Bills' 2017 Training Camp Discussion - Off Day on 7/31

Wawrow seems to be permanently down in the dumps. Often focuses on the bad stuff at practice.

Good grief.

I guess it was only a matter of time before the messenger-killers of TSW started taking even Wawrow's reports personally too. :rolleyes:

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Makes me sick he is being handed a starting role right now. Literally there is ZERO reason why he should be running with the ones. The dude sucks, plain and simple. Slow, terrible route runner, and has stone hands. Only thing he has going for him is that he is tall.

Does this really matter during the 1st week of camp?

@mikerodak

Main takeaway from Bills' practice Sunday: passing game overall continues to struggle. Dropped passes by Andre Holmes, Rod Streater and Philly Brown in 11-on-11 work, passes batted at line, sacks and inaccurate throws defined the day. Rookie CB Tre'Davious White played a role, breaking up two passes. Best throws from Tyrod Taylor were a pair of completions to rookie WR Zay Jones in a move-the-ball drill.

Ok ive seen enough from Holmes. I know it's just training camp but you don't acquire hands over the course of a couple months, and he had issues dropping catches in Oakland. Please get Boldin in here. Or hope one of the UDFAs works out.

@mikerodak

Main takeaway from Bills' practice Sunday: passing game overall continues to struggle. Dropped passes by Andre Holmes, Rod Streater and Philly Brown in 11-on-11 work, passes batted at line, sacks and inaccurate throws defined the day. Rookie CB Tre'Davious White played a role, breaking up two passes. Best throws from Tyrod Taylor were a pair of completions to rookie WR Zay Jones in a move-the-ball drill.

3 guys who may not make the team..................and who have never been in my kitchen

Does this really matter during the 1st week of camp?

it says a lot about the perceived notion this staff has about him. I feel like it will take a lot for him to fall, due to the staff already having a certain perceived value.

Kind of like Cardale Jones versus Yates and Peterman. This staff didn't see one snap at preseason or training camp, yet go rid of a player.

Ok ive seen enough from Holmes. I know it's just training camp but you don't acquire hands over the course of a couple months, and he had issues dropping catches in Oakland. Please get Boldin in here. Or hope one of the UDFAs works out.

The Maclin signing was HUGE, yet this staff tried to low ball him. Here we are a week into camp and won't be able to evaluate Tyrod again because we give him crap to throw to. We have 13 million in cap space though. Absolutely brutal.

To your point.

@BradleyGelber

I hope Boldin is getting WR updates on training camp. If he wants playing time, he should sign with the #Bills.

it says a lot about the perceived notion this staff has about him. I feel like it will take a lot for him to fall, due to the staff already having a certain perceived value.

Kind of like Cardale Jones versus Yates and Peterman. This staff didn't see one snap at preseason or training camp, yet go rid of a player.

I disagree...they are so many WRs in camp that they all rotate through. The best players will make the team. No reason to get upset this early

I disagree...they are so many WRs in camp that they all rotate through. The best players will make the team. No reason to get upset this early

@SalSports

At this point, might as well write the top 3 WRs in blood (unless there's an injury or signing). It's ALWAYS Watkins, Holmes, Zay Jones.

Doesn't sound like your theory.

@BuffRumblings

Here are the major topics from Sunday’s training camp practice

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2017/7/30/16064810/injuries-matt-milano-tanner-vallejo-rod-streater-storylines-sunday-bills-training-camp-practice

Sunday’s practice started off with some injury updates for the Buffalo Bills, and progressed to include some answers to questions regarding the depth chart. Some veterans were given a lighter workload today, providing some younger players a chance to show their stuff. Here are the major story lines from day four of camp.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

@SalSports

At this point, might as well write the top 3 WRs in blood (unless there's an injury or signing). It's ALWAYS Watkins, Holmes, Zay Jones.

Doesn't sound like your theory.

I'll wait until the games start. A Buffalo reporter making predictions on the roster after 4 days of practice. He also said....at this point.....things can change, right?

The Maclin signing was HUGE, yet this staff tried to low ball him. Here we are a week into camp and won't be able to evaluate Tyrod again because we give him crap to throw to. We have 13 million in cap space though. Absolutely brutal.

Excuses going forward already. All other QBs make due with what they have to work with and they seem to be evaluated properly. My god stop with the excuses for Tyrod!

Edited by old school

Excuses going forward already. All other QBs make due with what they have to work with and they seem to be evaluated properly. My god stop with the effing excuses for Tyrod!

It's not an excuse for me, but, we have all seen it before. The reason why we traded up for Watkins, to get EJ help. Whether you want to believe it or not, there is a notion out there that WR can make QBs better.

Excuses going forward already. All other QBs make due with what they have to work with and they seem to be evaluated properly. My god stop with the excuses for Tyrod!

Good point but how can Holmes dropping everything be Tyrod's fault? Isn't that a major problem if he doesn't have anyone reliable to throw to?

Mike Tolbert is a beast, and poor Kevon Seymour, who was starting in place of Ronald Darby today, found out the hard way.

He tried to tackle “the Toldozer” one on one...it did not end well for Seymour, as Tolbert ran right through him.

He’s a big, tough dude who could definitely carve out a role behind LeSean McCoy this season.

Toby try not to break any of your teammates save that for the season.

The Bills "starting" RB(doesn't actually carry the rock 250-300 times and comes out in short yardage/goal line)........ makes over $8M per year(and considerably more than that if you count the fact he double dipped on his Eagles contract, which wouldn't even have expired until AFTER this year).

There are 13 punters in the NFL whose average annual salary is in the range of the tender it would have taken to retain MG...........and 7.....half of them names GG has never even heard of....that make over $3M.......which is where MG's NE deal fell.

MG was the most productive ypc back in the NFL........and also among the very elite in short yardage and TD%..........which is kinda' like hitting HR's and not striking out.......they should not correlate...........but that's how good he was in his two seasons in Buffalo.

Yeah, he warranted that meager two year investment......especially with Shady's age and injury history.......no doubt.

Calling it "nearly starter" money doesn't make a difference.......it's relative table scraps with very little commitment for a young and incredibly productive player.

RB production is easy to find IMO........but that is if you are good organization..........the Bills aren't and they rarely find gems......FJax is really the only proven starting quality RB they've acquired outside of the top 2 rounds of the draft in the last 50 years(take away 2nd rounder Travis Henry and that becomes "outside of the FIRST round)...........and that is why they so often find themselves drafting them in round 1.

You say that finding RBs is not easy for the Bills, but don't factor in that in fact two years running the Bills did indeed find first Karlos Williams in the 5th and then picked MG up off the scrap heap. You also neglect to account for the 5th rd pick we got for him. Not saying it was right to let him go, but there are some holes in your argument.