Charlottesville

TSNBDSC

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: The ACLU also defends groups like NAMBLA. http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=95942&page=1

-Will you guys be backing them as well?

It's clear that you don't get the irony of you railing against fascism by espousing fascist thoughts.

Free speech is nearly absolute, no matter how despicable that speech may seem to you. That's why it scares fascists like you.

It's clear that you don't get the irony of you railing against fascism by espousing fascist thoughts.

Free speech is nearly absolute, no matter how despicable that speech may seem to you. That's why it scares fascists like you.

I figured he'd miss the irony in your post, that's why I spelled it out.

Didn't figure he'd miss it in mine, though.

For those who have expressed "l don't know much about Antifa"............there are daily examples of their bigotry and thuggishness

Conservative Student Attacked at Charlottesville Vigil in Syracuse for Wearing YAF Cap

YAF-student-assaulted-620x436.jpgMasked Antifa thug: “We don’t want you here!”

Let’s play a game. Pretend that a conservative white student approached a liberal black student at an event and said “You’re not welcome here.” What do you think would happen?

We all know what would happen. Liberal students would lose their minds and the conservative student would probably be reprimanded and forced into a diversity program.

If you switch the ideology of the students however, it’s apparently acceptable. This actually happened to a conservative black student from Ithaca College.

Spencer Brown of the Young America’s Foundation reports: (at link)

Caleb Slater, a conservative student and the president of the Ithaca College Republicans,he is half Dominican and half-black grandson of a civil rights activist was manhandled for wearing an "unacceptable" cap (Video at the link)

{snip}

"Three or four of them then proceeded to continue to scream, “We don’t want you here!” while grabbing me by my button up shirt and dragging me off Clinton Square and into the street. This was NOT a blocked off road and cars were present. I could have gotten run over and they did not care."

If this incident does nothing else, it proves that leftists are lying when they claim to care about people of color. They care about ideology and anyone who thinks the wrong way will be dealt with harshly, regardless of race.

Heather Heyer didn't die of free speech.

If you think a fascist agenda ends with rhetoric, and racial epithets, you are the most ignorant person in the world. Full stop.

I want people to understand that you are STILL entitled to your freedom of thoughts, and opinions in this land... However, that freedom ENDS when you start mobilizing support under the banner of ethnic cleansing, and genocidal conquest....

You're advocating fighting fascism with fascism. That's blindingly shortsighted.

Step away from the ledge and take a deep breath. I don't mean that condescendingly, I mean that sincerely. You're letting your emotions and desire for revenge cloud your better judgement.

Free speech and thought are absolutes. Actual violence or causing others actual harm is the line. Not thoughts or speech. Thinking otherwise is missing the point of what this country stands for. If you cannot express thoughts and speech freely, you are not living in a free country. Period.

Nothing to see here folks, move along. The only problem we have right now are the white supremacists in VA.

... It's a distraction from a lot of things. :beer:

He agrees with the First Amendment, so he must be a Nazi. That's brilliant.

Exactly. :beer:

Beat me to it. :beer:

Edited by Deranged Rhino

You're advocating fighting fascism with fascism. That's blindingly shortsighted.

Step away from the ledge and take a deep breath. I don't mean that condescendingly, I mean that sincerely. You're letting your emotions and desire for revenge cloud your better judgement.

Free speech and thought are absolutes. Actual violence or causing others actual harm is the line. Not thoughts or speech. Thinking otherwise is missing the point of what this country stands for. If you cannot express thoughts and speech freely, you are not living in a free country. Period.

Absolute horsechitt.

Many types of speech at NOT automatically protected by the first amendment. Threats of violence, Inciting imminent violent actions, Defamation, Plagiarism, ALL can carry either civil, or in some case criminal penalties.

Free speech from fascist, inbred, troglodytes is fine... What comes after may not be... Fascists marching down the street shouting slurs is one thing. Armed fascists marching down the street shouting slurs is quite another.

You morons won't get it until they're actually loading your families onto a railcar.

Heather Heyer didn't die of free speech.

If you think a fascist agenda ends with rhetoric, and racial epithets, you are the most ignorant person in the world. Full stop.

she died being an idiot in the wrong place

Absolute horsechitt.

Many types of speech at NOT automatically protected by the first amendment. Threats of violence, Inciting imminent violent actions, Defamation, Plagiarism, ALL can carry either civil, or in some case criminal penalties.

Free speech from fascist, inbred, troglodytes is fine... What comes after may not be... Fascists marching down the street shouting slurs is one thing. Armed fascists marching down the street shouting slurs is quite another.

You morons won't get it until they're actually loading your families onto a railcar.

You did not describe free speech. You described speech that is specifically legislated. The Nazis are free to voice their opinion, until they cross a legal boundary. Making you feel uncomfortable is not that boundary. Hitting them over the head because you don't like the speech does cross the legal line.

This is not that difficult of a concept for anyone who understands US law.

I thought President Trump's speech was great. It was refreshing to see the President tell the plain and honest truth unapologetically. I support him more than ever.

As is typical for a Trump speech, it started out ok, but he can't himself from not being Trump. So overall, it was far from a great speech. Just like Trump.

The New York City rabbi who assisted Ivanka Trump during her 2010 conversion to Judaism released a scathing denouncement of President Trump's response to violence in Charlottesvile, Va. in a letter to his congregation Wednesday.

Rabbi Emeritus Haskel Lookstein said in the letter, obtained by New York Magazine, that the president should have more forcefully denounced neo-Nazi and white supremacist groups involved in Charlottesville clashes between protesters and counter-protesters.

“We are appalled by this resurgence of bigotry and antisemitism, and the renewed vigor of the neo-Nazis, KKK, and alt-right," the letter reads. “While we avoid politics, we are deeply troubled by the moral equivalency and equivocation President Trump has offered in his response to this act of violence."

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/346902-rabbi-who-helped-ivanka-convert-rips-trump-over-charlottesville