Amazon Prime Day: July 11

YoloinOhio

Thought I did but after I went to pay it did not match what the listed stated.

I figured out was issue - I have Amazon Prime student and evidently it does not include Amazon Prime deals even though the only difference between the two is whether Amazon Prime membership can be shared. Probably going to tell Amazon how unhappy I am and cancel for a while unless they promise to either update documentation (they will claim site states only Amazon Prime gets deals but other documentation contradicts it. Wasted several hours looking.

A coworker helped me buy an Amazon Fire 8 for my wife for her birthday next month. Nothing else.

Thought I did but after I went to pay it did not match what the listed stated.

I figured out was issue - I have Amazon Prime student and evidently it does not include Amazon Prime deals even though the only difference between the two is whether Amazon Prime membership can be shared. Probably going to tell Amazon how unhappy I am and cancel for a while unless they promise to either update documentation (they will claim site states only Amazon Prime gets deals but other documentation contradicts it. Wasted several hours looking.

A coworker helped me buy an Amazon Fire 8 for my wife for her birthday next month. Nothing else.

i would definitely call. They are usually very accommodating with customer service. I got a few deals but nothing too exciting. It wasn't s prime day deal but I bought a Fire Stick for $39.99. I've heard good things. I have directv, but have a tv on a covered patio that I want to be able to access Netflix, Amazon video, etc. Hope this works out.

put kodi on it and you will have the full experience.

i would definitely call. They are usually very accommodating with customer service. I got a few deals but nothing too exciting. It wasn't s prime day deal but I bought a Fire Stick for $39.99. I've heard good things. I have directv, but have a tv on a covered patio that I want to be able to access Netflix, Amazon video, etc. Hope this works out.

I bought three things, all at great discounts.

1) a fry thermometer, saved 56% or $7.25

2) a USB-C to 4 USB hub and saved around 60%.. $12

3) Mattress topper for my daughter for her dorm, saved around 45% ar $30

Spent about $50, saved about $50...happy with savings, but not exactly retiring on the savings

i bought a nearly new 22" weber kettle grill off my local neighborhood facebook garage sale site for $35

can never go wrong with a Weber kettle...great deal!

Have you tried any of the other new "sell my scit " apps...forget their names off the top of my head

I caved and bought an echo. I've always been the type that would sign up for the free trial of prime around Christmas time and then drop it before payments kick in. I decided to stick around this time. I'm behind the curve when it comes to streaming music, but I think that portion alone will pay for itself. The wife also winds up buying a lot of school supplies for her class on amazon, usually while on a free trial of her own. It really was time to just keep prime year round.

I looked through some other deals and was tempted occasionally, but I didn't wind up getting anything else. There was really nothing that I need at this point. I came close on clicking on a discounted PS4 controller, but not a single one of my games is two player.

I caved and bought an echo. I've always been the type that would sign up for the free trial of prime around Christmas time and then drop it before payments kick in. I decided to stick around this time. I'm behind the curve when it comes to streaming music, but I think that portion alone will pay for itself. The wife also winds up buying a lot of school supplies for her class on amazon, usually while on a free trial of her own. It really was time to just keep prime year round.

I looked through some other deals and was tempted occasionally, but I didn't wind up getting anything else. There was really nothing that I need at this point. I came close on clicking on a discounted PS4 controller, but not a single one of my games is two player.

you will be amazed how much everyday stuff you start to buy now on Amazon

you will be amazed how much everyday stuff you start to buy now on Amazon

That's going to be a rough transition. I'm still the type that wants to see most things before actually buying them. I can definitely see switching over easily for things like HVAC air filters or batteries though, stuff I'm changing constantly.

That's going to be a rough transition. I'm still the type that wants to see most things before actually buying them. I can definitely see switching over easily for things like HVAC air filters or batteries though, stuff I'm changing constantly.

you will be like me and it will slowly become to habit to spot something you want in the store pull up the Amazon app and check the price there...and order it from Amazon 7 out of 10 times.

I picked up a couple more Echo Dots for around the house, and an add-on battery for one of them so I can move it from the bedroom to the bathroom in the morning/etc. Total bill was less than $100, so I'd say that was a decent deal.

you will be like me and it will slowly become to habit to spot something you want in the store pull up the Amazon app and check the price there...and order it from Amazon 7 out of 10 times.

There's a third party app called wikibuy that compares prices for stuff you're looking at on Amazon and lets you know if there are better deals elsewhere. I find it very useful; I think your percentages are pretty spot-on (i.e., 70% of the time the Amazon price is best).

More importantly to me is finding something in the store, pulling it up on Amazon and finding out it's crap (based on reviews). Then finding a well reviewed version for about the same price.

What we don't order on there is dogfood, get that through Chewy. Wife handles that, but damn if that package doesn't get delivered right as the other bag is about out...and I mean very last day of food.

I have no idea if that place is cheaper or not than petsmart etc, but the convenience and timing is unreal.

And my dogs eat food that ain't available at the Kroger.