Trapasso: Is Preston Brown Good or Not?

Luke Kuechly doesn't ever struggle! No matter what. In fact he's the only player who can cover Gronk.

Kuechly is the exception.

please explain keuchly? i believe you are greatly overestimating how good he is.

he had a rather lousy 2016. 2015 was not hsi best year either. he can cover gronk only with safety help - roman harper and the panthers safeties helped him do so. the panthers defense was keyed on gronk.

futher, keuchly struggled getting out of the box last year due to the ****ty play on the edges. he still was phenomenal for the most part but not at all done any favors by the dl.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

brown may be better moved to strong side linebacker in this 43. i'll be quick as i have work to do while the sun is out (beehives)

hodges or humber is set at will linebacker

lorax is likely the strongside linebacker

ragland gets the nod over brown

in my system i'd use them in rotation of shifting

hodges would be a 3rd down package back over humber - at least until i see more.

on 1st and 2nd and run downs lorax gets the first dibs. but i'd be quick to move ragland there on a run heavy team and bench lorax

i'd put brown in the middle with ragland if the defensive line is not 2016 rex ryan - rex ryan actually meaning the word feces. as in, when i sit on the toilet i dispense rex ryans in the bowl.

i have so many more questions about the defensive line than i do anything and what i actually see as a lack of depth so much so that i'd consider giving lorax reps at defensive end. as well as hodges. washington makes me shrug that we could have developmental issues in a sophomore slump situation. kyle williams is always a concern but always proves us wrong despite me never being his yugest fan. dareus keeps getting pegged as a man out of the system - which is terrifically mind bottling. good players always play good - dareus is one of the best in the league. jerry hughes is the player i think that will have the worst 2017 by fans accounts. shaq lawson is pro bowl bound.

I am confounded by this statement. and its a reach to crown Shaq this early, but i like your attitude because he just might

Preston was a stud in Schwartz' system and may have had an overall better rookie season than Kiko. He is just another player whose Rex's system murdered.

He wasn't a stud in that system. He was barely above average. Keuchly is a stud. Brown is at best average and usually below.

He wasn't a stud in that system. He was barely above average. Keuchly is a stud. Brown is at best average and usually below.

He was getting mentions for rookie of the year and had over 100 tackles

He wasnt a blue chipper like Keuchly....but hey Keuchly might not even be Keuchly anymore with the mounting concussions

please explain keuchly? i believe you are greatly overestimating how good he is.

he had a rather lousy 2016. 2015 was not hsi best year either. he can cover gronk only with safety help - roman harper and the panthers safeties helped him do so. the panthers defense was keyed on gronk.

futher, keuchly struggled getting out of the box last year due to the ****ty play on the edges. he still was phenomenal for the most part but not at all done any favors by the dl.

...so we can anticipate him as a Panthers cut and being faced with a true conundrum as to whether we pick 'em up, right?..............

He wasnt a blue chipper like Keuchly....but hey Keuchly might not even be Keuchly anymore with the mounting concussions

What does Kuechly having his career derailed by injuries have to do with Preston Brown? Honestly, John. Trying to tear down other stars to prop up Bills is a real pattern.

Rookie of the year? Come on now.

No he wasn't a blue chipper. He wasn't a stud either. Maybe slightly above average that year, but he was nothing special and no where near rookie of the year.

...so we can anticipate him as a Panthers cut and being faced with a true conundrum as to whether we pick 'em up, right?..............

i'm surprised he's not been cut already, honestly.

:beer:

I am confounded by this statement. and its a reach to crown Shaq this early, but i like your attitude because he just might

remember how pozluzeknee was not that good? and no one cared much about chris kelsey wasn't great? and chris hogan and so many others?

hughes will be a scapegoat for 2017 like gilmore was a scapegoat in 2016

My intolerance of refugees is a disgrace to my Swedish heritage.

The postmortem bb.com deluge was just too much.

idiots that are mainstays liek myself probably didn't help, either

still, glad you're back. most of us have calmed our nuts down and the bbmbers are fitting in well finally. think the bad eggs finally cracked out.

What does Kuechly having his career derailed by injuries have to do with Preston Brown? Honestly, John. Trying to tear down other stars to prop up Bills is a real pattern.

the haradest part watching keuchly this year is going to be watching him behind a dismal dl. gonna be a rough year for the carolina box

i love watching him and thomas davis, along with shaq thompson. they are amazing.

That article seemed a little shocked that Preston and several others on the Bills were on the top of the leader board for stops given the struggles on D but that just makes for more opportunities, which is a little ironic when he begins the article talking about the need for better stats. The funny thing was he wasn't even really talking about stats as a statistical measure but was talking about data, the number of stops not any % or probability.

Edited by Steve Billieve

Sooner or later the roids will catch up with you. :(

No he wasn't a blue chipper. He wasn't a stud either. Maybe slightly above average that year, but he was nothing special and no where near rookie of the year.

He led the #4 ranked defense in the NFL in tackles (an overrated stat but still) as a rookie MLB. Why is it so hard to say he had a good season in 2014?

Scott I am just saying that there were mentions of it that year. He was playing well enough his rookie year that people felt good about the position leading into the next year.

Then.....Rex Ryan happened.

Edited by John from Hemet

I believe the quote was more along these lines:

He's having a very similar season to Kiko Alanzo's rookie year in which he was obviously in the conversation for rookie of the year.

He was the defensive player of the week for that sick Miami game too.

I'm sure we can all agree he's a better fit for what Schwartz asked him to do that what Rex asked him to do.

He led the #4 ranked defense in the NFL in tackles (an overrated stat but still) as a rookie MLB. Why is it so hard to say he had a good season in 2014?

He did have a good season. That doesn't mean he was a stud. I guess I am just picking on your word choice really.

He's having a very similar season to Kiko Alanzo's rookie year in which he was obviously in the conversation for rookie of the year.

I'm sure we can all agree he's a better fit for what Schwartz asked him to do that what Rex asked him to do.

I can probably agree with that. Let's see how he does this year.

Scott I am just saying that there were mentions of it that year. He was playing well enough his rookie year that people felt good about the position leading into the next year.

Then.....Rex Ryan happened.

My problem is that I'm not so sure it's just rex Ryan. Let's revisit after the season and I'll keep an open mind until then.

Brown had a better overall rookie year than Kiko. He just didn't have the big plays, which Kiko did in his first 5 games.

Brown isn't a great LB. but he can be productive in the right system and every defensive player gets a pass from the last 2 years.