VETERAN WR OPTIONS

I don't have any sources, just log jams on the depth chart for some teams that may be had for a low draft pick or FA without breaking the bank. Thought I'd start the conversation.

1. Tyrell Williams-LA

2. Matthew Slater-NE

3. Brandon Coleman-NO

4. Sammie Coates-PIT

5. Brian Quick-WAS

6. Kendall Wright-CHI

7. Allison Geronimo-GB

8. Phillip Dorsett-IND

9. Marquise Lee-JAC

10. Tyler Boyd-CIN

Edited by BillsDiehard

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see what you're trying to do, but I don't know if any of these guys are options. If Tyrell Williams gets cut because of a logjam I might bring him in - he had moments last year - but he doesn't really fit the need, which is a sturdy vet we can rely on as a #2. We have plenty of #3's and 4's

Ragland? If he doesn't fit the 4-3, plus we play more nickel, and if a WR is available...

cant see it. He's battling for the MLB role and even if Preston plays that, he's a FA this year so Ragland steps in next year. I can't see McD trading him for a WR.

We are an extremely difficult sell to any wide receiver. Tyrod's limitations make the Bills a very unattractive destination. 0 wins throwing the ball over 30 times, 0 regulation games over 300 yards, can't throw the middle of the field, can't lead a receiver. We got to run the ball and hope the defense can make stops when we go 0-3 5 times in a row in the 2nd half

Coleman would be a nice get. he is huge

i thought Brian quick signed, if not he is better then some of the guys they have in camp

We are an extremely difficult sell to any wide receiver. Tyrod's limitations make the Bills a very unattractive destination. 0 wins throwing the ball over 30 times, 0 regulation games over 300 yards, can't throw the middle of the field, can't lead a receiver. We got to run the ball and hope the defense can make stops when we go 0-3 5 times in a row in the 2nd half

I agree but at some point these guys have to sign with someone.

Wright is with Bears

i thought Brian quick signed, if not he is better then some of the guys they have in camp

He is talking about trading low picks for these guys.

cant see it. He's battling for the MLB role and even if Preston plays that, he's a FA this year so Ragland steps in next year. I can't see McD trading him for a WR.

I guess I'm just going off that we'll probably see 2 LBs on the field most of the time, and we have Hodges, Brown, Alexander, Humber, Milano, and Vallejo. I personally cannot wait to see if Ragland can produce in our scheme, but just from a numbers game standpoint it would make sense to me. IF there's a trade partner.

These are not FA's. They are roster players that the OP sees possibilities of being available

Right. Plus dealing Ragland now would be selling low. Dude is on a rookie deal and can be a stud.

they said Holmes has been the standout player so far. sounds like they are ready to roll into the season with what they have. TE might be the bigger hole

Ragland? If he doesn't fit the 4-3, plus we play more nickel, and if a WR is available...

Ragland will be the starter at MLB. Preston Brown is a bum who is slow to the ball. Both will play but Ragland will get the majority of the snaps

they said Holmes has been the standout player so far. sounds like they are ready to roll into the season with what they have. TE might be the bigger hole

Ragland will be the starter at MLB. Preston Brown is a bum who is slow to the ball. Both will play but Ragland will get the majority of the snaps

Preston is not a "BUM." But perhaps trade him if Ragland is the winner of the competition. Then again, we could use some LB depth this year. We are thinner their than at WR. Perhaps the odd-man out in the 3-way backup QB battle.