Being a Bills fan helped me today and it taught me something

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Situations like this is the reason why it's hard to come together as one and live our lives without constantly degrading one another. That's why I can't stand all of these slave movies and history remakes that keep popping up over the past couple of years. Its like somebody want to keep picking at the wound and not letting it heal. There's a movie coming out called Detroit I think. To me right now it serves no purpose. If anything it will cause a further divide. That's why I'm saying let's move on and get ready to support our Bills. Thanks and God bless.

That's exactly what our society does wittingly and unwittingly

creates the divide. Its why we have 2 extreme political parties and nothing in between. I look at it as a divide and conquer situation. SOme of it planned by the evil in the world some of it self imposed on ourselves as we struggle for understanding of WTF is wrong with our world our species.

There is so much hatred., White on black, liberal on conservative, Nationalist on Immigrant... and the fact is news movies blogs feed everyone's desire to believe one thing over another.

Many of us go through a process in our lives understanding the world we live in thinking we figured it out, learning that all we thought to be true is not true, being angry about the deceit and lies, spewing that frustration in the form of anger and hatred. Then coming around to realizing it all was a waste of our time and serves no real purpose but to allow us to be consumed with emotions that do not make life better for anyone around us or even away from us. That has been my journey.

My reality now is willful ignorance. I no longer follow politics nor do i care anymore. There is literally nothing I can do. I've never been a racist, I view others and human beings, not by their race, or status. Not whether they are an immigrant or some misguided Nationalist. I have a family and maybe 20 - 40 years left on the planet and I am not going to waste them consumed in frustration stress, anger and hatred.

As a wise man once said. " Do onto others then run"

wait a second that doesn't sound quite right.. Its "Do onto others as you would have them do onto you" Simple Karma based spiritual guidance.

Edited by ddaryl

Yes. Born and raised in one of the worst cities Newark, NJ

Quick funny story....I met a guy once and we were going through the whole where are you from what do you do and it went like this:

Me: So, where are you from originally?

Him: The armpit of th U.S. The worst city in the country.

Me: Oh, Gary, Indiana.

Him: So, you've been there?

Me: No, I just drove through...that's all it took.

Him: Yes, that would do it.

Why to truckers, in general, do everything possible to pull over to the left when another truck is sitting on the shoulder with flashers on, but, y'all don't mind blowing by a soccer mom on the shoulder with a minimum of clearance.

This had me busting up!! Thanks! :D

Actually my moniker is a tribute to my Uncle Joe who introduced me to the Bills in 1964. WWII vet who was a navigator in B52s. RIP.

No offense taken... :beer:

"Who wants to break the news about Uncle Joe

You remember Uncle Joe

He was the one afraid to cut the cake

Who wants to tell poor Aunt Sarah

Joe's run off to Fire Lake"

Joe's run off to Fire Lake

......at the junction - Petticoat Junction! (sorry, I'm old and that stuck in my head when I saw your name!)

I drive trucks for a living. Today in PA I was about to enter interstate 81 and a DOT officer pulled me over. I noticed he had a Bills sticker on the computer he was using in his vehicle. As he's running the info I told him I'm also a Bills fan. He asked me what made me a Bills fan being from Jersey. I explained to him why and then he told me what made him a Bills fan being from PA.

We went over so much as far as history, Sammy Watkins, Tyrod and all of our hopes. We talked so much that we were on the side of the highway and he didn't even want to go over my truck. I normally get agitated when I'm stopped by DOT, and all he was doing was his job. With all that's going on with law enforcement and the African American community I hope some people that rode by got to see that a relationship can develope and all it take is level heads and sometimes common grounds. This officer was very cool and I pray more are like him or he rub off on the ones that don't care to be like him somewhat.

Overall being a Bills fan finally paid off as of late. And I hope and pray that law enforcement and all communities find a way to coexist and weed out the bad on both sides.

Always good to read or hear a nice story of happenstance moments of friendliness.

Commonalities are awesome when discovered.

Bills fans are the best !

Understood - I liked Hooterville.

another fine reference.

and now i hear the song

Way to go Gugs. You went up a notch with me.

Gug is a tough nut to crack sometimes.

But a good Kid for sure

You created where it's heading.

Sorry friend - you created it, not him. He is entitled to feel concern ANYWHERE in this country (and others) as an African-American. It's not for others to tell him where he should and where he shouldn't worry. Unless you are also African-American and have had the same experience, it seems somewhat dismissive. And of course you weren't trying to be dismissive I'm sure.

So let's just all celebrate this as a victory of sorts and agree that this is probably going to be another disappointing year of football for us. :-)

Sorry friend - you created it, not him. He is entitled to feel concern ANYWHERE in this country (and others) as an African-American. It's not for others to tell him where he should and where he shouldn't worry. Unless you are also African-American and have had the same experience, it seems somewhat dismissive. And of course you weren't trying to be dismissive I'm sure.

So let's just all celebrate this as a victory of sorts and agree that this is probably going to be another disappointing year of football for us. :-)

I think you missed some posts. I called it out at first too. it was a misunderstanding and he apologized, which was graciously accepted. It's all in the past now. No biggie. Time to move on...

Ugh, maybe because the reality is that some other people do? Can't we put this to rest? Race is not the primary point.....

Now is a good time. If Cherrybone wants it reopened, he can let me or any other mod know.