Jeremy Maclin (Agrees to 2 year deal with Ravens)

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have Tom Brady. We brought back Tyrod Taylor after he averaged 201 yards passing yards a game and the new coach hired a QB coach with no experience coaching QB's in the NFL. Passing game never a priority for this team. Rex now Sean.

Sorry, but you don't know that. Let's see what happens in September, not June. Right now, we're undefeated. Let's keep it that way.....

Sorry, but you don't know that. Let's see what happens in September, not June. Right now, we're undefeated. Let's keep it that way.....

...been the same for SEVENTEEN YEARS running at THIS time.....get your popcorn ready............

the whole point is that jeff wants him to average 300 yards per game. At Tyrod's average clip of 28 attempts per game he would need to achieve a YPA of 10.66 over the course of an entire season to meet that mark. Good for 2nd best ever.

Just for some perspective, regarding averaging 300 yards a game, it ain't easy!

In the last 4 seasons, QBs have averaged more than 300 yds/game for an entire season only 9 times (and 4 of those are Drew Brees)---so basically Drew Brees and one other QB each year average 300 yards a game for the season. (Rothlisberger is the only other QB to do it more than once in the last 4 seasons---he did it twice.)

Now, 18 QBs last season averaged at least 250 yards a game for the season...but each of those QBs had somewhere between 73 and 237 more pass attempts than Tyrod. So, it is kind of hard to judge by yards/game when there is so much disparity in the number of attempts.

So, let's take a look at avg. yds/pass. In 2016, Tyrod did not have a good average with 6.9 yds per pass play, putting him in the bottom half of the league. But in 2015, when he had better/healthier weapons, he averaged 8.0 yds per pass play, good for 5th in the league (for QBs who threw more than 35 passes).

And if we were to extrapolate those number out to say a Drew Brees number of attempts, Tyrod would have averaged about 290 yds/game last year and a whopping 330 yds/game in 2015. So, again you can't look at yards per game without looking at number of attempts. And although I do expect us to still be a run first team, I guarantee with healthier weapons and Dennison's system, Tyrod will be throwing the rock more this season than last. We will be more balanced.

And what, with all of these Western New Yorkers, no sauce recipes yet? Or a debate between the terms sauce and gravy?

Edited by folz

What's a litre cola?

I believe its French for gimme some freaking Cola before I break both your lips Edited by JM57

How is it a terrible arguement? Could you elaborate please?

His argument was Bills should not improve passing game because New Orleans had a good passing game but a bad team.

If you can't understand how weak that is I can't help you.

Edited by jeffismagic