Truth is, Nobody Has a Clue What This Team Will Be Like

I have a hard time seeing more than 6 wins this year with my gut telling me closer to 4 wins. I have no idea why I think that other than not having faith in Tyrod (that's it). I like our coach and GM and see talent in most other areas of the team. I think the last 16 years have really just beaten me down and the fact that the Patriots are supposed to be this "Super Team" just screams "not a chance in hell this year." I think most people in this type of mind-frame are the ones in tank mode and just see this year as going through the motions until we find that elusive franchise QB.

I'll be at every home game and love the tailgate more than ever and would love, more than anything, to be wrong about Tyrod. The reality of another 8-8 or 7-9 season is such an abrasive thought and a tough place to be in when so many other bottom dwellers are looking for QBs as well. Anyway, the people that are predicting terrible seasons love this team as much as anyone and those frustrations are obviously visible on a message board.

What if Tyrod turns the corner? I just can't see it after seeing his type of throws over the last two years but what the hell do I know (or anyone of us for that matter). Here's to the home opener and to that one thing we always try to cling on to year after year...hope.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last game to really bug me was the EJ/Jacksonville game. The rest of that season, and all of 2016, I've realized it's all a game. I love me some Bills but it's not worth it to get beat down in July. Even at 6-10 this year, it's still NFL football in Buffalo. It could be an open lot had they moved, or never came in the first place.

I have a hard time seeing more than 6 wins this year with my gut telling me closer to 4 wins. I have no idea why I think that other than not having faith in Tyrod (that's it). I like our coach and GM and see talent in most other areas of the team. I think the last 16 years have really just beaten me down and the fact that the Patriots are supposed to be this "Super Team" just screams "not a chance in hell this year." I think most people in this type of mind-frame are the ones in tank mode and just see this year as going through the motions until we find that elusive franchise QB.

I'll be at every home game and love the tailgate more than ever and would love, more than anything, to be wrong about Tyrod. The reality of another 8-8 or 7-9 season is such an abrasive thought and a tough place to be in when so many other bottom dwellers are looking for QBs as well. Anyway, the people that are predicting terrible seasons love this team as much as anyone and those frustrations are obviously visible on a message board.

What if Tyrod turns the corner? I just can't see it after seeing his type of throws over the last two years but what the hell do I know (or anyone of us for that matter). Here's to the home opener and to that one thing we always try to cling on to year after year...hope.

You can evaluate players any way that you want, but you should keep in mind that Tyrod was a Pro-Bowler 2 years in a row, has a lock on Watkins who is now hopefully healthy, and lt looks like unlike last year he actually has a few different receivers to thrown to.

He's more of a gamer than like 90% of the team too, plays hurt, puts in the work, and wants to be great. I don't know how good he has to be to "turn the corner", but if his last start was any indication. Maybe he has a bit? He still needs a ton of work on window passing, and timing passing, but it looks like he's willing to put in the work. Easy guy to root for.

His last start FWIW - 26/39 329 and 3 TDs, another 60 yards rushing. The team had 30 First downs, and he led a 4th quarter comeback. 8-18 on 3rd down as well...

Always hopeful at seasons beginning

You are correct nobody knows because a good coach will take a mediocre team and make them a playoff team. So the only question is all about the type of coach we have. Proof is in the puddin

Tyrod is a better option than most any other option we had this year... He needs to be able to make magic when the pressure is on and were down by a score in the 4th quarter... Worse case scenario we get a decent QB next year in the draft

Edited by ddaryl

The last game to really bug me was the EJ/Jacksonville game. The rest of that season, and all of 2016, I've realized it's all a game. I love me some Bills but it's not worth it to get beat down in July. Even at 6-10 this year, it's still NFL football in Buffalo. It could be an open lot had they moved, or never came in the first place.

Its too bad the defense blew it at the end.

:devil:

Yeah. That Pick-6 our D got to retake the lead really took the wind out of our sails :lol:

Any unbiased fan knows EJ was the reason that game was lost. The few that blame the defense, well....You're right, it is laughable.

Any unbiased fan knows EJ was the reason that game was lost. The few that blame the defense, well....You're right, it is laughable.

EJ played terrible. Candcwhen the D had to get a stop they didn't. To say the defense had no responsibility is wrong.

Just busting on people using the bad defense as an excuse for Tyrod over the last 2 seasons.

Buffalo led 31-27 and the D allowed the Jagoffs to score another TD to gain the lead.

That game is quite possibly the worst example to prove your point. EJ scored 20 of the Jaguars' 34 points, which Tyrod doesn't do. And the Defense scored 7 of our 31, which was the reason we took the lead in the game.

unbiased fan so freaking predictable.

That game is quite possibly the worst example to prove your point. EJ scored 20 of the Jaguars' 34 points, which Tyrod doesn't do. And the Defense scored 7 of our 31, which was the reason we took the lead in the game.

no point to prove. the little devil was an indicator I was trolling and look how fast they fell for the bait.

Fact or Fiction? - The Bills had the lead and the defense allowed the Jags to score to retake the lead.

oh and might I add wasn't there a blown call by the Refs that aided Jax?

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

If no one has a clue, then why be negative and predict 4 wins?

Nobody has a clue what this team will be like...

...but I think they'll be bad.

Classic TBD. :beer:

If no one has a clue, then why be negative and predict 4 wins?

No reason at all but for the first time in a long time, this season just feels like it's going to be a painful one. I honestly think it's the Patriots dominance more so than anything else. The feeling of spinning our wheels on QBs along with the Pats has not given me much hope for this season. I'm not sure why because I like our team much more this year as far as management and coaching.

unbiased fan so freaking predictable.

no point to prove. the little devil was an indicator I was trolling and look how fast they fell for the bait.

Fact or Fiction? - The Bills had the lead and the defense allowed the Jags to score to retake the lead.

oh and might I add wasn't there a blown call by the Refs that aided Jax?

Fact. and yes, that PI call on Robey still kind of upsets me.

Fact or fiction? - The Defense wasn't on the field for 2 of the Jaguars' TDs.

I get that you were trolling. I just wish you picked a better game as an example, because they exist and that one isn't one of them.