Share some music thread

Pine Barrens Mafia

On 11/18/2023 at 3:38 AM, BringMetheHeadofLeonLett said:

Just saw Mudhoney tonight... I can't praise a band higher.  They should be what we look back at and say, 'That was grunge', but they're not.  They are grunge, without all the commercialized hype, and they are still gorgeous. 

Is Mark still filling boxes in Bruce's warehouse? Their latest single could have gotten a call from another Mark, or maybe his lawyer. That said, it was a pretty wild scene before Nevermind and Mark was right at the genesis of it, or at least the Big Three with Nirvana & Soundgarden (and Four after the Mudhoney/Mother Love Bone fracture post-Green River). But the whole Seattle scene has been and remains so inbred even to this day, that you end up with stuff like

which reminds you that YOUR grandfather dressed like that, but played a tuba instead of a bass.

On 11/18/2023 at 3:38 AM, BringMetheHeadofLeonLett said:

Just saw Mudhoney tonight... I can't praise a band higher.  They should be what we look back at and say, 'That was grunge', but they're not.  They are grunge, without all the commercialized hype, and they are still gorgeous. 

Link it!!!

yes I'm responding twice. i have received information.

Edit: Here is more information

unnamed-1680626781.jpg

And if you wonder what it was in the day

Edited by Ralonzo
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 9/12/2023 at 4:07 AM, BringMetheHeadofLeonLett said:

Sorry if I've thrown this out there already- one of my favorite bands, and they only get better the deeper into the tracks

I see your Son of Mustang Ford. I raise you Mustang Sally 🙂. Eye Candy Alert 

Edited by muppy

Just got a Danish... delivery of this 45 in the mail today. It's got Dogs Part 1 on the other side. I have no idea why they didn't release Dogs Pt.1 and Dogs Pt.2 on the same 45, but they didn't as far as I know.

This is what was on side 1 - one of the best Who songs ever made, Circles:

On 11/19/2023 at 7:42 PM, Ralonzo said:

Link it!!!

yes I'm responding twice. i have received information.

Edit: Here is more information

unnamed-1680626781.jpg

And if you wonder what it was in the day

I can't - it'd be a trademark infringement- and for the love of Jehozafatts, I obey the law. 

19 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Never Mind The Bollocks is the gold standard for punk rock. 

That is such a gigantic thing to look at. Reality is, in my humble opinion, The Kinks and The Who were punk rock... My Generation and this???

I couldn't even imagine how

amazing that song was when it dropped... *****in nothing like it in the history of the world.  

The Kinks and The Who were bad. 

3 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofLeonLett said:

That is such a gigantic thing to look at. Reality is, in my humble opinion, The Kinks and The Who were punk rock... My Generation and this???

I couldn't even imagine how

amazing that song was when it dropped... *****in nothing like it in the history of the world.  

The Kinks and The Who were bad. 

I hear ya - everything has it's roots. But for me 'punk rock' was all about the disco backlash.  

You know the funny part is, is that I'm pretty much only constrained by reasonableness

I have an airplane, because I'm a pilot.  Itt looks like we're coming into a world which diesn't look ***** any world we've ever scene before. Thank god my spelling was corrected, or I'd have to believe a lot if psopke who din't know what spelling is might have a good laugh.  

But the laugh's on then... we're too pathetec to tean then afrench

• Haha (+1) 1