Shady Wants to Play Until He's 33

@billsupdates

5:58 PM - 28 Jul 2017

@TBNSports

LeSean McCoy can see himself playing until 33. By @JaySkurski. #NFL #Bills #Buffalo http://bit.ly/2vfnpW6

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

History shows that small, shifty running backs do not age gracefully, they tend to hit the wall abruptly. I wouldn't bet on him being here next year without a restructure, 30-yr old RB's that carry a $9M cap hit are not exactly a hot commodity.

History shows that small, shifty running backs do not age gracefully, they tend to hit the wall abruptly. I wouldn't bet on him being here next year without a restructure, 30-yr old RB's that carry a $9M cap hit are not exactly a hot commodity.

He's the center piece of this team.

He won't have to restructure anything because the Bills aren't stupid enough to release him.

Does anyone else get the feeling that McCoy is going to be one of those very rare running backs that just keeps going and doesn't hit that wall everyone talks about at 30. I think Shady has a good 3-4 more really productive prime years in him. What does everyone else think?

I mean I hope so! He was used and abused in Philly but we shall see. Nagging injuries could hurt his longevity, but his usage rate is fairly low. Our offense runs through him, yet he averages under 16 carries a game. He's not being used as a workhorse and with capable backups, we could certainly hope to extend his career. Plus he's not a bruiser, so his body might not be as shot when he hits 30.

I mean I hope so! He was used and abused in Philly but we shall see. Nagging injuries could hurt his longevity, but his usage rate is fairly low. Our offense runs through him, yet he averages under 16 carries a game. He's not being used as a workhorse and with capable backups, we could certainly hope to extend his career. Plus he's not a bruiser, so his body might not be as shot when he hits 30.

Plus I don't know about you, but i never see him take big time hits like I see all the other running backs around the league take every Sunday.

I firmly believe that if we want him for 3 more years we have to platoon him with another back not run him on short yardage and goaline situations etc.

I know they are gonna work horse him because he can both run and catch......so we will see

REALLY hoping Jon Willaims emerges so he can be that guy that makes the tough yards and goaline runs

I firmly believe that if we want him for 3 more years we have to platoon him with another back not run him on short yardage and goaline situations etc.

I know they are gonna work horse him because he can both run and catch......so we will see

REALLY hoping Jon Willaims emerges so he can be that guy that makes the tough yards and goaline runs

I hate when McCoy gets taken out at the 1 yard line it drives me crazy. I mean at least let him get one shot on first down.