iphone won't turn on - what's the deal?!?

bbb

It's happened twice in the last few days. I've never had it happen before. I put the phone in my pocket or whatever, and then next time I go to use it, it's dead as doornail. I did some googling and found out that doing a hard boot might bring it back to life - and it has.

But, it said that that probably means it's a software problem. So, is there anything simple I can do - or is it time for a new phone?

Same thing happened to my Samsung Galaxy S6 a few months ago. Only a 1.5 years old.

It was in that reboot loop thingy. Had to send it back, Verizon got me a new one the next day.

Sucks when you can't change batteries. I looked up how to do it on iFixIt, but tight fit seemed complicated. Called for heating a back cover remover in the microwave... You gotta be kidding! No thanx. It was under replacement plan.

What type of phone? My IPhone seems to s$&t the bed every two years or so. Coincidence that I am always due for an upgrade when this happens?

I was running Nougat right before mine deep sixed. Now, my other phone was the case you mentioned. They pushed an OS and my Droid 4 bricked... I miss the mechanical keyboard/slider. Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Bingo. It often coincides with an update right at the 2 year mark.

I ended up buying a new one or updating or whatever they want to call it. My year mark was one month away.............The guy who sold me it pretty much buys into what you guys are saying.

I ended up buying a new one or updating or whatever they want to call it. My year mark was one month away.............The guy who sold me it pretty much buys into what you guys are saying.

I guess I was lucky up until about 2 months ago I was rockin' an iphone 4S!....it then started to rapidly lose charge and would spontaneously shut down. I got an iphone SE, mainly because it was cheap, but also a nice size...what a dramatic difference!

I guess I was lucky up until about 2 months ago I was rockin' an iphone 4S!....it then started to rapidly lose charge and would spontaneously shut down. I got an iphone SE, mainly because it was cheap, but also a nice size...what a dramatic difference!

About the same for me. I really like the Touch ID feature.

Three times I've put a dead phone in a bag of rice like they say to do but all three times I have failed to seal it tightly enough and the phone got all wet when I boiled it.

Well, you're not supposed to boil the rice. It's supposed to be used in stir-fry mode only. Talk to your service provider. Maybe they could send you recipe instructions.

Well, you're not supposed to boil the rice. It's supposed to be used in stir-fry mode only. Talk to your service provider. Maybe they could send you recipe instructions.

Dude it says "boil in bag" in giant letters and when you read the instructionary fine print it gives the details. Neither says crap about how to reseal the bag after you put the phone in. It's like it is a Capri Sun level scam.

And I don't want my phone smelling like soy sauce by stir frying it.

Edited by 4merper4mer

I got the SE, too, because of the size. They call them one handed phones, and I like them way more than the bigger ones.