Article on why 2017 passing game can make giant leap forward

No, because they deliver when the teams needs them. And in critical time of the game. TT just does not have it in the clutch. He cannot finish.

They both great QBs. They are a combined 23 - 40 over the last 2 years!!! How clutch were they?!?

I get stupider every time I open this thread.

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, because they deliver when the teams needs them. And in critical time of the game. TT just does not have it in the clutch. He cannot finish.

TT just does not have it in the clutch. He cannot finish.

serious question. how many more times do you think you'll post that here?

just a rough estimate would be suffice...?

No, because they deliver when the teams needs them.

http://thebiglead.com/2016/11/13/kiko-alonson-baited-philip-rivers-into-a-game-winning-pick-six/

Tie game, 1 minute remaining. Chargers are past the 50 and just need a field goal to win. Rivers instead threw a game-clinching pick six. I don't think Tyrod has ever thrown a worse pass than this when you consider game situation. I mean when has Rivers ever been known as a clutch QB?

Not really sure why I took the time to respond to you like this is any semblance of a normal conversation but why not.

http://thebiglead.com/2016/11/13/kiko-alonson-baited-philip-rivers-into-a-game-winning-pick-six/

Tie game, 1 minute remaining. Chargers are past the 50 and just need a field goal to win. Rivers instead threw a game-clinching pick six. I don't think Tyrod has ever thrown a worse pass than this when you consider game situation. I mean when has Rivers ever been known as a clutch QB?

Not really sure why I took the time to respond to you like this is any semblance of a normal conversation but why not.

Surely you see how ignorant it is to cherry pick one situation like this right?

bringing like Rivers and Brees to compare to Tyrod is so silly. Yes, all qbs make mistakes. Those guys threw 200 and 100 more passes than TT and are asked to win games for their teams. There is zero comparison from Brees/ Rivers have to do compared to Tyrod.

But the difference is that it is obvious that is not them that is at fault. They have consistent #. They do their job every game aside a few mistakes. They actually throw the ball and can beat you with their arms. It is way different when the game is close and you loose because your rb fumble or a receiver did not catch a TD or a first down. Why because you look at 300+ passing 3tds 1 int. And they do it week in week out you can see why they are loosing. Now with he rushes for 70 yards Shady 150 yards and 210 passing but you are missing wide open receivers. Throw uncatchble passes 80% of the time specially when it counts. Then the only way one can compare them is on paper. Just t like the communist manifesto perfect on paper and that's about it.....

Clutch is overblown and overrated. It's great to have, but you don't need to have it to be great.

See Aaron Rodgers.

And I bet after I just posted his name you're immediately jumping to a single pass or a single play like the third down beauty that one the Dallas game in the playoffs. But the simple fact is, Aaron Rodgers really doesn't come from behind in the fourth quarter, with the game-winning drives. He's done it about as much as Taylor over the span of their careers, by percentage.

And now someone's going to assume I'm comparing Taylor to Rogers and sayings somehow that Taylor is comparable in terms of how good he is. :doh:

At least he used the quote function correctly there, right? :flirt:

Surely you see how ignorant it is to cherry pick one situation like this right?

All I hear is that Tyrod lost the Raiders game, Baltimore game, etc. What Rivers did there is lose a game for his team. It's ridiculous to point to him as the face of clutchness, surely you know that.

All I hear is that Tyrod lost the Raiders game, Baltimore game, etc. What Rivers did there is lose a game for his team. It's ridiculous to point to him as the face of clutchness, surely you know that.

Don't forget the Patriots, Dolphins and Steelers games. He got pantsed in those ones too.

What you hear is Tyrod is not a clutch performer and his entire body of work tends to agree with that. You guys cherry picking single plays or games and trying to paint an accurate picture is dumb.

Tyrod is a low risk/low reward QB who won't lose you many games but he's also not going to win you many either. That's who he has been. He's serviceable for the time being.

What you hear is Tyrod is not a clutch performer and his entire body of work tends to agree with that. You guys cherry picking single plays or games and trying to paint an accurate picture is dumb.

Tyrod is a low risk/low reward QB who won't lose you many games but he's also not going to win you many either. That's who he has been. He's serviceable for the time being.

There are no "clutch performers" in the NFL. That entire concept is a myth created by people's memories of the all time greats. Most QBs stay within their normal stats in 4th quarter losing situations and only Tom Brady is winning 50% of games where he's losing in the 4th quarter. My argument isn't that Tyrod is clutch, it's that using that as a primary analytical factor is absurd.

1000 if I have to because they don't get the point. They are trying to run nonsense stats trying trying to compare them to real NFL franchise QBs. That there is no question that they are the starters for the years to come. Brees is the same height, does not run, was doubted when he left college, doubt it when he was in SD, but when the finally gave him his next gig in New Orleans. He sure has delivered and has left no questions through their front office or the NFL. TT has started two seasons with Baaaaaarely one 300yds game in two seasons. And has one win above .500 now you wanna speak of average. I'mma give you the Jets Game he is 8-8 in two seasons. So that's 50 of his games. That's not good at all. That is a Fat F+.

1000 if I have to because they don't get the point. They are trying to run nonsense stats trying trying to compare them to real NFL franchise QBs. That there is no question that they are the starters for the years to come. Brees is the same height, does not run, was doubted when he left college, doubt it when he was in SD, but when the finally gave him his next gig in New Orleans. He sure has delivered and has left no questions through their front office or the NFL. TT has started two seasons with Baaaaaarely one 300yds game in two seasons. And has one win above .500 now you wanna speak of average. I'mma give you the Jets Game he is 8-8 in two seasons. So that's 50 of his games. That's not good at all. That is a Fat F+.

I don't even know what this means. We have the best chance to win with Tyrod Taylor starting this year, and honestly probably next year even if we draft someone. I think he can improve under this offensive coordinator and be an adequate starter. However, if the defense doesn't make improvements it won't matter. Drew Brees is a perfect example of why your defense needs to be at least somewhat good for you to be successful. They have been 7-9 in 4 out of 5 years with a sure-fire hall of fame QB putting up 5000 yards and 30 TDs per year.

What is the conclusion you are trying to come to?

Edited by dneveu

Love to see posts like this. Might as well be a white flag.

Maybe instead of insulting people and bashing Tyrod, you should form an actual defense of your opinion that involves things like facts and statistics and evidence. And if those things don't support your argument, maybe you should think about revising your opinion.

Listen dude. We have lost most of our games half or more games in two years with the same QB that has underperformed his contract. There are still question surrounding his franchise ability. Why have they not committed like they have done with Wilson and Brees? There is a real doubt on him. A huge doubt. From 30 mils to about 7 and he agreed. He new he was not gonna get better than that like other players. Like Woods. despite having TT as QB they still believed and signed him for Millions with a lot of GGGuaranteed $$. Brandon Beane has said that a QB has to consistently throw from the pocket. Ha ha ha TT. He was not there when the decision was made. I'm pretty sure he is scratching his head. But Business wise he has to start him but I don't think it will last Mid season if that. Quit being optimistic about a guy that is sorry. I forgot he's the best for the Bills standards.

So he made a mistake on the clutch. Wow, wu we. One mistake or few here and there. But through his career he has had plenty of comebacks in clutch times. How about when Brady had the Dolphins a few years ago. He was at the 8 yd line with 40 seconds with two time outs and he threw a pick???

I don't even know what this means. We have the best chance to win with Tyrod Taylor starting this year, and honestly probably next year even if we draft someone. I think he can improve under this offensive coordinator and be an adequate starter. However, if the defense doesn't make improvements it won't matter. Drew Brees is a perfect example of why your defense needs to be at least somewhat good for you to be successful. They have been 7-9 in 4 out of 5 years with a sure-fire hall of fame QB putting up 5000 yards and 30 TDs per year.

Once again but they are convinced with evidence that it is not Brees. If it was, he will be out of there. Like I said even with all that he throws for 300 plus no matter who he is playing against and can demolish any team in the clutch. It is easy to game plan for TT. A real defense will shut him down in both categories easily. Make him be a QB. The Pats game our defense helped, he didn't light it up either time we played.

I meant not be out there.

So.......