Truth is, Nobody Has a Clue What This Team Will Be Like

Why? If the defense doesn't "Rex suck", and Sammy stays healthy, and we make FG's, and Shady has yoga healthy hammy's....TT was NOT the reason we missed the playoffs last year. Allow fewer points, avoid stupid penalties and coaching decisions, then who knows? Everyone wants to point at Tyrod, and while he was far from perfect, that is all misplaced hatred.

Has nothing to do with past Tyrod, too many good teams where he's gonna have to pass the ball.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why? If the defense doesn't "Rex suck", and Sammy stays healthy, and we make FG's, and Shady has yoga healthy hammy's....TT was NOT the reason we missed the playoffs last year. Allow fewer points, avoid stupid penalties and coaching decisions, then who knows? Everyone wants to point at Tyrod, and while he was far from perfect, that is all misplaced hatred.

He's going on his 7th year in the league. He still has the same weaknesses that he's always had, which are not insignificant.

He's not going to get better. The only way this teams wins more than 4 games is if the defense wins them. Tyrod's ceiling was reached in high school.

I have a hard time seeing more than 6 wins this year with my gut telling me closer to 4 wins. I have no idea why I think that other than not having faith in Tyrod (that's it). I like our coach and GM and see talent in most other areas of the team. I think the last 16 years have really just beaten me down and the fact that the Patriots are supposed to be this "Super Team" just screams "not a chance in hell this year." I think most people in this type of mind-frame are the ones in tank mode and just see this year as going through the motions until we find that elusive franchise QB.

I'll be at every home game and love the tailgate more than ever and would love, more than anything, to be wrong about Tyrod. The reality of another 8-8 or 7-9 season is such an abrasive thought and a tough place to be in when so many other bottom dwellers are looking for QBs as well. Anyway, the people that are predicting terrible seasons love this team as much as anyone and those frustrations are obviously visible on a message board.

What if Tyrod turns the corner? I just can't see it after seeing his type of throws over the last two years but what the hell do I know (or anyone of us for that matter). Here's to the home opener and to that one thing we always try to cling on to year after year...hope.

Nobody but you?

He's going on his 7th year in the league. He still has the same weaknesses that he's always had, which are not insignificant.

He's not going to get better. The only way this teams wins more than 4 games is if the defense wins them. Tyrod's ceiling was reached in high school.

that is totally not true.....TT improved even from when he was drafted

I honestly dont know if he is maxed out..maybe he is....but I also know that if players around him actually make plays when they are needed even a maxed out TT can qb this team to the playoffs.

He has a lot of strengths to go with those warts

But he will have to be the reason if they are to make the playoffs this year.

If his play is identical to last years and the defense makes a big jump......he will not have been any better then last year but we could get into a wild card

I mean....there are a lot of unknowns......does the running game taper off a bit? I dont know.....do we have a better receiving core and that area improve? Maybe

But our defense was the foundation of our team...top 5 just 2 years ago and fell into the middle of the NFL.....THAT needs to improve

Truth is, Nobody Has a Clue What This Team Will Be Like

We do, lots of them. An absolute certainty, no. But we know what's likely.

No, Tyrod wasn't the reason we missed the playoffs. Nor was the defense.

The reason - as it always is - was the Buffalo Bills and how good they were.

But Tyrod was part of the reason. As was the defense. And the rest of the laundry list of problems.

Pro Bowler? lol. Do you realize just about everyone 'makes' the pro bowl these days with all the legit pro bowlers dropping out of the game?

If by everyone you mean the top 5% of NFL players, then you are correct.

Very misinformed posting here.

I love how we won 15 games in two years with tyrod as qb and now we won't win 4 cause he's our qb. And the only way we win more is if the defense will win us games this coming year. Even though they lost us all the games the last couple years! My mind is going nuts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very misinformed posting here.

Tell me how/in which areas he's progressed whilst in Buffalo.

I think anyone giving a truly honest assessment will either say he's not moved the needle OR has regressed in all areas.

Gug....I think you said "since high school"

It was hyperbole.

Just reflect on what you've written about him. You're supporting a QB who, in order to be successful, NEEDS others around him to do spectacular things.

That's what one should want from a backup QB; not a starter. And your assessment of him is spot on. He needs other around him to make him better. Again - that's an expectation one would have for a backup. Which he has been for the majority of his career; with good reason, as displayed over the past two seasons.

I'm not saying Tyrod Taylor has no talent. He does. He has the ability to do great things on the field. But a starting QB should be relied upon to do great things when great things are necessary.

He can not be relied upon in those situations.

in those situations, Bills fans are hoping for a big run from Shady, or for an opposing DB to fall down, or for a WR to make some acrobatic catch.

We never say, "Okay, Tyrod. Put this team on your back and do your thing." Never. Ever. Ever.

That's what you want out of your starting QB.

Tyrod has a great work ethic and he's got a lot of tools. But he lacks consistency and he is not capable of putting the offense on his back.

He's one hell of a backup, but any team for which he starts should never expect to get above .500.

I want better.

Queue the "well who's out there that's better?" crowd.

We've got a new GM in place to figure that out. But Tyrod has already shown us that he simply is not the answer.

It was hyperbole.

Just reflect on what you've written about him. You're supporting a QB who, in order to be successful, NEEDS others around him to do spectacular things.

That's what one should want from a backup QB; not a starter. And your assessment of him is spot on. He needs other around him to make him better. Again - that's an expectation one would have for a backup. Which he has been for the majority of his career; with good reason, as displayed over the past two seasons.

I'm not saying Tyrod Taylor has no talent. He does. He has the ability to do great things on the field. But a starting QB should be relied upon to do great things when great things are necessary.

He can not be relied upon in those situations.

in those situations, Bills fans are hoping for a big run from Shady, or for an opposing DB to fall down, or for a WR to make some acrobatic catch.

We never say, "Okay, Tyrod. Put this team on your back and do your thing." Never. Ever. Ever.

That's what you want out of your starting QB.

Tyrod has a great work ethic and he's got a lot of tools. But he lacks consistency and he is not capable of putting the offense on his back.

He's one hell of a backup, but any team for which he starts should never expect to get above .500.

I want better.

Queue the "well who's out there that's better?" crowd.

We've got a new GM in place to figure that out. But Tyrod has already shown us that he simply is not the answer.

Name me a QB that doesn't need some play makers around him.

Name me a QB that doesn't need some play makers around him.

My point is not to compare our QB situation to other teams' QB situations. I am speaking specifically about the Bills' starting QB.

I truly think 8-11 wins this year.

I sincerely hope you're right! I will also opine that, unless most of those 8-11 wins are because of Tyrod's play, rather than in spite of his play, the Bills will still look for better.

New coaches, new playbooks, player turn over.

I would be happy with a well disciplined team and the right players on the field each play.

Cut down on penalties . One more draft and free agency to fit this coaching system.

Making the playoffs is not yet practical. Getting rid of the Rex circus was a great improvement.

New coaches, new playbooks, player turn over.

I would be happy with a well disciplined team and the right players on the field each play.

Cut down on penalties . One more draft and free agency to fit this coaching system.

Making the playoffs is not yet practical. Getting rid of the Rex circus was a great improvement.

Amen.