Is it okay for us to have a prediction pool?

With all the doom n gloom predictions lately, I thought why not back those prognostications with some cash?

If it's legal, I propose a betting pool where anyone participating puts in, say $25, and predicts the number of Bills wins. At the end of the season the people guessing correctly split the prize pool. Simple and straightforward, and you get rewarded for being right.

Thoughts?

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Let me figure out how to make it work, where to hold the money, best way to pay out, etc. Do most of you have PayPal accounts?

Also want to clear it with SDS.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Let me figure out how to make it work, where to hold the money, best way to pay out, etc. Do most of you have PayPal accounts?

Also want to clear it with SDS.

I also wanted to set up a FF league and have it go through a third party so it's legit with the money and give 20 percent to a charity of choice from all 10-12 members. Not sure if they would be acceptable and I don't want to step on any toes.

4-7 win team.

What's the bet ?

I sent Scott a PM. I want his okay before moving forward. For this pool you can't give a range. Pick one number. Only one entry per person. $25. Do you have a PayPal account?

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I sent Scott a PM. I want his okay before moving forward. For this pool you can't give a range. Pick one number. Only one entry per person. $25. Do you have a PayPal account?

PayPal Venmo Navy Federal Wells Fargo

Show me the money !!!

What's your guess ? 13-15 wins ?

SDS gave his okay so I will draw up some rules in a day or two. Let's do this. Is $25 a good amount?

Here's what I have so far:

$25 to get in, payable only by PayPal.

One entry per person

Predict exact number of wins, not record. Regular season only. Your official prediction must be in the PayPal message when sending money.

Winner or winners split total pool.

If no one gets it exactly right , closest guesses wins. (e.g. no one picks 5 wins then 4 and 6 are winners, etc.)

Money remains in my PayPal account until last game of regular season is complete.

All predictions will be posted on TBD for all to see.

Any comments or suggestions?

Edited by PromoTheRobot

So 6-10 is claimed ?

Put me down for 5-11, what kind of odds can I get on 2-14 ?

You can pick any number you wish. Like I said, winners split the pool. If ten people say 5 wins and that's what it is, money is split ten ways.

Will you accept Canadian currency?

CBF

When you send, say you are sending in USD. That way it will convert.

I realize this is all in fun and all but 25 bucks is a small drop in the hat, not really hurting the downers too much in the pocket. funny you made this thread though as I think it was yesterday I saw one of the downers claim they go 4-12. I thought to myself, I'd like to bet 500 to even a 1000 that they win more than 4 games. I'm sure losing 500-1000 may or may not hurt someone in the pocket, but it would be worth seeing them lose it.