Sabres & NHL 2017-18 - Entry Draft on June 22

47 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Not as much as his boneheaded plays have ruined him. Easy to see why nobody in Moanrayall was sorry to see him go. 

Every defenseman makes mistakes. He is an above average player, though not great, and we are lucky to have him. He is on the ice a lot for a reason and gets to a lot of pucks, plays hard every play and has some real offensive up side. 

True, he made one of the biggest screw up plays ever against the Islanders, but then again, all our defenseman have made serious screw up. 

Projected Lineup

6 Marco Scandella - 55 Rasmus Ristolainen
19 Jake McCabe - 47 Zach Bogosian
Josh Gorges - 41 Justin Falk

40 Robin Lehner
31 Chad Johnson

Game Preview: 12/15/17 vs. CAR

LAST GAME
Thursday, December 14
Buffalo 1 at Philadelphia 2
Goals: O’Reilly
Goalie: Lehner (25 saves/27 shots)
PP: 0/1; PK: 2/2; Shots: Philadelphia 27 – Buffalo 20

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 143)
Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed

Taylor Fedun (lower body, Nov. 17; injured reserve) – 15 games
Jacob Josefson (ankle, Nov. 28; injured reserve) – 8 games
Nathan Beaulieu (illness, Dec. 5) – 5 games

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
N/A

UPCOMING GAMES
Tuesday, Dec. 19: Boston at Buffalo, 7:30 p.m.
Friday, Dec. 22: Philadelphia at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Saturday, Dec. 23: Buffalo at Carolina, 7 p.m.
Wednesday, Dec. 27: Buffalo at NY Islanders, 7 p.m.
Friday, Dec. 29: Buffalo at New Jersey, 7 p.m.

TONIGHT’S GAME
HURRICANES at SABRES

• This is the second of three meetings between the Sabres and Hurricanes this season.
  • Last meeting: Carolina defeated Buffalo 3-1 in Buffalo on Nov. 18
  • Next meeting: Saturday, Dec. 23 in Carolina
  • The Sabres are 5-4-1 in their last 10 games vs. the Hurricanes; 5-5-0 at home.
  • This is the 200th game all-time between Buffalo and Carolina/Hartford; Buffalo has a 102-72-25 series record.
  • The Sabres are 58-33-8 at home against the Hurricanes/Whalers all-time.

13 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Game Preview: 12/15/17 vs. CAR

LAST GAME
Thursday, December 14
Buffalo 1 at Philadelphia 2
Goals: O’Reilly
Goalie: Lehner (25 saves/27 shots)
PP: 0/1; PK: 2/2; Shots: Philadelphia 27 – Buffalo 20

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 143)
Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed

Taylor Fedun (lower body, Nov. 17; injured reserve) – 15 games
Jacob Josefson (ankle, Nov. 28; injured reserve) – 8 games
Nathan Beaulieu (illness, Dec. 5) – 5 games

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
N/A

UPCOMING GAMES
Tuesday, Dec. 19: Boston at Buffalo, 7:30 p.m.
Friday, Dec. 22: Philadelphia at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Saturday, Dec. 23: Buffalo at Carolina, 7 p.m.
Wednesday, Dec. 27: Buffalo at NY Islanders, 7 p.m.
Friday, Dec. 29: Buffalo at New Jersey, 7 p.m.

TONIGHT’S GAME
HURRICANES at SABRES

• This is the second of three meetings between the Sabres and Hurricanes this season.
  • Last meeting: Carolina defeated Buffalo 3-1 in Buffalo on Nov. 18
  • Next meeting: Saturday, Dec. 23 in Carolina
  • The Sabres are 5-4-1 in their last 10 games vs. the Hurricanes; 5-5-0 at home.
  • This is the 200th game all-time between Buffalo and Carolina/Hartford; Buffalo has a 102-72-25 series record.
  • The Sabres are 58-33-8 at home against the Hurricanes/Whalers all-time.

Hopefully they will pop in some goals tonight. 

Took a look at the standing after they got points in last few games and my god are they way way out of the race. 

12-15: JASON BOTTERILL ON WGR (16:35)
#Sabres GM Jason Botterill on the air now with Bulldog at @716FoodandSport!

Botterill on Winter Classic- It's a positive in the season, you get to be on center-stage, so let's have a good effort. It's a treat to be part of it. It's something to reminisce about.

Botterill on The Road to the Winter Classic- The shows have been outstanding over the years being able to give the fans a little glimpse behind the scenes, and the emotion, the excitement, but also the disappointment in certain situations.

Botterill- We're going to continue to look at different things on how to adjust our team, no one needs to reiterate, we're not where we need to be. we're very happy with some of the things that are going on in Rochester, we want to give those kids opportunities in the 2nd half.

Botterill- We're not really talking about selling things right now, we have some players and certainly others teams want stuff too, trying to make a hockey trade from that standpoint. We're trying to help our team right now, but we have to look at the future too.

Botterill- I've had a lot of conversations with his agent, he has a lot of clients on our team. I'm well aware of Evander's status and his desires. we've talked about our situation a lot, both sides respect each other's opinions here, but right now we're not focused on extensions

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

12-15: JASON BOTTERILL ON WGR (16:35)
#Sabres GM Jason Botterill on the air now with Bulldog at @716FoodandSport!

Botterill on Winter Classic- It's a positive in the season, you get to be on center-stage, so let's have a good effort. It's a treat to be part of it. It's something to reminisce about.

Botterill on The Road to the Winter Classic- The shows have been outstanding over the years being able to give the fans a little glimpse behind the scenes, and the emotion, the excitement, but also the disappointment in certain situations.

Botterill- We're going to continue to look at different things on how to adjust our team, no one needs to reiterate, we're not where we need to be. we're very happy with some of the things that are going on in Rochester, we want to give those kids opportunities in the 2nd half.

Botterill- We're not really talking about selling things right now, we have some players and certainly others teams want stuff too, trying to make a hockey trade from that standpoint. We're trying to help our team right now, but we have to look at the future too.

Botterill- I've had a lot of conversations with his agent, he has a lot of clients on our team. I'm well aware of Evander's status and his desires. we've talked about our situation a lot, both sides respect each other's opinions here, but right now we're not focused on extensions

Imdidnt get the chance to listen to his interview yet, but from reading that bolder paragraph it sure sounds to me like Kane will be traded. 

Trade deadline is barely 2 months away. I guess that still leaves time to hammer out an extension. But if Botterill has no desire to talk extension with Kane right now, I'm not sure what would change in the next 2 months. It's not like Kane is playing crappy or anything. 

Edit - I just seen this part of Botterill's quote on Kane -

"For the most part, an expiring contract like that, you're bringing in a future asset. The team acquiring him is going for a Stanley Cup run."

Definitrly sounds like Kane's a goner. Just hope we get something good for him. A late 1st isn't very likely to ever turn into the impact type of player Kane is. Sure hope we get more than that... 

If we don't get good assets in return, you can officially call it another terrible waste of assets by Tim Murray (although maybe if he was still here, Kane would be extended (assuming Kim Pegula would allow it...)). 

Edited by BillsFan4

1 minute ago, BillsFan4 said:

Imdidnt get the chance to listen to his interview yet, but from reading that bolder paragraph it sure sounds to me like Kane will be traded. 

Trade deadline is barely 2 months away. I guess that still leaves time to hammer out an extension. But if Botterill has no desire to talk extension with Kane right now, I'm not sure what would change in the next 2 months. It's not like Kane is playing crappy or anything. 

I infer the same.

30 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Just saw the Avs Eric Johnson with a very dirty hit on a Lightning player.

He should be suspended for a long time.

Don’t hold your breath. Gudas the Goon only got 10 games for his attempted decapitation of an opposing player earlier this year.