Character & Jordan Matthews

So here is my question: What is wrong with Jordan Matthews that the Eagles would not only trade him for a DB coming off a bad year, but also give away a 3rd round pick?

Whats wrong with him then? Why are the Eagles so eager to get rid of him if he is such a well liked and talented WR?

Interesting question. Let's try it this way;

here is my question: What is wrong with Sammy Watkins that the Bills would not only trade him for a DB coming off a bad year, and only get a 2nd round pick?

Whats wrong with him then? Why are the Bills so eager to get rid of him if he is such a well liked and talented WR?

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People still hold Gilmore not smiling at the draft against him.

Some people need to move on. He's not a Bill anymore.

Guy comes into BUF keeping it low key..... a sign of good character, some might say.🤔

Edited by Buffalo Boy

There's not necessarily anything wrong with him. It's just that they want a DB more than they want a WR. They probably see Darby as a good fit in their D, however he performed under Rex.

The added 3rd rounder was simply market value. If you want something as much as they wanted Darby, you have to pay the price.

This all makes sense to me given what the Eagles have at WR and the huge need they had at CB.

I'm not so sure. I think it may have been laughed off as A 21 year old athlete putting a few morons in their rightful place. Amazing how few seem to comprehend that he wasn't talking to them. He was talking to a few choads harassing him on social media and that had a problem with him getting an injury. Not even people critical of his play, just those criticizing an injury which is obviously ridiculous. Perhaps just far more posters on here actually fit one of those descriptions, which is sad commentary indeed.

I couldn't care less what anyone says on Fakebook or social media. I certainly hope Beane isn't making personnel decisions based on it.

Edited by reddogblitz

Goff < ej is mine. Wentz is real deal goff is not

Agreed. I've watched Wentz more than Goff <disclaimer> but it isn't remotely close. Wentz has better understanding of NFL offenses and Goff always appeared lost with no poise. Wentz has quicker release too.

Agreed. I've watched Wentz more than Goff <disclaimer> but it isn't remotely close. Wentz has better understanding of NFL offenses and Goff always appeared lost with no poise. Wentz has quicker release too.

Root I'm in the weeds here when I find myself agreeing with you and hemet lol

Should be an interesting season

:beer:

Wentz has quite a bit of growing to do as he regressed in 16 as the season went on. Goff wasn't ready at all and his problems were exacerbated by weak OL play and no run game.

Wentz has quite a bit of growing to do as he regressed in 16 as the season went on. Goff wasn't ready at all and his problems were exacerbated by weak OL play and no run game.

If Wentz doesn't start throwing downfield more his career will paralell Trent Edwards'. He didn't "regress" as much as teams figured out he wasn't going down field and adjusted likewise as Defenses did to Trent.

Goff also wasn't ready to get his clock cleaned by Richard Sherman.

It seems to me that they are doing exactly what they said they were gonna do from the start......biuld through the draft....I fully expect them to cut players to get that 3rd comp pick as well.

They are (in my opinion) giving themselves both a bunch of draft picks AND cap flexibility. They are probably waiting to see if TT is the answer or not and then we probably position for a qb next year

OR.....if TT shows that he can play the system we will be selecting a LOT of players high in needed positions........

Its not gonna happen overnight Saint...having a plan means actually sticking to it

are we going to hear about the plan no matter how the next few years go? Is this the new catch phrase defense of any decision that the fan base questions?

Hopefully the plans great but you do realize every leader in this 20 year debacle has had a plan? At some point you have to defend the merits of it and it's execution if you are going to point at it.

We have a difference in approach. My character team is jacked and nasty. They are fit. They will wreck your hungover, club-going, suspended and preening prima donnas.

Read an article about Zay Jones' Dad Robert - jacked and nasty, but of the highest character. A gamer.

New England says they are not your team but they fit the description.

are we going to hear about the plan no matter how the next few years go? Is this the new catch phrase defense of any decision that the fan base questions?

Hopefully the plans great but you do realize every leader in this 20 year debacle has had a plan? At some point you have to defend the merits of it and it's execution if you are going to point at it.

They all didn't have plans and they all weren't leaders.

G. Williams wasn't a leader, he was a boss/ bully.

Jerkron? Plan????

Yep.

Fans will already be tired of McDermotts plan when they win 6 games each of the next two seasons.

He will be a dead man walking, like every other coach was throughout the drought.

He ain't getting 5 years.

Ah, That beautiful TBD optimism 😂😂😂