Texans at Panthers 7:30 WED

ALF

Here's the link to every one of Watson's plays last night. I guess for a rookie he looked ok, but certainly not great. Some really bad misses downfield. Also taking a LOT of time to read the field. Best throw of the night was late in the 3rd quarter (about 4:45 into the video). Big chunk of his yardage was a meaningless sideline throw at the end of the first half.

I don't know how anyone could draw conclusions (good or bad) from that performance. I saw a QB who has a ways to go.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the link to every one of Watson's plays last night. I guess for a rookie he looked ok, but certainly not great. Some really bad misses downfield. Also taking a LOT of time to read the field. Best throw of the night was late in the 3rd quarter (about 4:45 into the video). Big chunk of his yardage was a meaningless sideline throw at the end of the first half.

I don't know how anyone could draw conclusions (good or bad) from that performance. I saw a QB who has a ways to go.

He was reading the field fine. The check play was outstanding reading for a rookie in his first pre-season start. He played well. And there is more to come. The kid looked poised and not at all phased and it wasn't just his throws he looked absolutely in command of his huddle. He is going to be good.

Edited by GunnerBill

He was reading the field fine. The check play was outstanding reading for a rookie in his first pre-season start. He played well. And there is more to come. The kid looked poised and not at all phased and it wasn't just his throws he looked absolutely in command of his huddle. He is going to be good.

I don't have a vested interest in Deshaun being good or bad...just telling you what I saw. Poise is great, but his accuracy was suspect.

Just watched. Looks way more decisive than our guy no ?

Anyone else stand out from last night for the panthers ?

Edited by Maury Ballstein

Thanks for the link.

It's just one preseason game against 2s and 3s, but my opinion is the same. His lack of accuracy is going to prevent him from succeeding. He should've been a third round pick. If he could get that straight, then he could have a real chance at being very, very good, but odds of that are not good.

Edited by BarleyNY

Good post. This is why I'm confused how people are already reaching conclusions that Watson will be a success. Watson's performance proved absolutely nothing. Ones opinion of Watson will remain the same after that performance. I'm not a TT fan, but we already have the every QB is better than ours syndrome occurring.

I don't get the positive reactions. I thought he looked really bad. His throws were off target a lot. The rushing TD isn't really impressive against the 2s and 3s in a vanilla formation. I see the same flaws he had in college which IMO will prevent him from ever doing anything at the NFL level.

Good post. This is why I'm confused how people are already reaching conclusions that Watson will be a success. Watson's performance proved absolutely nothing. Ones opinion of Watson will remain the same after that performance. I'm not a TT fan, but we already have the every QB is better than ours syndrome occurring.

I was VERY impressed with Watson. Yes, he missed some throws, but his command of the offense was impressive. Running a hurry up two minute drill in his first game? Seemed to have a real good feel for pressure, and kept his eyes downfield while he was moving around extending plays. Looked good to me.

Just watched. Looks way more decisive than our guy no ?

Anyone else stand out from last night for the panthers ?

much more decisive and based off his first preseason game he looks like he and the texans may take down brady and company and go on to be the mvp of the sb.

all kidding aside, he did look poised in some plays, not so much in others. I have never been one to get too excited over a preseason game. he may go on to have a decent career, he may not, time will tell...?

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

much more decisive and based off his first preseason game he looks like he and the texans may take down brady and company and go on to be the mvp of the sb.

all kidding aside, he did look poised in some plays, not so much in others. I have never been one to get too excited over a preseason game. he may go on to have a decent career, he may not, time will tell...

If TT can be quick and decisive like Watson he might be somebody.

I'm basing my opinion off Watsons entire body of work.

he looks like he and the texans may take down brady and company ..?

Wouldn't surprise me at all. That defense was giving the pats hell in the playoff game and they could have won if fuller/Brock O didn't disappoint.

If this is real football against the first team, Watson doesnt cross that goal line without being leveled by the safety.

I think that is true and a very fair point. Him knowing that he might have slid. Protecting his body and being smart will be big for him... as it was for Dak last year and has had to be for Tyrod too.

talk

I think that is true and a very fair point. Him knowing that he might have slid. Protecting his body and being smart will be big for him... as it was for Dak last year and has had to be for Tyrod too.

absolutely. I think Watson will be a fine QB in this league. Definitely a smart guy. I just want the "why did we pass on him same old Bills" talk to be put on hold at least until September. :lol:

absolutely. I think Watson will be a fine QB in this league. Definitely a smart guy. I just want the "why did we pass on him same old Bills" talk to be put on hold at least until September. :lol:

Yea I rather fear it becomes a partisan Watson v Taylor thing which it shouldn't be. I wanted the Bills to pick him, we didn't, life goes on. You can think Watson is good and will be good in this league without it being anti-Bills sentiment.

I was VERY impressed with Watson. Yes, he missed some throws, but his command of the offense was impressive. Running a hurry up two minute drill in his first game? Seemed to have a real good feel for pressure, and kept his eyes downfield while he was moving around extending plays. Looked good to me.

Running a 2 minute drill is not nearly as important as delivering the ball accurately. He was way off on a lot of his throws. That's the kind of thing most QBs never develop but it could happen.