Week 16 & 17 2016

I realize this question is way late and irrelevant at this point, but if the Bills beat the Dolphins and Jets those two weeks would they have made the playoffs? I know after Week 16 they still would have been alive if they beat the Dolphins, because Marrone's Jaguars won that day.

I'm not here to defend Rex at all, but sometimes I wonder how much his perception would have changed if they won those last 2 games.

I think with the way things played out we'd have been eliminated later in the day had we beaten the fish. Had we won the last 2 Rex actually would have had a winning record in Buff; and yeah I also wonder if the perception would have been different.

Edited by Bills fan since 87

I realize this question is way late and irrelevant at this point, but if the Bills beat the Dolphins and Jets those two weeks would they have made the playoffs? I know after Week 16 they still would have been alive if they beat the Dolphins, because Marrone's Jaguars won that day.

I'm not here to defend Rex at all, but sometimes I wonder how much his perception would have changed if they won those last 2 games.

Giving up 200 yards rushing to the same back twice in one year when you say you are going to "Build a Bully" is indefensible. The overall defensive performance the 2 years under Rex, which translated into losses to winning teams where the Bills were dominated (no matter what the final score), is what got him fired. He billed himself as the Defensive savant......

I think with the way things played out we'd have been eliminated later in the day had we beaten the fish. Had we won the last 2 Rex actually would have had a winning record in Buff; and yeah I also wonder if the perception would have been different.

You sure? I mean after the Bills lost that day I was too frustrated too care. But I do remember the most unlikely thing that needed to happen that day was the Jaguars beating the Titans which actually went down.

Giving up 200 yards rushing to the same back twice in one year when you say you are going to "Build a Bully" is indefensible. The overall defensive performance the 2 years under Rex, which translated into losses to winning teams where the Bills were dominated (no matter what the final score), is what got him fired. He billed himself as the Defensive savant......

Very true. But I do wonder if he had finished 9-7 and made the Playoffs how much things may have changed. I mean you're right but he could have sold us that the was the first coach to make the Playoffs since the Flutie era.

I think Tex not understanding the situation and punting in OT convinced the Pegulas that Rex was not the right coach moving forward. Had nothing to do with outcome of game, more continued lack of preparation and work effort.

You sure? I mean after the Bills lost that day I was too frustrated too care. But I do remember the most unlikely thing that needed to happen that day was the Jaguars beating the Titans which actually went down.

Very true. But I do wonder if he had finished 9-7 and made the Playoffs how much things may have changed. I mean you're right but he could have sold us that the was the first coach to make the Playoffs since the Flutie era.

had we won out we still would not have made it.... we would have needed the broncos to lose to the raiders week 17. everything else played out the way it needed to though.

If they won the last two there would be a three way tie at 9-7 . not sure how that shakes out

you have to wonder if they tied for the last playoff spot is Rex still here. I am not saying he deserved to survive but the conversation sure changes. Turns out at the end of the day all of is flaws were on display during the Miami game and it cost him his job

If they won the last two there would be a three way tie at 9-7 . not sure how that shakes out

you have to wonder if they tied for the last playoff spot is Rex still here. I am not saying he deserved to survive but the conversation sure changes. Turns out at the end of the day all of is flaws were on display during the Miami game and it cost him his job

Denver would have gotten in over us. they had to lose week 17 if we won out.

Ryan should have put his ego aside and kept Schwartz. We would have had a good shot at the playoffs with this offense and Jim's D. Instead his ego got the best of him, which eventually cost him his job.

While I agree he should have kept Schwartz, that would have relegated Ryan to only being a head coach and in charge of game management. Maybe only focusing on that would have improved his ability in that area, but to me he was just so poor at in-game management. Schwartz's defense can only be so good if there are 10 or 12 men on the field multiple times per game.

While I agree he should have kept Schwartz, that would have relegated Ryan to only being a head coach and in charge of game management. Maybe only focusing on that would have improved his ability in that area, but to me he was just so poor at in-game management. Schwartz's defense can only be so good if there are 10 or 12 men on the field multiple times per game.

Yeah I was thinking that way he could have focused solely on game and player management. You are correct though, as he proved he was terrible in this area anyways. Glad we moved on.