out.

it is WAY PAST TIME for this to be happening at OBD. Now I feel much better about this team going forward with how its being ran now.

This team just went through a pretty big trade of a couple guys that were their teammates....and good players to boot. It doesn't surprise me in the least that some emotions are getting the better of some players. Just relax.

Um, I'm quite relaxed.

This coach has preached discipline; these guys need to get on board.

That's all.

I don't think Bandit needs relaxation...

Um, I'm quite relaxed.

This coach has preached discipline; these guys need to get on board.

That's all.

But I think you're taking it too far. This is the first camp for McD, first time with these guys and vice versa. Players get chippy, things get heated....they're tired of hitting their own teammates and I'm sure the trade is still on their minds to a certain extent. If this was a common occurrence, I'd be worried, but it's not. How McD handles it will tell us whether or not he has the team's attention. Also, many of these players had an undisciplined head coach the past two years.....I don't care if Coughlin was the HC, it'd be hard for any coach to come in here and not encounter these types of issues.

Edited by Bills757