Sound bar question/troubleshooting

So I have Sony Soundbar that is connected to my LG tv with an optical cord. The problem is that connection point for the optical cord is in the back of my TV in the middle and that's where my wall mount attaches to. With the mount right there, the optical cord is getting pinched so I get a lot of static.

The Best Buy guy I talked to yesterday stated that my best option would be to by an Arc Adapter and have my sound ran through HDMI. I just talked to my friend and he said the sound quality from HDMI isn't as good. He said I should be able to run the optical cord straight from my Roku into my sound bar and I would be able to get audio....the sound bar doesn't need to be connected to my TV at all. I'll have to check my Roko box to see if I have an optical port.

Is that the best option I have to solve the static issue? Any other suggestions amigos?

Over Best Buy? You can have them ....

As I said Best Buy is the only option for advice other than Walmart or Target

I do think they are a bit pricey or limit their stock so you have to buy the more expensive items.

Oh and you have to ask them specifically NOT to bring you out a refurbished device.

13 - 14 years ago I saw a guy with a sign saying BB refused to fix or repair a TV 31 days after purchase.

Shortly after I bought a TV DVD VCR for my son on his BD and I had to return it an hour after I got home. That was hen I noticed the green sticker indicating refurb.

3 years ago I went in for a laptop, again even mentioned no refurbished device. He was 1/2 way through the setup when I noticed a warp and an opening in the case.

Was I pissed. I had to sped another 45 minutes to finish up.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

I just talked to my friend and he said the sound quality from HDMI isn't as good.

Isn't as good as the static?

My apologies if this comes out wrong, but if you're using a Sony sound bar, the last thing you need to do is pretend to be an audiophile.

Try the adapter and listen for yourself. If it sounds good to you, then anyone else's opinion is moot.

My apologies if this comes out wrong, but if you're using a Sony sound bar, the last thing you need to do is pretend to be an audiophile.

Try the adapter and listen for yourself. If it sounds good to you, then anyone else's opinion is moot.

Or in this case, mute.

Thank LABillzfan....what you said didn't come out wrong.

The only issue with the adapter is it's hard to find in stores so I'll have to order it online.

If there is a quicker or easier solution...I'm open to it.

Or in this case, mute.

ZING!

Aren't you Asian? shouldn't you be able to figure it out?

You would think especially since both products in this discussion are from Asia.

I'm what you call a disappointment.

Yes through an HDMI port

Than just run the audio from the Roku to the sound bar and save yourself the trouble. If you had more than one source being shown on the TV, I'd suggest otherwise because then you'd have to toggle the sound bar inputs every time you changed video inputs.

But one source is one audio, and directly running it into the sound bar will work (granted, I'm not a fan of seeing cables, but this ain't my house).

So I have Sony Soundbar that is connected to my LG tv with an optical cord. The problem is that connection point for the optical cord is in the back of my TV in the middle and that's where my wall mount attaches to. With the mount right there, the optical cord is getting pinched so I get a lot of static.

The Best Buy guy I talked to yesterday stated that my best option would be to by an Arc Adapter and have my sound ran through HDMI. I just talked to my friend and he said the sound quality from HDMI isn't as good. He said I should be able to run the optical cord straight from my Roku into my sound bar and I would be able to get audio....the sound bar doesn't need to be connected to my TV at all. I'll have to check my Roko box to see if I have an optical port.

Is that the best option I have to solve the static issue? Any other suggestions amigos?

My son has a sound bar.

I like his sound bar a lot.

I want a sound bar, and money isn't an obstacle.

Everything you typed (whatever it actually meant, because I have no idea what that was about) is my obstacle.

Best Buy is full of clowns......I just need some geeky person to hook me up and make it work. Everyone claims to know what they are doing, and most are just pretending. Sadly, I don't know enough to tell who the liars are.