Sammy Can't Wait to Match Up Against Gilmore

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've followed Scott for a while, even before his days at PFF. The guy is really freaking smart.

No doubt. He's one of most well informed amateurs out there. And he's passionate. I am not discrediting his work when I say we have to take it with a bolder of salt. Context matters, that's all I'm saying and I think he's even said that before. Nobody would take a PFF report on a player and presume to submit that as a scouting report to an NFL team. Agents don't use PFF rankings in their negotiations, either. Again, that doesn't discredit his work, it just points to the incomplete nature of it.

Here we go again!

Well what am i supposed to say. It supports the numbers i posted about struggling against man but gets brushed off because it is PFF.

But i am sure if I say bring pressure because he sucks against pressure (not true either) i will be flooded with PFF posts about how good against pressure he is from the same people that laugh off PFF when their analysis is negative.

So again my point remains BB should break his tendancy to play zone against Mobile QBs because TT is better against Zone than Man so logically if you want to Beat that QB you play what he is weaker against.

Edited by MAJBobby

Well what am i supposed to say. It supports the numbers i posted about struggling against man but gets brushed off because it is PFF.

But i am sure if I say bring pressure because he sucks against pressure (not true either) i will be flooded with PFF posts about how good against pressure he is from the same people that laugh off PFF when their analysis is negative.

So again my point remains BB should break his tendancy to play zone against Mobile QBs because TT is better against Zone than Man so logically if you want to Beat that QB you play what he is weaker against

Please take to one of the many Tyrod Taylor threads instead of hijacking this one.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

But no has to be wrong because TT cant struggle against man coverage he just cant

I can read just fine and you can't help yourself.

Can you read? I am taking about what COVERAGE BB should use because of a weakness of a QB. Jesus people

Give it a rest!

No doubt. He's one of most well informed amateurs out there. And he's passionate. I am not discrediting his work when I say we have to take it with a bolder of salt. Context matters, that's all I'm saying and I think he's even said that before. Nobody would take a PFF report on a player and presume to submit that as a scouting report to an NFL team. Agents don't use PFF rankings in their negotiations, either. Again, that doesn't discredit his work, it just points to the incomplete nature of it.

As I said earlier, the difference between PFF grades and PFF stats are massive. The grades are laughed at because they don't know the assignments (why it's horrific for OL grades) but the stats are less subjective.

Fact of the matter is that more than half of the NFL employs them to provide advanced stats. Those stats are used by teams and agents at the negotiating table (the same way that teams that use other sources or in-house data collection will do.) If you want to add context to the raw numbers, I'm all for it. I beg people to do it on what seems like a weekly basis :)

Scott won't profess to be the authority on anything but I trust his methods. PFF used to hire some proper idiots but their standards have risen as outside investment opened up.

As I said earlier, the difference between PFF grades and PFF stats are massive. The grades are laughed at because they don't know the assignments (why it's horrific for OL grades) but the stats are less subjective.

Fact of the matter is that more than half of the NFL employs them to provide advanced stats. Those stats are used by teams and agents at the negotiating table (the same way that teams that use other sources or in-house data collection will do.) If you want to add context to the raw numbers, I'm all for it. I beg people to do it on what seems like a weekly basis :)

Scott won't profess to be the authority on anything but I trust his methods. PFF used to hire some proper idiots but their standards have risen as outside investment opened up.

Stats have ALWAYS been used in contract negotiations and I'm glad you point out the difference between them and grades. I'd be interested in knowing which "advanced stats" are most often used for performance incentives, etc. vs. others.

As to providing context to the numbers, that's a yeoman's task given the sheer amount of information I am simply not privy to i.e. each player's particular responsibility on any given play. What often looks matter of fact watching replays or All 22, isn't that cut and dried, especially where player mistakes are concerned.

It's all good. Lot to like about the Sharks and Warriors for sure. It's gonna be weird seeing Marleau in a Laffs uni. And we can certainly agree on "phuck the Bruins."

I'm still heart broken about the prospect of Patty in anything but teal. I get why the team didn't match what TOR offered (seeing as it is the richest contract ever offered to a 38 year-old player), and I get why he couldn't say no to it, but my hockey heart wishes he had retired and ridden off into the sunset on a teal and black horse.

96aff9e5816ce9f64c19f54d607a5b4d.jpg

As for the Boston teams, I was indifferent to all of them but the pats*. I didn't like them, didn't hate them, sort of identified with the detest of the Yankees (I'm also an A's fan), but had no real opinion one way or the other. Then I moved here... after several years of Boston "fans" telling me that, because I live here now, I have to abandon my loyalties and become a Boston fan, I absolutely despise, root against, and revel in the misery of, all of their teams.

I absolutely despise, root against, and revel in the misery of, all of their teams.

Good luck with that, I guess. Since 2001, the 4 major Boston sports teams have made at least the final 4 of their respective playoffs 23 times.

Edited by OJ's Glove

Well they drafted a few man corners and are trying to make the transition I think? Burns etc.

I just think it's a real stretch that the Pats need to be concerned with our offense when the defense we are adopting is Tom Brady's favorite snack besides avocado ice cream. Bills to to go 4-0 against Fins/Jets, forget about the Pats. As if Butler/McCourty/Gilmore aren't capable enough to limit TT!

Nah Artie Burns is straight zone