Do You Like Yacht Rock?

"You don't need feathery hair and thick beards to create sumptuous soft rock... BUT it helps!"

Sirius-XM for the summmer (again) is airing: Channel 17 as the Yacht Rock station. "The station of summer"

Is anybody else totally annoying their signif other and/or family by playing it 24/7. LoL... The playlist repeats repeats... Like walking past the dunes of the cape over and over again.

It's like sauna competition in Finland, last one staying in and listening, wins! But the winners are dead! Losers alive.

Not sure how much more Ambrosia "How much I feel" I can take any longer, but "Any Major Dude Will Tell You" & "Black Cow" should be coming around again.

Station chocked full of "penance songs" while waiting for a progressive soft rock gem to enter your auditory orbit!

So reach for your keys & remedies, one of these surely will screen out the sorrow, but where are you tomorrow?

Is this what Marina del Rey felt like in the late 1970s...??? Don't worry Levi, you didn't miss much. Just the smell of Bain de Soleil & sex.

So do you like Yacht Rock?

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

I look forward to driving around listening to Yacht Rock each summer on Sirius XM, but this year it seems to be made up of about 25 songs that play on a loop. I hoped the playlist would change after a week or so, but no such luck.

sad

I look forward to driving around listening to Yacht Rock each summer on Sirius XM, but this year it seems to be made up of about 25 songs that play on a loop. I hoped the playlist would change after a week or so, but no such luck.

sad

I noticed that too! It is a small, niche genre.

I guess if they expand the playlist, it would just be "The Bridge." ??

Yeah, so I never heard the term "yacht rock" before, so I googled it. If if Hall and Oates (Balls and Throats) Are included, then I hate it. TOTO is alright, I guess, but otherwise, keep that crap off my wave.

Edited by BUFFALOKIE

Yeah, so I never heard the term "yacht rock" before, so I googled it. If if Hall and Oates (Balls and Throats) Are included, then I hate it. TOTO is alright, I guess, but otherwise, keep that crap off my wave.

It was also an online video series,2005-2010:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yacht_Rock

"Ryznar and Stair devised the series after noticing the incestuous recording careers of such bands as Steely Dan, Toto, and The Doobie Brothers and the singer-songwriters Kenny Loggins and Michael McDonald. For example, McDonald co-wrote Loggins' "This Is It" and Loggins co-wrote McDonald's hit, "What a Fool Believes," for his band The Doobie Brothers. McDonald also performed backing vocals for several other 'yacht rock' artists, including Steely Dan, Toto and Christopher Cross.

Ryznar admits to having a fascination with the music of the period. As he explained, "Getting into Steely Dan really started this for me. As did the ability to buy dollar records at Amoeba and put them on tapes for my car. Kenny Loggins has made his way into all the pilots I've been involved with except [one]."[3] As Ryznar told Reuters contributor Andy Sullivan, "I'm making fun of the songwriting process, but the music is generally treated pretty lovingly."

sad

loving carolina shag tho

I think it may be board upgrade thingy?

SDS did warn us to remember our Loggins. And no, that's not Kenny... ;-)

Was certain you smug PC guys were doing something to keep Mac users from seeing the videos. I even downloaded Chrome - to no avail. I guess we're all Messina out. :ph34r:

It's better than the "Carolina Shag" station they have on presently.

Although Yacht Rock and Carolina Shag aren't my favorites, I do like that Sirius XM puts together oddball stations like this to expand horizons.