Cardale traded to chargers!!

No, I mean like fans who think they know a QB's future when he's only taken a handful of meaningful snaps...

How long do you have to watch someone be a bad qb before you realize there isn't much there?

I totally get where you're coming from...I'm just giving you a tough time.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This guy talks like he knows something, but he literally has no idea. Sorry, but you don't win a championship being awful. Cardale may amount to nothing, but to sit here and throw away a development opportunity on an elite skill player for a 7th round pick is dumb.

Have you seen Tebow throw a football?

As a Buckeye fan, I'm sorry to see 12Gauge go and wish it would have worked out differently for him in Buffalo. Now a new fan base can wildly speculate about whether he's a good or bad QB. No matter what, he'll always have this and the playoff run that followed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhdNQHzusKo

Thank you Tom Herman. Last time we had a real passing game :cry:

Get over it, talent doesn't mean the guy can play. To many players get drafted on potential instead of production.

Looks like we're getting nothing.

They should asked for at least John Skelton.

Even Ray Charles should have seen this one coming...

So you are saying it is a move worthy of Heaven?

How long do you have to watch someone be a bad qb before you realize there isn't much there?

For me? -Three to four starts, minimum... Depends on the players skill set.

Like right now I don't think Lamar Jackson (LOU) is a pro QB prospect... Not at all... I do have him as a top WR prospect, however... LOVE his abilities... Stil don't see a pro QB there.

...I'm just giving you a tough time.

:lol: -No you're not.

We have had all types of back ups that amounted to nothing...We had a QB that was YouTube sensation, his nickname was "trick shot" or something. Amazing arm. Probably selling insurance somewhere now.

#FAKENEWS

Alex Tanney was signed to the practice squad of the Buffalo Bills on September 7, 2015.

He was dropped from the practice squad a day later.

He is playing for Tennessee now.

Cardale is/was highly talented, but terribly raw. If he wasn't developing - and there has been no sign or reliable inside information that he was - then that's that. I've got no problem with them cutting him loose and maybe getting a draft pick. I won't bash the pick because rolling the dice on Day 3 on a QB with his skill set is reasonable.

Look, if Lynn can tap into Cardale's dominance and leadership, -anything is possible...

The fact that the Bolts gave up anything for him at all must be a strong motivator for 12-guage.

Now you're just trying to hard.

well, at least the Bills realize that they want nothing to do with seeing him throwing passes for Buffalo.

That's the funny part... I like Peterman, but I've seen him throw some TERRIBLE balls as a collegiate... I mean, he was un-watchable at TENN.. While solid at PITT, he was far from masterful in that offense...

Side by side, Peterman is less athletic, less accomplished, with a FAR weaker arm than Jones... I'm eager to see what Beane thinks he has as far as QB depth.

Sounds like a lot of fans are upset with this trade.

But Cardale Jones was always a tremendous long-shot to have success in the NFL. Regardless of his physical ability or potential.

Most of those who cover the team believe he was very unlikely to make the roster this year at all.

Tyrod Taylor is our clear starter at QB. TJ Yates gives us an experienced veteran. Coaches obviously believe Nate Peterman has a better shot at NFL success. Odds are high we are targeting a 1st Round QB next year. This means that Jones was probably looking at the practice squad (at best) in 2017 with very few reps, only to be in a similar or worse position to make the team next year.

If a team was willing to give up a draft selection, can you really blame the Bills for taking it?

As an organization? Yes I can blame them. They picked a project QB in the 4th round last year without seeing it through and ended up picking another QB in the draft and in free agency this year. Turning a 4th rounder into a conditional 7th is a bad return on investment. Now the current coaching staff and GM may not have liked Cardale (which is pretty obvious), but again nothing like selling when the market is down. The Bills could have easily waited a little while to see if teams had a major injury and maybe let Cardale have an opportunity for a decent preseason showing and turned that into better trade value.

Look this organization doesn't get the benefit of the doubt until they start making smart moves on the regular, regardless if a new sheriff is in town. Different doesn't mean better, until it proves otherwise.

I have no idea if Cardale will be a decent QB - he looks like he has some physical skills and some leadership ability, but he also has some really big places to improve his game. With a project QB, it just seems very shortsighted to trade him when his value is low.

As an organization? Yes I can blame them. They picked a project QB in the 4th round last year without seeing it through and ended up picking another QB in the draft and in free agency this year. Turning a 4th rounder into a conditional 7th is a bad return on investment. Now the current coaching staff and GM may not have liked Cardale (which is pretty obvious), but again nothing like selling when the market is down. The Bills could have easily waited a little while to see if teams had a major injury and maybe let Cardale have an opportunity for a decent preseason showing and turned that into better trade value.

Look this organization doesn't get the benefit of the doubt until they start making smart moves on the regular, regardless if a new sheriff is in town. Different doesn't mean better, until it proves otherwise.

I have no idea if Cardale will be a decent QB - he looks like he has some physical skills and some leadership ability, but he also has some really big places to improve his game. With a project QB, it just seems very shortsighted to trade him when his value is low.

Cardale is a bad QB with little chance of having a career even as a backup. We should be thankful we got anything for him because he likely would have been off the team in a month. You're just looking to complain. We got a pick for our 4th string QB.

I didn't read through all of the responses but what confuses me is the timing. If all you get in return is a late round Conditional pick then why not wait until later in preseason when you'll have a better read on Peterman and when you can bet there'll be a few teams in desperation mode due to their own problems?

I didn't read through all of the responses but what confuses me is the timing. If all you get in return is a late round Conditional pick then why not wait until later in preseason when you'll have a better read on Peterman and when you can bet there'll be a few teams in desperation mode due to their own problems?

my read on it is they made up their mind in minicamp and they didn't want to waste their time or his time - giving him a chance to get into another camp early.