Bills Contract Extentions FA Signings Jinx

AtlBills

Is it just me or does it seem that everytime the Bills FO gives a player a major extension or we go out and sign a FA to a major deal, we get snake bit with the signing? We all know the travails of Dareus, Clay's troubling knee issues and now Glenn's balky ankle or foot issue. Hopefully with the Buddy / Whaley + company front office debacle gone, we can move forward with the Beane / McD team and have some better luck.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Clay is probably the worst contract on the Bills currently.

We would still be drastically worse with him off the roster.

He is by far the best TE we have had here in a long long time. He can do it all

Top 12 in the league easily. Just gotta stay healthy. I'd rather have him on the roster

Regarding Clay, almost all the good tight ends in the league have large contracts but tons of injuries.

Gronk, Kelce, Graham, reed, Eifert, clay is at least in the ballpark with those guys. Would you not take any of them?

It's a tough position for health. But those are some of the best in the league with good sized contracts and they're hurt all the time. If you don't think Clay could put up numbers similar to some of those guys for example in the Kansas City offense Clay would have top 10 numbers would be my guess. I don't think his contract is all that bad. He just for whatever reason is not utilized enough in the game plan

Is it just me or does it seem that everytime the Bills FO gives a player a major extension or we go out and sign a FA to a major deal, we get snake bit with the signing? We all know the travails of Dareus, Clay's troubling knee issues and now Glenn's balky ankle or foot issue. Hopefully with the Buddy / Whaley + company front office debacle gone, we can move forward with the Beane / McD team and have some better luck.

All of those guys have been productive signings. So was Mario Williams, for that matter. You have to pay for the best players, and all players get dinged up. That's not a jinx, it's just the nature of the game.

The inital Clay contract was what it was to get Dolphins unable to match. The restructure of it was the mistake.

The Dareus Contract. Well that was a horrid structure in terms of Guarantees to a player that has a history of off-field stuff. However when back in the 4-3 (and on the field) he will make people forget about this contract.

Glenn contract is fine nothing wrong with that extension at all. Below market value in terms of what he would have got in UFA

Edited by MAJBobby

You're over rating Clay big time IMO.

All around he is very polished and a very good tight end.

In line , split out, route running(finding holes in zone), blocking. He is definitely a good one to have

All around he is very polished and a very good tight end.

In line , split out, route running(finding holes in zone), blocking. He is definitely a good one to have

Edited by Buffalo716