Zeke Elliott suspended for 6 games. For real this time!

I would have more sympathy for the players if the NFLPA had not expressly agreed to this "forced" system of discipline.

Their union sucks.

they kissed Upshaw's behind in the media 24/7 for his regime, while his "union" got the worst deal of all pro sports, barely any progress at all.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

@ap_nfl

BREAKING: Federal appeals court clears way for NFL's 6-game suspension of Dallas Cowboys star Ezekiel Elliott in domestic case

@clarencehilljr

5th Circuit court of appeals rules against Ezekiel Elliott, throws out his preliminary injunction

@sportslawguy

5th Circuit rules that district court did not have subject matter jurisdiction in Zeke case. Vacates PI, which reinstates his suspension.

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/10/12/16330764/ezekiel-elliott-6-game-suspension-appeal-nfl-wins-cowboys

@albertbreer

The bye week would give Ezekiel Elliott some time to re-file in Texas. Circuit court ruled he filed too early in September.

...any idea what the numbers are relative to cases going to the courts as in NFL vs NBA, MLB, NHL, etc?......and I probably should exclude Unions spats/arbitration issues....just curious.......

Managed to pick up Morris in my fantasy league. Hope he's the guy. Someone else grabbed McFadden before I could make a move on both. Either way one of us struck gold.

The way their line looks so far this year, I'd say one of you struck slightly tarnished silver. ;) Edited by buffaloboyinATL

they kissed Upshaw's behind in the media 24/7 for his regime, while his "union" got the worst deal of all pro sports, barely any progress at all.

The Union needs to look for another Upshaw. The players have lost almost 7% of the total revenue since D. Smith took over and all they got a decrease in practice time for losing the money. It also seems to lead to a few more injuries because the players are not in game shape.

D. Smith has been bad for the players and he is going to make it worse because he is already looking to fight the wrong battles - spending huge money on court cases because he did not do his job at the bargaining table and he refuses to work with the league on anything.

Upshaw worked with the league (some may say to close), but he got the players things and he did it without lawsuits and threats.

Suspension reinstated. There goes my fantasy season.

Not necessarily. The court didn't rule on the merits of Elliott's team's case. They simply ruled that they were wrong to file in Texas before the arbitrator issued his decision. They can now re-file in Texas or file in NYC.

The NFL announced that the suspension was effective immediately, though further appeals were possible and the Cowboys are not playing this weekend.

We are currently exploring all of our legal options and will make a decision as to what is the best course of action in the next few days,'' Elliott's attorney Frank Salzano said

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21003461/court-clears-way-nfl-6-game-suspension-cowboys-ezekiel-elliott