Bills Trivia

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Name the Bills defensive lineman who was a starter in his rookie year and, until a series of knee injuries ended his career after the 1967 season, used his strength to dominate the line of scrimmage. He was a three-time selection to the All-American Football League teams and a unanimous All-AFL defensive tackle in three consecutive years; 1963, 1964 and 1965. He served as the cornerstone of a defense that took the Bills to the playoffs four straight years (1963–1966) and consecutive AFL championships in 1964 and 1965. Over the 1964 and 1965 seasons,he and his defense mates held opposing rushers without a touchdown for seventeen consecutive games, a Professional League record that still stands.His teammates described his play as "crazy as hell"

What future Bills RB was on the receiving end of the hit heard around the world?

What running back did Cookie Gilchrist change jerseys in a game so that the other RB could get some playing time?

OJ and the guy that drove the Bronco....after OJ decapitated two people

Oh crap that could be right too. Not who I was thinking either. Maybe I should just withdraw the question. LOL

EDIT: Cowlings was drafted a year later than OJ.

Edited by Tuco

What future Bills RB was on the receiving end of the hit heard around the world?

Answered on page 1 or 2

Oh crap that could be right too. Not who I was thinking either. Maybe I should just withdraw the question. LOL

Who do you have in mind?

...Lincoln?.............

That was #70 Tom Sestak, part of the best front four in Bills history with Tom Day, Jim Dunaway and Ron McDole

,,,,yes sir...excellent recall.......... :thumbsup:

name the four sport collegiate letterman who signed as a DB free agent with the Bills in 1962 and stepped into a starting role at left cornerback. He made a career-high six interceptions (including two in his first game, against Hall of Famer George Blanda, and was named to the AFL All-Rookie team....he appeared in playoffs four consecutive years, and in three straight AFL Championship games. He was selected as an AFL All Star in 1964 and 1965 and elected to the 2010 Bills' Wall of Fame................

name the four sport collegiate letterman who signed as a DB free agent with the Bills in 1962 and stepped into a starting role at left cornerback. He made a career-high six interceptions (including two in his first game, against Hall of Famer George Blanda, and was named to the AFL All-Rookie team....he appeared in playoffs four consecutive years, and in three straight AFL Championship games. He was selected as an AFL All Star in 1964 and 1965 and elected to the 2010 Bills' Wall of Fame................

That would be George "Butch" Byrd from Watervliet NY, outside Albany. Also a great punt returner

Booker Edgerson?

There were 8 teams in the original AFL in 1960. Name the following four starters at QB and what team they played for

1. Became a US Congressman

2. Made the NFL hall of fame

3. Was the father of an NBA player

4. Coached a Super Bowl champion

Edited by Yoho

...name the Bills 1987 11th round, #287 selection who anchored the OL and despite his nickname, did not have 4 bedrooms and 2 baths...............

....we have a winner!..... :thumbsup:

Howard the house Ballard

There were 8 teams in the original AFL in 1960. Name the following four starters at QB and what team they played for

1. Became a US Congressman

2. Made the NFL hall of fame

3. Was the father of an NBA player

4. Coached a Super Bowl champion

Jack Kemp, SD, George Blanda, Houston, Tom Flores, Oakland, not sure of 3

Jack Kemp, SD, George Blanda, Houston, Tom Flores, Oakland, not sure of 3

Well done, 3 was very tough. Frank Tripuka was Denver's QB. Son Kelly played with the Pistons I believe

....name the former ECU WR who played for Buffalo from 1961 to 1966 , winning AFC titles in 1964 & 1985. He caught 50 passes as a Bills rookie and played in five playoffs between the Bills and Houston Oilers....

That would be Glenn Bass.

Name 5 Bills players who wore the #20.

The answer continues to be Keith Lincoln, also Joe Cribbs

Travis Henry, Corey Graham, Donte Whitner

Maybe George Saimes as well???

Or am I thinking of Robert James?

Saimes was 26. I think you have it with James however

Edited by Yoho

Carwell Gardner

There it is...

My other Bills-Cowboys one was a bit easier but also obscure:

Who was the little-known defensive back that intercepted Troy Aikman 3 times in a Todd Collins-lead Bills' upset over Dallas in the late 90's?

There it is...

My other Bills-Cowboys one was a bit easier but also obscure:

Who was the little-known defensive back that intercepted Troy Aikman 3 times in a Todd Collins-lead Bills' upset over Dallas in the late 90's?

Is that the same game Carwell tackled the guy with his legs after an int?