James Comey's Testimony Before Congress

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you posted more, I'd have you on ignore like Gator. Thanks for not posting a lot.

And thanks for this gem.

Fell free to use the ignore, but you still haven't explained how Trump stopping a non existent investigation of himself is an issue.

Fell free to use the ignore, but you still haven't explained how Trump stopping a non existent investigation of himself is an issue.

It wasn't an investigation of himself, though that would have been worse. It was an investigation of Flynn's ties to Russia, a country that Trump believes hacked into the election that got him elected president. And Trump asked Comey to stop the investigation. Then fired him when he didn't.

But no, why would that concern you? You want even more executive overreach than even Obama undertook. Let's keep the presidential overreach circle jerk going.

I don't think presidents asking FBI directors to stop ongoing investigations is a good thing. But that's me. You don't like an independent FBI. That's just like, your opinion, man.

Edited by Benjamin Franklin

It wasn't an investigation of himself, though that would have been worse. It was an investigation of Flynn's ties to Russia, a country that Trump believes hacked into the election that got him elected president. And Trump asked Comey to stop the investigation. Then fired him when he didn't.

But no, why would that concern you? You want even more executive overreach than even Obama undertook. Let's keep the presidential overreach circle jerk going.

I don't think presidents asking FBI directors to stop ongoing investigations is a good thing. But that's me. You don't like an independent FBI. That's just like, your opinion, man.

The election of a non-liberal president spawned an army of literalist skeptics on this site. From 2009-2017, if anyone so much as farted within 500 miles of the President, the same literalist clowns crapped their own pants in a rush to connect the President to a scheme employing mustard gas to silence any/all dissent. By the powers of copy/paste, they had the lunatic right wing propaganda to prove it, too!

Comey--after getting backhanded by both parties over the private server fiasco--is taking the literal route. The born-again the literalists among us conveniently ignore the rest of this exchange:

COMEY: Wasn't unanimous. One of the members of the leadership team had a view you that although it was technically true we did not have a counter-intelligence file case open on then President-elect Trump. His concern was because we're looking at the potential, again, that's the subject of the investigation, coordination between the campaign and Russia, because it was President Trump, President-elect Trump's campaign, this person's view was

inevitably his behavior, his conduct will fall within the scope of that work. And so he was reluctant to make the statement. I disagreed. I thought it was fair to say what was literally true. There was not a counterintelligence investigation of Mr. Trump, and I decided in the moment to say it, given the nature of our conversation.

WARNER: At that moment in time, did you ever revisit that as in the subsequent sessions?

COMEY: With the FBI leadership team? Sure. And the leader had that view that didn't change. His view was still that it was probably although literally true, his concern was it could be misleading, because the nature of the investigation was such that it might well touch, obviously it would touch, the campaign, and the person that headed the campaign would be the candidate, and so that was his view throughout.

Can you imagine people here saying that just because Hillary's campaign was up to no good, doesn't mean she was? Jesus. Give me a break. Some of you are such shameless hypocrites.

Edited by The Big Cat

Not even going to admit Trump acted badly.

This isn't Bill Clinton meeting with the Attorney General and getting an investigation dropped against Hillary the next day.

Funny you should bring that up!!

"There were other things, significant items," he added, citing how "the Attorney General directed me not to call it an investigation and call it a matter—which confused me.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/06/08/comey-says-lynch-tarmac-meeting-directive-to-downplay-probe-prompted-him-to-go-rogue-on-clinton-case.html

it's usually not the "offense" but the cover up that screws you.

It doesn't matter who, what, when or where. When you lie it will catch up to you.

DT can't keep his story straight. He's contradicted himself numerous times.

Comey says he was fired because of Russia investigation. I'd tend to believe him.

I'd rather DT get a BJ than sell out American secrets.

It doesn't matter who, what, when or where. When you lie it will catch up to you.

DT can't keep his story straight. He's contradicted himself numerous times.

Comey says he was fired because of Russia investigation. I'd tend to believe him.

I'd rather DT get a BJ than sell out American secrets.

What secrets has DT sold?

What secrets has DT sold?

secrets / classified info ...

President Donald Trump reportedly shared classified information with the Russian officials during a meeting at the White House. IIRC that was the thing about the laptops that go boom.

The information was originally provided by a US partner who had not given permission to share the material with Russia

There's also his tweets - We've got ships sailing to North Korea.

That was a smart as Geraldo saying the US Army was going to drive straight into Baghdad on live News, who then was immediate expelled from Iraq for broadcasting details about future U.S. troop movements in the country.

You want info from fellow Republicans

read or follow them here

https://twitter.com/RoguePOTUSStaff

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

I know that's how Nixon went down, but the break in was planned and executed by WH connected people. I really think the Russia thing will be what will have to bring Trump down. No way this will be enough to get the GOP to go along with an impeachment, but working in the interest of Putin is THE story. This stuff, important as it is, is a side show.

No, the offense is way worse. They just made that up about the cover-up because they couldn't prove the offense happened. (and there is little doubt something happened.)

Mass murder is way worse than a cover-up. use your brains...

Comey is one heck of a wing-ding, he couldn't cross a 20 foot street before he traveled 218 feet to get there.

Did this turn into a TSW thread?

The cover-up is rarely worse than the actual crime.

Dire need of another Oliver North to sit there in seriousness and state what he did in all candor.

secrets / classified info ...

President Donald Trump reportedly shared classified information with the Russian officials during a meeting at the White House. IIRC that was the thing about the laptops that go boom.

The information was originally provided by a US partner who had not given permission to share the material with Russia

There's also his tweets - We've got ships sailing to North Korea.

That was a smart as Geraldo saying the US Army was going to drive straight into Baghdad on live News, who then was immediate expelled from Iraq for broadcasting details about future U.S. troop movements in the country.

You want info from fellow Republicans

read or follow them here

https://twitter.com/RoguePOTUSStaff

Another desperate democrat.

It'd be sad, if it wasn't so...sad.