Tiger Woods: the downward spiral continues

No I think your driving sucks. :lol: Driving at odd hours is not a reason to be pulled over as often as you have. I drove late nights too working in restaurants. I've been driving for 40 years and have been pulled over maybe 5 times all for speeding. Once a year?? :o

Actually that's probably a good thread topic. How many times have you been pulled over?

It is when you are in the ghetto. How many years ago did you work in the restaurant business? I know African-American friends that get way more hassled than me. Once a year is usually just an eff up identifying me, like if I have a beard or not, or driving a crappy car.

No crappy driving needed now, just gotta look suspicious... Weird hours. Wrong neighborhood... Everybody is on edge.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is when you are in the ghetto. How many years ago did you work in the restaurant business? I know African-American friends that get way more hassled than me. Once a year is usually just an eff up identifying me, like if I have a beard or not, or driving a crappy car.

No crappy driving needed now, just gotta look suspicious... Weird hours. Wrong neighborhood... Everybody is on edge.

Kinda have a point, my brother and I have been pulled over JOGGiNg multiple times while we were renting a place in North Andover Mass. Some ritzy little town. We are both white but big bald dudes he is former military we would jog in marine t-shirts and still got pulled over. 5am before work for me or sometimes we would both jog at 10 or so at night when he got off his shift. The cops were usually pretty funny, one guy was a total (*^*&%^$^#and acted like he was actually looking for someone else or something it was odd.

Getting caught for speeding is also driving like crap. Once every 8 years for you or once every 10 for me is about the same.

Having a crappy car, with a broken windshield is another story, but not against the law in Illinois. Being stopped for id, or reading plates same. Being asked "what you are doing here" also. "I am going to work."

Sorry, this ain't 20 years ago, even 10 years ago. Yeah, call me suspicious because the hours I keep, but crappy driver is not one of them. I got over 1/2 million miles no insurance claims or accidents.

You are barking up the wrong tree. Get out more in these over-policing times.

About once a year... I am up @ all hours of the night and when they see I am white and all my schit is together... They let me go.

I am in areas where I am the minority. Easy to become "collateral damage."

Did I tell you about the time, they profiled me? LoL You should have seen the look on his face. My wife was pregnant, she was home thank God... I am not THAT stupid. I made a run into da hood for fast food. I think it was Wendy's that would stay open late during that era. LMAO... I had a piece of schit Hyundai @ the time. I fit the profile perfectly.

They need to recalibrate the instrument that they use to determine if your schit is together.

I go to a park in Atlanta several times a week to play tennis. They have 6 courts and I can be there for hours while literally dozens of people come and go, and I can be the only white guy all day. One day a (black) friend I hit with often says "look, they painted the police cars differently". It was all black, and they usually have white doors (I think). But the Sheriff's have different colors, and Fulton county has different colors, so my county having 2 different color combos didn't phase me.

He thought it was hysterical that I don't pay attention! I showed up a few days later and he said "I was just telling the story about how you don't pay attention to cop cars!" This guy is a college educated professional and doesn't even drink. Yet he and the entire crowd got a kick out of thinking being innocent was enough.

There's something wrong here, but it's too big for me....

Edited by Augie

Getting caught for speeding is also driving like crap. Once every 8 years for you or once every 10 for me is about the same.

Having a crappy car, with a broken windshield is another story, but not against the law in Illinois. Being stopped for id, or reading plates same. Being asked "what you are doing here" also. "I am going to work."

Sorry, this ain't 20 years ago, even 10 years ago. Yeah, call me suspicious because the hours I keep, but crappy driver is not one of them. I got over 1/2 million miles no insurance claims or accidents.

https://www.yourmechanic.com/article/windshield-laws-in-illinois-by-valerie-mellema

Cracks and chips

Illinois does not list specifics as to the permissible size of cracks or chips in the windshield, but does provide the following:

• Motorists are not permitted to drive a vehicle if the windshield is in a defective condition that impairs the driver’s ability to see clearly.

• It is important to understand that it is up to the officer issuing the traffic citation as to whether any chips or cracks impair the driver’s vision.

• Windshield damage that is within federal limits may not be permissible based on the state-level laws in Illinois.

<p>

https://www.yourmechanic.com/article/windshield-laws-in-illinois-by-valerie-mellema

Cracks and chips

Illinois does not list specifics as to the permissible size of cracks or chips in the windshield, but does provide the following:

• Motorists are not permitted to drive a vehicle if the windshield is in a defective condition that impairs the drivers ability to see clearly.

• It is important to understand that it is up to the officer issuing the traffic citation as to whether any chips or cracks impair the drivers vision.

• Windshield damage that is within federal limits may not be permissible based on the state-level laws in Illinois.

That's what I read to him. Damage was right up the right pillar (as noted)... Not in anyway impairing. Stevie Wonder wouldn't have been impaired. My village sticker that they make us put on lower right was inpairing vision more than that crack.

What about things dangling from mirror. Illinois Supreme Court was clear on that. Obstruction from something off a mirror can't be a cause to be pulled over. I can dig up the decision if you want to.

Did I mention I could flop the windshield down. It's a Jeep. There, even if he thinks it is impairing, not now.

That's what I read to him. Damage was right up the right pillar (as noted)... Not in anyway impairing. Stevie Wonder wouldn't have been impaired. My village sticker that they make us put on lower right was inpairing vision more than that crack.

What about things dangling from mirror. Illinois Supreme Court was clear on that. Obstruction from something off a mirror can't be a cause to be pulled over. I can dig up the decision if you want to.

Did I mention I could flop the windshield down. It's a Jeep. There, even if he thinks it is impairing, not now.

Please read again what I had in bold.

Please read again what I had in bold.

I know... I read that to him too. Having you been following every time I tell the story? He said obtsrtucting my view has nothing to do with it. "It doesn't matter if it obstructs view " was his exact words. Yep! For real. It was broken and he was going to make $$$ for his department. When I did final appeal to Chief, I enclosed pictures of my view. You can't even see the crack.

The crack ran straight up the pillar, parallel to molding, about 1/4" off... My village registration sticker was blocking my view of the crack!

Stopped in the right lane, foot on the brake, turn signal blinking. Tiger asleep with seat belt on. PC affidavit doesn't mention it being in park or not.

windows, were they tinted?

did he have that hippity hop music on?

what about big rims?

any ridiculous bumper stickers?

my gosh, some people are sensitive about being pulled over. i get pulled over twice a year for literally nothing [ok, swerving a little because i was texting and someoen likely called the dui number, or i was rolled a stop or didn't use a blinker or such...]

No I think your driving sucks. :lol: Driving at odd hours is not a reason to be pulled over as often as you have. I drove late nights too working in restaurants. I've been driving for 40 years and have been pulled over maybe 5 times all for speeding. Once a year?? :o

Actually that's probably a good thread topic. How many times have you been pulled over?

reverse order:

5 months ago, swerved outside my lane whilst turning because i was being lazy and didn't see the trooper at the light. no ticket, nothing

8 months ago, driving stupidly and was tired and evidently did some weaving as i was likely tired and it was 2am and he was just cruising the highway

15ish months ago on a holloween ish night and pulled for swerving like crazy as i was trying to head back from scarowinds and stop by a chicks house so i was texting and someone likely called dui # because the cop was parked on an onramp and came right at me as i drove

2.5 years ago, i was flying down the highway and noticed a trooper ahead slowed way down. probably doing 85-90. he ended up being in the parking lot i was at when i got to the store and waited for me to come back out. "ya know, son, the next time i see you driving like that i am going to arrest you."

3 years ago had a tailight or something out.

4-5 years ago speeding, no ticket

2004, 87 in a 60mph but he only wrote me for 71, got ticket

1998 pulled over for pulling out in front of traffic on busy street. gave me the ticket "you just got your license, i am giving you this because you need to know that you need to be more careful when you drive." he literally was pissed because the cars were all tailgating and he had to slam his brakes when i had plenty of room to pull out.

windows, were they tinted?

did he have that hippity hop music on?

what about big rims?

any ridiculous bumper stickers?

my gosh, some people are sensitive about being pulled over. i get pulled over twice a year for literally nothing [ok, swerving a little because i was texting and someoen likely called the dui number, or i was rolled a stop or didn't use a blinker or such...]

reverse order:

5 months ago, swerved outside my lane whilst turning because i was being lazy and didn't see the trooper at the light. no ticket, nothing

8 months ago, driving stupidly and was tired and evidently did some weaving as i was likely tired and it was 2am and he was just cruising the highway

15ish months ago on a holloween ish night and pulled for swerving like crazy as i was trying to head back from scarowinds and stop by a chicks house so i was texting and someone likely called dui # because the cop was parked on an onramp and came right at me as i drove

2.5 years ago, i was flying down the highway and noticed a trooper ahead slowed way down. probably doing 85-90. he ended up being in the parking lot i was at when i got to the store and waited for me to come back out. "ya know, son, the next time i see you driving like that i am going to arrest you."

3 years ago had a tailight or something out.

4-5 years ago speeding, no ticket

2004, 87 in a 60mph but he only wrote me for 71, got ticket

1998 pulled over for pulling out in front of traffic on busy street. gave me the ticket "you just got your license, i am giving you this because you need to know that you need to be more careful when you drive." he literally was pissed because the cars were all tailgating and he had to slam his brakes when i had plenty of room to pull out.

LoL... Holy Moly... I am like Mutha Teresa of driving. You Sir are like Sammy Hagar.

I know... I read that to him too. Having you been following every time I tell the story? He said obtsrtucting my view has nothing to do with it. "It doesn't matter if it obstructs view " was his exact words. Yep! For real. It was broken and he was going to make $$$ for his department. When I did final appeal to Chief, I enclosed pictures of my view. You can't even see the crack.

The crack ran straight up the pillar, parallel to molding, about 1/4" off... My village registration sticker was blocking my view of the crack!

No you didn't READ it. It's up to the officer if the chip restricts your view. The argument is not between you and the officer. He's made his call. Bring your beef to the judge. Quit being a dick.

That happened to me once in high school. Damn cops assumed we were in the black neighborhood looking to buy pot.

In a related matter, we didn't end up smoking pot that night.

But seriously, if you're still getting pulled over for 'what are you doing here' over the age of 25, there's a problem and it's probably not the cops. Or else you're driving this:

maxresdefault.jpg

No you didn't READ it. It's up to the officer if the chip restricts your view. The argument is not between you and the officer. He's made his call. Bring your beef to the judge. Quit being a dick.

A poor call. He didn't even know that it had to restrict view. He made his call simply because it was broken. That's not even the law! I could see your point if he told me it was obstructing... Even Stevie Wonder couldn't pull that off with a straight face, but I would live with it and move to next phase. Then I take ticket and go to court. Are You following?

I said: "Look officer, it isn't obstructing my view."

He said: "It doesn't matter if it obstructs view."

I read him the law, what you posted, he didn't want to hear it.

Which I did go to court, lost... They rubber stamped the ignorant of the law officer. I then appealed to Chief. Chief threw it out.

Holy moly... At least the officer should know the law and pretend to rule on that. He simply was lazy and dishonest. All he had on his mind was ticket and if I paid early, I could save $50. WTF kind of fine police work is that? Probably trying to meet a quota. Just making BS up as he went.

Come on... Don't you expect your cops to be on the level with the law?

Just a way to bleed people of money and rake it in for their departments. Even Jesus Christ probably has something wrong with his car as he heads to the supermarket. Really? I understand I may have showed him up and made him look ignorant of the law that HE SHOULD know like the back of his hand. But, don't lie to me and say obstruction is no part of the law!

You're equally as ignorant.

That happened to me once in high school. Damn cops assumed we were in the black neighborhood looking to buy pot.

In a related matter, we didn't end up smoking pot that night.

But seriously, if you're still getting pulled over for 'what are you doing here' over the age of 25, there's a problem and it's probably not the cops. Or else you're driving this:

maxresdefault.jpg

Sorry I get out and about while on a non-standard schedule and have to drive through some rough areas. It's also a little more "diverse"'than your gated community.

The real, real poor world... ;-P

... Probably trying to meet a quota. Just making BS up as he went.

I was wondering what was taking you so long in bringing up the Q word. Ever think that maybe the so called quota doesn't exist? Ever think that making yourself out to be a pompous ass might lead to you getting a citation that you might not otherwise have received? Just a thought.

Right, wrong, or indifferent...cops are not robots (yet). Egos and emotions can get entangled, and when a urinating contest happens on the side of the road, everyone looks like a fool. Someone needs to swallow their pride.

I was wondering what was taking you so long in bringing up the Q word. Ever think that maybe the so called quota doesn't exist? Ever think that making yourself out to be a pompous ass might lead to you getting a citation that you might not otherwise have received? Just a thought.

Right, wrong, or indifferent...cops are not robots (yet). Egos and emotions can get entangled, and when a urinating contest happens on the side of the road, everyone looks like a fool. Someone needs to swallow their pride.

A better answer probably would have been "Oh yea, it just happened tonight, I'm going to call my insurance company and get it taken care of when they open in the morning" instead of "I know the law, here it is!!!!!"

I once got pulled over for a headlight being out, and truth is, it did happen just that same night. Cop couldn't give me a ticket for it though. Why? Because right before he pulled me over I had stopped at an auto parts store and bought a replacement headlight, it was one of those all in one units, not just a bulb, and I was heading home to replace it. I'm sure a judge would toss out a ticket if I showed him my receipt for a headlight time stamped 10 minutes before the ticket.

A better answer probably would have been "Oh yea, it just happened tonight, I'm going to call my insurance company and get it taken care of when they open in the morning" instead of "I know the law, here it is!!!!!"I once got pulled over for a headlight being out, and truth is, it did happen just that same night. Cop couldn't give me a ticket for it though. Why? Because right before he pulled me over I had stopped at an auto parts store and bought a replacement headlight, it was one of those all in one units, not just a bulb, and I was heading home to replace it. I'm sure a judge would toss out a ticket if I showed him my receipt for a headlight time stamped 10 minutes before the ticket.

I do LOVE that!

A better answer probably would have been "Oh yea, it just happened tonight, I'm going to call my insurance company and get it taken care of when they open in the morning" instead of "I know the law, here it is!!!!!"

I once got pulled over for a headlight being out, and truth is, it did happen just that same night. Cop couldn't give me a ticket for it though. Why? Because right before he pulled me over I had stopped at an auto parts store and bought a replacement headlight, it was one of those all in one units, not just a bulb, and I was heading home to replace it. I'm sure a judge would toss out a ticket if I showed him my receipt for a headlight time stamped 10 minutes before the ticket.

Allstate in Illinois, no full glass. Replacement is on your dime. I was waiting till it got bad. It's 11 years old and already on 4th windshield.

You think I would drive around with it cracked and not know if I am in compliance.

No reason to extort a C-note out of people.

Headlight is a bigger safety issue. Under 20 bucks, not $200.

Sorry Jack. I will get thread back on track.

Since when is an informed public pompous asses. Wouldn't you want an informed public to know the law? Help you out?

An informed public also knows their rights under the 5th if they have alcohol in their system.