Serious question: Is this the beginning of a tank?

Heavy Kevi

I think they are CLEARLY building draft picks for next year in order to take a good QB prospect. It is risky business because there a lot of draft "misses" even among very highly drafted QBs.

Still, they now own 2 1sts, 2 2nds and 2 3rds. The Bills' own picks look to be almost sure to be top 10, maybe top 5.

These trades weakend both the offense and defense, in my opinion.

Mathews is an OK starting WR, but he doesn't provide the threat that Watkins (when healthy) does.

The trade of Darby means that Seymour will likely be starting at CB and there is now practically NO depth at CB, S and LB on defense.

I will not be surprised if another trade is made for more picks. Also, watch for some of the FAs signed this year to be cut in order to try to get an additional comp pick - maybe at the end of round 3.

No way to spin it other than they are looking to the future.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Look it take a year or so for a new WR to grow. Z Jones looks like the real deal. Boldin is a good fit for a year...

Darby was not good last year.

We have a new 1st CB that will get burned for a year as he grows...

Pick golore... KC is not good and we have their 1st pick.

As mike golic always says: "The best ability is availability."

Do you think 76ers would trade Joel Embiid for an "available" center like Ian Mahinmi or Nikola Vucevic? Embiid has played 31 games in three years. By your logic they should. That kind of thinking is why Bills are perennial losers.

Do you think 76ers would trade Joel Embiid for an "available" center like Ian Mahinmi or Nikola Vucevic? Embiid has played 31 games in three years. By your logic they should. That kind of thinking is why Bills are perennial losers.

Embiid is a bust. Period.

So not bolstering your argument.

I think they are CLEARLY building draft picks for next year in order to take a good QB prospect. It is risky business because there a lot of draft "misses" even among very highly drafted QBs.

Still, they now own 2 1sts, 2 2nds and 2 3rds. The Bills' own picks look to be almost sure to be top 10, maybe top 5.

These trades weakend both the offense and defense, in my opinion.

Mathews is an OK starting WR, but he doesn't provide the threat that Watkins (when healthy) does.

The trade of Darby means that Seymour will likely be starting at CB and there is now practically NO depth at CB, S and LB on defense.

I will not be surprised if another trade is made for more picks. Also, watch for some of the FAs signed this year to be cut in order to try to get an additional comp pick - maybe at the end of round 3.

No way to spin it other than they are looking to the future.

Gaines was the start right CB for LA Rams so he replaces Darby one for one. CB depth is not the best but not the worst.

Edited by Nitro

You said it yourself, the guy's played 36 games in THREE YEARS.

that's 36/240+ games

He's one of the best young centers to come around in a LONG TIME. That kind of talent is WORTH WAITING FOR.

He can hellp you bring CHAMPIONSHIPS.

You need serious talent to win championships. Matthews isn't one of those. Watkins is.

He's one of the best young centers to come around in a LONG TIME. That kind of talent is WORTH WAITING FOR.

He can hellp you bring CHAMPIONSHIPS.

You need serious talent to win championships. Matthews isn't one of those. Watkins is.

Assuming he ever plays. See: Odin, Greg.

It's a soft tank. It is possible that Gains is a better fit for the system than Darby. And while Watkins is a much more talented player than Matthews how much can Sammy produce if he is hurt? Matthews is much more durable and a pretty damn solid player when on the field. The Bills also pocket legit draft picks that could help them escalate a rebuild or make a major move if a high-end QB prospect is available.

I like it but they could also be outsmarting themselves by giving up two talented young players for picks and lesser players.

Matthews is not a good receiver. Has stone hands. Hes a free agent after this year also. So is Gaines, so we may not even keep them next year. Philly is laughing at us right now for taking Matthews. They've been trying to get someone to take him since april. They get a #1 corner and only need to give up a 3rd rd pick and a guy who was prob going to be cut

My coworker is a die hard Eagles fan, when he found out he came over to my office grinning ear to ear, told me thank you for taking butterfingers off of us, he drops passes that fall right into his hands. That was his words

My coworker is a die hard Eagles fan, when he found out he came over to my office grinning ear to ear, told me thank you for taking butterfingers off of us, he drops passes that fall right into his hands. That was his words

You're counting on an EAGLES fan for clarity?

:lol:

wow. this gets worse.

Gaines was the start right CB for LA Rams so he replaces Darby one for one. CB depth is not the best but not the worst.

Gaines is 5'9" and isn't a starting caliber CB - he started on an awful Rams team as a rookie, missed all of 2015 and was a backup last year playing in only 11 games