Trapasso: Is Preston Brown Good or Not?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he's terrible and i can't wait for Ragland to take over. Preston makes some good plays where casual fans like him but most of the time he's getting blocked out of a play, overpursuing, or isn't fast enough to get the edge. he has zero athleticism. he is a very meh player

in case you couldn't tell, he is my least favorite player on the whole team

he's terrible and i can't wait for Ragland to take over. Preston makes some good plays where casual fans like him but most of the time he's getting blocked out of a play, overpursuing, or isn't fast enough to get the edge. he has zero athleticism. he is a very meh player

Lol Ragland. He's a fit in Rex's gone forever scheme only. Brown had a bad year but let's see how he does when his coach isn't calling him dumb in public.

Lol Ragland. He's a fit in Rex's gone forever scheme only. Brown had a bad year but let's see how he does when his coach isn't calling him dumb in public.

Ragland will surprise some people. he's more athletic than people give him credit for. he's not an ideal fit but he's a better player than Preston Brown that's for sure

Ragland will surprise some people. he's more athletic than people give him credit for. he's not an ideal fit but he's a better player than Preston Brown that's for sure

Ragland struggles in man, but was a fine zone defender in college. He has some edge, and hits hard. Attacks run gaps, doesn't get caught up. Better pass rusher than brown too.

Edited by dneveu

I would like to see our lb core good enough that Preston Brown is a strong backup

I just think back to those 2 miami games.... :(

Or the pittsburgh one. Dareus was like a shell of himself last year. Hopefully he comes back and brings it. Makes everyone around him better when hes attacking his gap and dragging doubleteams.

I would like to see our lb core good enough that Preston Brown is a strong backup

I just think back to those 2 miami games....:(

Are you trying to blame those games all on Preston? How about the offense going 3 and out 7 times in a row in the Miami heat. Or the d line getting punched in the face.

Lots of blame to go around.

Or the pittsburgh one. Dareus was like a shell of himself last year. Hopefully he comes back and brings it. Makes everyone around him better when hes attacking his gap and dragging doubleteams.

Marcel really is the unknown factor of this season

So much talent......so intregal to the D....so much money invested.

We need Big Stuff to actually play up to his talent level...that was the plan. How good would Denver's D have been if Von Miller was doing what marcel has been doing?

Preston was a stud in Schwartz' system and may have had an overall better rookie season than Kiko. He is just another player whose Rex's system murdered.

Rex's system requires so many checks and changes based on the offense. The 4-3 3-4 wide 9 whatever... it's all football. His defense is fundamentally different in the run fit's and it saps a ton of the aggressiveness of some of your players.

Are you trying to blame those games all on Preston? How about the offense going 3 and out 7 times in a row in the Miami heat. Or the d line getting punched in the face.

32 yards on 14 carries from our running backs. Gross. And we started Hunter and Goodwin at WR.

Was McCoy still hurt?

Edited by dneveu

Rex's system requires so many checks and changes based on the offense. The 4-3 3-4 wide 9 whatever... it's all football. His defense is fundamentally different in the run fit's and it saps a ton of the aggressiveness of some of your players.

Yup. He inherited possibly the best d line in the NFL and thought we needed to do crazy blitzes.

The majority of football players, especially defensive ones, are dumb. The more they have to think, the less effective they are.

I can see Preston doing well in this system. I. An also see them cutting him because he's not "their guy."

A fit only in Rex's 3-4? Good one! Hahaha.....he's not the best coverage guy, but he can and will outperform Brown without question.

in case you couldn't tell, he is my least favorite player on the whole team

Brown was pretty good in a 4-3 defense under Schwartz.

no he's blaming a rookie running for 200 yards on us on him. watch the game and watch Preston get blocked out of every play, it's pathetic

Actually no that was not my intent at all.....I just would have liked to see what a D with Ragland in there would have done.

no he's blaming a rookie running for 200 yards on us on him. watch the game and watch Preston get blocked out of every play, it's pathetic

1) he wasn't a rookie

2). LBs are most often a product of their d line. Most LBs aren't great at taking on oline. So if your d line is getting killed at the point of attack and o linemen are locking on LBs, you're going to get gashed.

Blaming LBs for that awful game is oversimplification.

Actually no that was not my intent at all.....I just would have liked to see what a D with Ragland in there would have done.

The d line got bitched. Unless Ragland was The greatest LB ever, it would have made no difference.

Also, Ragland played his whole career behind a d line that was far superior to every team they played against. We're not sure how good he really is because he got to constantly play free.