Share some music thread

Pine Barrens Mafia

3 hours ago, Muppy said:

this is a doozie and I promise 100% true.

so my son introduced me to his friend walter shriefels from quicksand ,,he had played with walter in europe for a vanishing life Tour plus US Dead heavens stoner rock tour....anyway so walter in it must have been 2019  invited my son (nate) to be his guitar tech/shaman of chill LOL anyway go on the quicksand national tour. I belong to a different bills chat site and I announce there in my music thread my son is going out on tour with quicksand.

I get a PM from a regular of that chat and he tells me Hey your son is coming to my Toronto venue for the quicksand tour? I"LL BE THERE lol...Im like WOW so arrange for nate to meet this man in toronto and he buys nate a beer and they talk punk rock HA> The randomness of that I think is incredible....toronto guy is for years club seat seasons Bills tickets from toronto in my bills chat and the guy owns 2 venues in toronto...unfortunately he cant cross border this season BUMMER

ANYWAY.... so they go on tour and i see them at the Belly Up in solana Beach, 4 piece great show. we go back afterwards and meet the other guys in the band say our goodbyes and they will travel at night 7 hours to phoenix AZ for the next show the very next day.

This is where this story turns left. guitar player has a bad drug issue and went into a downtown phoenix CVS pharmacy and was arrested for shoplifting over 400 worth of stuff..WTAF.....left everyone totally in the lurch for that nights show. ....after his release from jail they bought he a one way ticket back to NYC he was fired.

Band was forced to go 3 piece. Nate was HOPING walter would ask him to do that guys lead parts he was more than capable but as it didnt happen so they carried on and finished the tour as a 3 piece band.

and they are going out on tour this spring after covid Im really excited to see their lineup.

so was that worth my time to type or what LOL

m

great story!  What is it with tortured artists?   What percentage of classic rock was written on heroin?  Bradley Nowell kicked heroin, but slipped because he wanted to be more creative....such a sad story.  That picture of Bradley playing guitar for his baby son, the son amazed with a big smile- such a sad picture

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Muppy said:

This title of this song is often (incorrectly) given as "What's Going On", because that are the actual lyrics. This reminds me of other, IMHO better songs with that title. Of course, there is Marvin Gaye, but that is not my kind of music. However, I have to offer:

The Taste w/ Rory Gallagher

and Hüsker Dü (sorry, no video)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Muppy said:

this is a doozie and I promise 100% true.

so my son introduced me to his friend walter shriefels from quicksand ,,he had played with walter in europe for a vanishing life Tour plus US Dead heavens stoner rock tour....anyway so walter in it must have been 2019  invited my son (nate) to be his guitar tech/shaman of chill LOL anyway go on the quicksand national tour. I belong to a different bills chat site and I announce there in my music thread my son is going out on tour with quicksand.

I get a PM from a regular of that chat and he tells me Hey your son is coming to my Toronto venue for the quicksand tour? I"LL BE THERE lol...Im like WOW so arrange for nate to meet this man in toronto and he buys nate a beer and they talk punk rock HA> The randomness of that I think is incredible....toronto guy is for years club seat seasons Bills tickets from toronto in my bills chat and the guy owns 2 venues in toronto...unfortunately he cant cross border this season BUMMER

ANYWAY.... so they go on tour and i see them at the Belly Up in solana Beach, 4 piece great show. we go back afterwards and meet the other guys in the band say our goodbyes and they will travel at night 7 hours to phoenix AZ for the next show the very next day.

This is where this story turns left. guitar player has a bad drug issue and went into a downtown phoenix CVS pharmacy and was arrested for shoplifting over 400 worth of stuff..WTAF.....left everyone totally in the lurch for that nights show. ....after his release from jail they bought he a one way ticket back to NYC he was fired.

Band was forced to go 3 piece. Nate was HOPING walter would ask him to do that guys lead parts he was more than capable but as it didnt happen so they carried on and finished the tour as a 3 piece band.

and they are going out on tour this spring after covid Im really excited to see their lineup.

so was that worth my time to type or what LOL

m

Cool story, are you from SoCal?

I used to hang on Pacific Beach, when I lived in Phoenix (yes I was a Zoner). Man, hard to believe that was 30 some years ago. I always enjoyed my times there, and even got the worst sunburn of my life on that Beach.

6 minutes ago, Muppy said:

The LOCAL in PB is the Bills backers san diego venue. THIS will give you PB flashbacks matey ENJOY :-)))

The Local Pacific Beach - San Diego (thelocalpb.com)

https://thelocalpb.com/

Ha, that's awesome. I remember that bar (don't think that's what is was called back then) we always would stay just next door in the Beach Cottage hotel. That place was great, you could sleep with the patio door open and hear the ocean all night long. Back then it was a family owned, smallish place, and they had bbq grills on the strip of lawn between the older building and the beach. Way cooler place to say vs. The stuffy corporate joints across the street that backed up to Mission Bay. Thanks for the trip down memory lane. 😊

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Here's a home grown local SD band

(They hung out on Ocean Beach, PB was for the tourists 😎).

My nephew toured with them when he was with JBB (in fact the Dela the sax player used to play with JBB, and he had so much fun on that tour he quit JBB and joined with them). This is a long set (2 hrs. Plus) with a bunch of special guests.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Love these guys

2 hours ago, gdabillsfan said:

Here's a home grown local SD band

(They hung out on Ocean Beach, PB was for the tourists 😎).

My nephew toured with them when he was with JBB (in fact the Dela the sax player used to play with JBB, and he had so much fun on that tour he quit JBB and joined with them). This is a long set (2 hrs. Plus) with a bunch of special guests.

7 hours ago, Pete said:

metal and classical work so well together.  Its like they are connected.  I always said Beethoven was rock and roll

heres some riot grrls kicking but

One of my favorite tunes that really illustrates that blend of genres. I love to crank this up and chill out in the sunporch while I'm watching a snow storm

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Muppy said:

keeper youtube HA! This is way cool mateys BLESSED to be here! 

PS: have you ever NOT been able to find a fav youtube clip to discover the rat baastids removed it from site? SMH I SEARCHED to no avail yesterday for a live Prince Funk session LIVE it was Awesome and now kerplunk Grrrrr

#danceparty

That happens to me all the time. I set it up on a playlist, and when I go back to listen, it's gone 😪

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Muppy said:

me never. In WNY I was more into country rock stuff like allman bros eagles marshall tucker rock blues stuff this was new for me. Im enjoying being retired in socal and hearing new music in here its awesome :-)))

hey I wanted to ask if anyone (collective) would post what you like as far as music to dance to Im mining for gold mateys :-)))

m

this is good to dance to Muppy

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Muppy said:

me never. In WNY I was more into country rock stuff like allman bros eagles marshall tucker rock blues stuff this was new for me. Im enjoying being retired in socal and hearing new music in here its awesome :-)))

hey I wanted to ask if anyone (collective) would post what you like as far as music to dance to Im mining for gold mateys :-)))

m

Try these for dancing:

70s rock/disco

Old school R&B

New Orleans R&B

Mumbo Jumbo

Frank Zappa (making fun of disco)

• Awesome! (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Muppy said:

I saw zappa twice once at an outdoor amphitheater (mesa amphitheater)  and the other time at a place in Phoenix called The Celebrity theater with a round revolving stage. as a performer I would hate that but as a guest is was amazing.

I like dance mixes for low impact exercise. calorie burn and FUN. #workout

BTW: in Phoenix AZ did you ever by randon chance hear of a band called Marty Mitchell Band? I'll tell you why with an answer upcoming

Frank Zappa was my hero when I was a teenager. I bet I saw him at least 6 or 7 times back then. I have about 10 of his albums.

I remember the celebrity theater that was a great venue (saw Rick wakeman from Yes there, he was awesome in the round).

I saw quite a few shows at firebird lake (Stevie Nicks dad operated that venue). I don't remember the mesa amphitheater, I lived in North central Phoenix, and didn't get further east of Tempe much.

I used to be the catering manager at Westworld (for a short minute) in Scottsdale, so I worked  some of the concerts they had there.(Sawyer Brown was the most memorable) I also saw Ted Nugent there on the polo field for 5 bucks before I started working there.

My wife does the low impact exercise (line dancing) at the senior center, while she dances I walk the track.

I don't recall the Marty Mitchell band, I lived in Phoenix from 78 to 93, and dated a girl who was a DJ from the progressive rock station KSTM for a little bit. She was always getting tickets to shows for free from the radio station, so I was fortunate enough to see quite a few bands while we were dating.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Muppy said:

lmao  "Baby Got Back:" Sir Mix-A-Lot with the Seattle Symphony - YouTube

I attended this show. the floozie chorus line was never ending LOL

Interesting symphonic version of Baby Got Back.

I like the Stones clip, I saw them in 78 or 79 in Rich Stadium (drove all the way back from Phoenix). We all lived on whiskey sours, Miller beer and crunch & munch, for a couple of days.