The Tyrod Taylor Question

No. I'm being obstinate to nonsense.

okay. have it your way. we'll see where Tyrod shakes out this season. of course you will probably have a million excuses for his performance this year. we will also see how Peterman develops. time will tell whether your obtuse or obstinate.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okay. have it your way. we'll see where Tyrod shakes out this season. of course you will probably have a million excuses for his performance this year. we will also see how Peterman develops. time will tell whether your obtuse or obstinate.

He's just a Bills fan who wants to see the starter do well. You should want the same.

You can't FN read! I have posted many times and even in this thread that Tyrod is an average QB with obvious deficiencies. WTH else have I been saying but that everyone should take a wait and see approach toward Peterman because it's far too soon. Again, I'm obstinate to nonsensical BS that you're spewing.

You can't FN read! I have posted many times and even in this thread that Tyrod is an average QB with obvious deficiencies. WTH else have I been saying but that everyone should take a wait and see approach toward Peterman because it's far too soon. Again, I'm obstinate to nonsensical BS that you're spewing.

i'm sorry. a thousand pardons. i haven't been spending the last however long, living on this board, so if i missed how many times you said whatever,.... i only know what i have seen and what i have seen is you trying to throw cold water on anything Peterman.

i maintain my stand, i like what the kid has shown. he has shown smarts, an understanding of the intricacies of the game and an ability to put the right touch on ball. his understanding of what he sees out there, for what little time he has spent in the NFL, exceeds Tyrod in some respects. if you do not want to admit that, i don't know what else to say. as i said, time will tell.

Edited by Foxx

i'm sorry. a thousand pardons. i haven't been spending the last however long, living on this board, so if i missed how many times you said whatever,.... i only know what i have seen and what i have seen is you trying to throw cold water on anything Peterman.

i maintain my stand, i like what the kid has shown. he has shown smarts, an understanding of the intricacies of the game and an ability to put the right touch on ball. his understanding of what he sees out there, for what little time he has spent in the NFL, exceeds Tyrod in some respects. if you do not want to admit that, i don't know what else to say. as i said, time will tell.

Like I said earlier he has shown some good and some bad. Let him face a real NFL defense with complex coverage designs and pressure schemes in a real game with game planning by DCs after there's a book out on him from film study that reveals strengths, weaknesses, and tendencies. Is that too much to ask? Because we've been down this road before with preseason QB heroes.

Like I said earlier he has shown some good and some bad. Let him face a real NFL defense with complex coverage designs and pressure schemes in a real game with game planning by DCs after there's a book out on him from film study that reveals strengths, weaknesses, and tendencies. Is that too much to ask? Because we've been down this road before with preseason QB heroes.

And there ya go, throwing logic at a perfectly good irrational piss fight. How will this thread ever reach 100 posts with reason and rationality mixed in?

i don't disagree a bit. all i'm saying is he has shown good tendencies. ones i have been missing seeing the last two years.

i'll venture a bit further and say that this WCO that Dennison runs is probably best suited to put Peterman into if the need arises. to a large extent, if run properly by the QB, it nullifies much of what a defense wants to throw at you. read Siemian last year. three step drop, boom the ball is out. five step drop, boom the ball is out. did you see that pass to O'Leary last night on an in route towards the middle of the field? O'Leary was blanketed and Peterman threw him a strike. Tyrod, for one would never see that play and two, would never even attempt to make that throw.

as i say, the kid shows a lot of good things out there, these are but a couple.

That is from my Bills App. --- QB RAT last night TT - 12. No, that is not a typo. 8 for 18 and 2 INT's 53 yards passing. Nate 78.5 10/20 167 yds and Yates 69.6 9/15 for 83 yds.

Is there really any defense for those stats?

It's like bizarro world here today. So Taylor's 94+ passer rating over 29 games is meaningless but a bad preseason passer rating on 18 passes is meaningful?!?!

Glad I can only pop in occasionally for this lunacy. Keep it up guys! Almost to 100!!! :thumbsup:

Yourself, nor anyone else is not welcome to tell me what my interests are in regards to this team or anything for that matter.

You are allowed to think what you will, but call it that instead of presenting it as fact when you are clueless as to what my thought process is.

I understand you guys operate with bitterness and resentment towards me because I don't follow that silly infatuation with an at best average QB, but get real...I purchased tickets yesterday and had fun cheering my Bills in Philly.

You guys make me laugh...a bunch of fake know it all's

I'm bitter and resentful, huh?

Reread this post of yours :doh:

what?

i distinctly remember you telling me there was no way Peterman would start this year unless Tyrod got injured.

I maintain, the over/under on Peterman starting just went down to game 6.

Nope. You aren't remembering correctly.

I said Week 1. I even made a bet for $100 with another poster here about that.

I never said Peterman might not supplant Taylor during the season if he got benched. Never.

EJ comparisons? If you want to go there. Did EJ ever have a QB rating of 12?

Seriously

That ship has sailed fellas let's deal with what we have.

Jeeze why is it so hard to root for the new kid?

Nate is a rookie that seems to get it in areas that TT doesn't.

This is a fact. Doesn't mean Peterman should be the starter necessarily...

He shows more innate instinct for throwing a football than Tyrod has shown to date.

Of course, if Peterman gets more game time against better players, he'll make more mistakes too.

You guys are awesome... good form over the last 24 hours of this thread :thumbsup:

Kind of funny how you Tyrod pushers are still trying to swim trying to push him as good enough even though fans with eyes can see he is losing his job one game at a time.

Soon enough it will be over and soon enough we can all look to a brighter future until then we get to continue to watch you few wallow in a sinking ship.

Better get that life jacket ready the Tyrod ship is going down faster then expected.

Edited by xRUSHx

Still beating that horse I see.

He did play without Glenn and Matthews and he performed pretty darn well for his second ever NFL game.

He did but he also wasn't playing against the eagles first Dline which is head and shoulders above their second/third line. He was also 1-8 when he did get pressure. I liked what I seen from the kid but lets not prop him up like he is better than Tyrod already. The kid was just as bad as Tyrod looked when he received the same type of pressure.

Edited by Scott7975

Nasty Nate makes some good throws, but he also throws a lot of clunkers. Like over throwing the wide open guy in the EZ.

Kindof reminds me of JP in that he makes some nice throws and you think, man, we got something here, and then misses an easy 2 yard pass.

Speaking of JP, Hotrod's tackle was best Bills QB tackle I've seen since JP ran a guy down and clobbered him at the sidelines

Kid has some promise I guess, but starting? Really? Come on man.

He's got a lot of work to do.

Foxx is kind of right. You do throw cold water on Peterman.

What do the Bills do in practice? Don't they try to run elaborate defenses?

W/o practice how would you know if they work or not.

It's like bizarro world here today. So Taylor's 94+ passer rating over 29 games is meaningless but a bad preseason passer rating on 18 passes is meaningful?!?!

Glad I can only pop in occasionally for this lunacy. Keep it up guys! Almost to 100!!! :thumbsup:

There is no excuse for a 12 rating transplant.

There is no way to use selective stats to make the last 2 practice games look decent.

This is the Denison O not the Roman O

Apple and orange

http://buffalonews.com/2017/08/18/updated-bills-53-man-roster-projection-following-week-two-preseason/

Quarterbacks (3): Tyrod Taylor, T.J. Yates, Nathan Peterman

Cuts: None

Analysis: No, there is no quarterback controversy. That idea is ridiculous. As bad as Taylor was against the Eagles, the Bills aren't considering a change – and that's the right move. Peterman made some nice throws for the second straight game, but is completing barely better than 50 percent of his passes in the preseason. He's done enough to earn the promotion to the second team, but it's crazy to think he's challenging Taylor right now.

@MrJeffHunter

It’s time to take a step back and look at where the #Bills stand when it comes to the quarterback position right now

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2017/8/19/16170308/buffalo-bills-quarterbacks-tyrod-taylor-nathan-peterman-tj-yates

After two preseason games, there’s a lot to unpack when it comes to the Buffalo Bills and their quarterbacking situation. The starter didn’t look very good, the rookie flashed talent between stretches of playing like a rookie, and the veteran backup is now third on the depth chart.

Let’s take a step back and look at everything here.