Rumor- Bills will entertain trade offers for Watkins?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good article, Sammy is definitely on the verge, and in my mind, is already a bust.

Spiller 2.0 but with more injuries.

James Hardy has some fun TD vids too.

Far be it from me to read through 39 pages ... but are there really people calling him a bust?

Or are they just saying he wasn't worth what we gave up for him?

See above

Ok...here's a challenge to the folks that want to call Sammy a bust:

Go ahead and show me, with numbers and context, why he's a bust.

I dare you to put together a reasonable argument that's backed up by facts.

The only one failing miserably is Watkins. His teammates cannot count on him. That's the bottom line...

I take it that you aren't going to substantiate your opinion with facts then?

It's one of a few reasons why I come here less and less. This place is just pure nonsense.

I'm getting to that point too. I try to stick to 1 or 2 threads at a time but am thinking about giving it up altogether. I used to enjoy the intelligent debates but the intelligence is leaving.

The only one failing miserably is Watkins. His teammates cannot count on him. That's the bottom line...

Nice declarative statements, but beyond the assertions I have seen no evidence from any real statistical perspective to support any such conclusion.

I'm getting to that point too. I try to stick to 1 or 2 threads at a time but am thinking about giving it up altogether. I used to enjoy the intelligent debates but the intelligence is leaving.

I actually dig the Bills subreddit... a lot slower, but gets the news out there, and has some fun shitposts, but very few of the hot takes.

Seems like several already have too. It's been slow around here lately. I'm sticking it out (at a reduced amount) until camp starts up to see if things turn around.

It does seem to be getting to the point where some folks just want to say the most ridiculous thing they can simply to get a response.

It does seem to be getting to the point where some folks just want to say the most ridiculous thing they can simply to get a response.

I realize that we are living in the "hot take" era but it's just a waste of time at this point. I really wonder if these people believe the ridiculousness that is being spewed all over this board? Either way it's exhausting and not like it used to be. Edited by Kirby Jackson

OBJ might be looking for a contract that pays him 17-18 mil per year. I like Sammy but if that is the type of $ it would require for a long term deal, then not interested (assuming he stays healthy and plays to his potential). I would rather pay 2 really solid wrs 8-9 per year than 1 wr a huge deal. If $ were not a consideration then you keep Sammy no questions asked. But there is a cap and Beane will consider $ when determining whether to keep Sammy.

vs contributing and making the conversation sound a little more intelligent?

People from different walks of life frequent the boards and some more educated then others.

Everyone likes to chime in and talk football regardless and in my humble opinion they all have something to contribute.

vs contributing and making the conversation sound a little more intelligent?

People from different walks of life frequent the boards and some more educated then others.

Everyone likes to chime in and talk football regardless and in my humble opinion they all have something to contribute.

Referring to the hot takes...they don't contribute anything outside of derailing good conversation. It used to be a few people and it was lovable, like a crazy uncle. Now people just say stuff to get a response.

Maybe it's just me but it was much more interesting when people shared their opinions and gave the reasons that they felt that way. Even if they looked at something differently it made for good conversation. I guess in the world of "followers" and "likes" it's more important to elicit a response than to bring something to the table. This place was just a lot better before everyone tried to be Lavar Ball.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Referring to the hot takes...they don't contribute anything outside of derailing good conversation. It used to be a few people and it was lovable, like a crazy uncle. Now people just say stuff to get a response.

Maybe it's just me but it was much more interesting when people shared their opinions and gave the reasons that they felt that way. Even if they looked at something differently it made for good conversation. I guess in the world of "followers" and "likes" it's more important to elicit a response than to bring something to the table. This place was just a lot better before everyone tried to be Lavar Ball.

'Most people do not listen with the intent of understanding; they listen with the intent of replying.'

I understand,

Less participation from TBD's more football knowledgeable patrons is not the answer though IMO.