Pitt@NYG 7PM S.F.@KC 10PM or 9PM

ALF

Mahomes throws for 1200 yards and 18 TD's in the second half and the forum melts down for good.

Jeffmagic will rightly never let McD hear the end of it if he becomes franchise QB

Strange blacked out here in Lockport - Spectrum for Pitt game

Online has SF @ KC start at 9PM EDT

I was going by my tv cable schedule reading 10PM

Edited by ALF

He is playing the whole 3rd quarter I have to admit he looks sharp playing against the 2s and 3s. He scrambles well, and threw a bunch into tight spaces. It will be interesting to watch him develop compared to our next QB drafted.

EJ and Tuel looked sharp against 2's and 3's too...I remain skeptical on Mahomes.

He is playing the whole 3rd quarter I have to admit he looks sharp playing against the 2s and 3s. He scrambles well, and threw a bunch into tight spaces. It will be interesting to watch him develop compared to our next QB drafted.

He did some good things out there. Got that back leg under control too.

https://mobile.twitter.com/NFL/status/896250320983957505/video/1

Every throw from Mahomes debut.

I thought he looked ok from what I seen. Nothing that blew me away though. And this is against a pretty mediocre (at best) San Francisco team, that doesn't have much depth among their starters, let along their 2's and 3's.

I think he has a good shot at turning out ok in Kansas City because he's with a great coach who knows how to develop players and is surrounded by a deep, skilled team. But he's still far from a sure thing, though.

Every throw from:

Watson -

https://mobile.twitter.com/NFL/status/895514771742576640

Kizer -

https://mobile.twitter.com/NFL/status/895866080358350848

Trubisky - (now he impressed me)

https://mobile.twitter.com/NFL/status/895880960708714496

Alex Smith is consistently average. It might take an injury for them to replace him (like in San Fran). He better do whatever it takes to stay on the field. If he gets knocked out of a game he's going to lose his job

Alex Smith is consistently average. It might take an injury for them to replace him (like in San Fran). He better do whatever it takes to stay on the field. If he gets knocked out of a game he's going to lose his job

With that D all they need is a game manager,not a game changer.

Unfortunately, this 41-yard completion to Aldrick Robinson was called back due to a holding penalty. But the hype train had already left the station and was full speed ahead.

Mahomes displayed the rifle arm that shot him up the draft board in the spring, squeezing a few passes in tight windows (some were dropped) and finding open receivers elsewhere.

It's also preseason, meaning there was plenty of subpar play in the second half, though most was not Mahomes' fault. The quarterback finished 7-of-9 passing with 49 yards and a touchdown, which came as a result of a risky throw across his body into traffic. But hey, it worked.

So far 2017 QB class looks good. Trubisky , Mahomes, Watson and Kizer. I just hope McD knew what he was doing in that draft.

Edited by ALF

Mahomes had an ok debut as a rookie against guys who will be kicking rocks come September. I still think he never becomes "the guy" in KC. Playing against NFL starters versus the future unemployed is a wide margin of talent. That deep ball that was called back on a penalty though was a nice throw.

Wasn't all that impressed with Mahomes. Thought Trubisky had the best debut.

Same here.

I thought Mahomes did some good things but I wasn't even close to being blown away or anything. Nothing that made me say "oh I hate that we traded down instead of drafting him". It was only 1 preseason game (against a weak opponent) though. It'll be years before we know what Mahomes really is.