I turned on my AC for the first time in 3 years

boyst

It's not even over 80 outside. Just been overworked and finally slowing down and want to recover. Hell, I don't have an AC in my office (I don't use it) and it's basically a hotbox on the production floor that reaches 81F regularly.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan is this amazing.

evidently i don't know over 90, because it was over 90 and high humidity today.

After I. The tractor?

that ac in there is damn nice. my feet get numb and it is designed to bring the cab below 60F. amazing because its a big glass [blue]green house.

Worked all afternoon, it was stupid hot.

Keep that AC blasting all week

i'll keep it on until ???

i'm never home or inside. i'll be in here a while.

I turn on the AC almost every day -- by opening my windows.

i can help you wiht a photo of your place vs my place.

hint. see ppp where i helped jimbo.

Just bought a new unit. Itll run constantly from May-September.

It cost 10K and will probably only last about 10yrs around here. Last one made it 13yrs, so we'll see.

my sister in ohio just replaced the one we had in that house growing up since 1988. this house had it last from 98-2016

We just replaced our AC (and furnace) for the first floor a few weeks ago. It was about $8,000, but we use the hell out of it! It was limping, and the wife couldn't handle the thought that it might kick the bucket. I will open up the house every single day I can, but if it's mid 80's and up or 95% humidity? That's what money is for.....to make life better.

Just bought a new unit. Itll run constantly from May-September.

It cost 10K and will probably only last about 10yrs around here. Last one made it 13yrs, so we'll see.

It's a sealed system... Mine is going on 22 years old. Just change contactors, etc.... Keep fins clean, oil fan motor e every couple years, etc... I even added access to A-coil to keep clean.

What doesn't last for you? Scroll compressors are work horses.

It was 95 today & we cool to 74 or so. The thing is always running from June to August.

Now I will jinx it! ;-)

It's a sealed system... Mine is going on 22 years old. Just change contactors, etc.... Keep fins clean, oil fan motor e every couple years, etc... I even added access to A-coil to keep clean.

What doesn't last for you? Scroll compressors are work horses.

It was 95 today & we cool to 74 or so. The thing is always running from June to August.

Now I will jinx it! ;-)

First thing to go is the fan, those last about 5-8yrs, but easy to replace with an aftermarket fan. After that, the blower, then the coils. Keep in mind that mine has no attic transfer, and everything is outside (blower, coils, etc). Its a 6 ton split unit, so gas heat, electric AC.

The main issues: salt, sand, humidity, heat.

I technically need a second unit (based on sq footage), but Id rather replace than repair, and Im not replacing 2 units.