Manuel was not given the chance to grow

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you figure they had no choice?

They always have a choice. There was no reason to force a QB there.

Right. There's always a choice. But, "no reason to force a QB there?"

Like I indicated in my post that you have blithely dismissed, it's easy to forget the Bills' situation in that draft.

Edited by Rocky Landing

https://www.silverandblackpride.com/2017/3/20/14988144/raiders-ej-manuel-not-given-chance-to-grow-buffalo-bills-i-know-what-kind-of-player-i-can-be

In this article, Manuel makes a good point. Take a read. Also glad to see him start Raiders camp as their number 2 ahead of Connor Cook.

EJ was a long shot and a project. Even in a perfect situation his flaws would be a challenge.

In this team he found himself without a qb coach, a first time OC that was very green, a rough group of pass catchers, supposed to be eased in with a vet qb who end up hurt in preseason forcing an injured EJ who missed part of preseason to start out of the gate (not at 100%).

He then went into offseason #2 with a head coach and GM that were having major issues, including him at the center of the drama.

He went from slim to none in the odds quickly. All things considered he has and continues to handle himself very professionally

Edited by NoSaint

EJ was a long shot and a project. Even in a perfect situation his flaws would be a challenge.

In this team he found himself without a qb coach, a first time OC that was very green, a rough group of pass catchers, supposed to be eased in with a vet qb who end up hurt in preseason forcing an injured EJ who missed part of preseason to start out of the gate (not at 100%).

He then went into offseason #2 with a head coach and GM that were having major issues, including him at the center of the drama.

He went from slim to none in the odds quickly. All things considered he has and continues to handle himself very professionally

100% true.

He also can't play quarterback.

Russel Wilson is exactly the kind of "diamond-in-the-rough" they were looking for. They missed.

"Coddling" seems like a really weird term to use in the Fitz situation. He had a string of really good games, and negotiated a high salary that wasn't warranted, or sustainable. That Fitz wouldn't be returning was a foregone conclusion that put us in a position where the Bills had no choice but to draft a QB in the first.

And, tell me the truth, would you have preferred Geno, the top ranked QB in that draft? At least we got a deal in trading down.

My point is that they never should've let it get to the point where they HAD TO draft a QB in 2013. There were plenty of opportunities to draft a guy before it came to that. They didn't "miss" on Wilson or other QBs; they never took a shot.

Edited by Buffalo86

My point is that they never should've let it get to the point where they HAD TO draft a QB in 2013. There were plenty of opportunities to draft a guy before it came to that. They didn't "miss" on Wilson or other QBs; they never took a shot.

By all means, lets keep harping on the mistakes made by NOBODY currently employed by the organization. Very productive.

I meant they "missed" on EJ. He wasn't the diamond they were hoping he would be.