Game of Thrones: Season 7

/dev/null

Sansa to Brienne

It's a long way to Kings Landing. If you want to make it on time, you should hurry.

They should tell us the imp's magic powers to be standing on a beach one minute, then in a castle elsewhere the next and then standing there watching the dragons attack in a third location in 10 minutes.

Her Dotraki guard(s) are also there all the time too.

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sansa to Brienne

It's a long way to Kings Landing. If you want to make it on time, you should hurry.

Her Dotraki guard(s) are also there all the time too.

It's fantasy, all prophecies have to come true and they can upend any major plot development in a microsecond to save time to rush to a finish.

only the Night king can raise a person.

Also, The Night King can read/knows what BRAN is thinking, kinda like Harry and Voldemort.....they are connected........for I won't spoil that for anyone.

The night king knew the dragons were coming that is why they were chains there to drag it out........think about it.....

They are always burning bodies because people get raised at random, not just when he ups his hands in the vicinity.

So why not just kill a guy and leave him outside. Tie a bell around his neck and pick him up once raised.

I'm talking about Brann looking at his family and knowing that Littlefinger is up to destroying his sisters. Seems like he could just let 'em know. I know he's Mr. Unaffected these days but what else is he up to the last few weeks.

They are always burning bodies because people get raised at random, not just when he ups his hands in the vicinity.

So why not just kill a guy and leave him outside. Tie a bell around his neck and pick him up once raised.

I'm talking about Brann looking at his family and knowing that Littlefinger is up to destroying his sisters. Seems like he could just let 'em know. I know he's Mr. Unaffected these days but what else is he up to the last few weeks.

They are always burning bodies because people get raised by the Night King or his captains.

This isn't The Walking Dead where you get bit you turn, you die you turn.

They are always burning bodies because people get raised by the Night King or his captains.

Gotcha.

I wonder if this season's flaws are due to them getting further from the books and Martin's detailed vision. This week's episode was the first one I've ever thought was terrible.

'Game of Thrones' Director Reacts to Fan Criticism of Season 7 Pacing: 'They're Just Torturing Themselves'

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/apos-game-thrones-apos-director-191737691.html

“You’ve got a [dragon] that’s bigger than a [boeing] 747 [plane] with seven people riding on its back, and you’re worried about the speed of a raven being believable. OK, obviously, we’re not doing our jobs correctly for you, but it seems to be working for a lot of other people.”

Gotcha.

I wonder if this season's flaws are due to them getting further from the books and Martin's detailed vision. This week's episode was the first one I've ever thought was terrible.

Ya I don't know, but I agree I can't remember an episode I had so many problems with. I'm not going to overreact, but I hated the entire mission in general. They already knew wights don't travel individually. The entire premise was ridiculous. I said earlier, feel like they wrote themselves towards a desired conclusion that they couldn't figure out how to get to.

It doesn't matter that it's fantasy.

Edited by Rockpile233

'Game of Thrones' Director Reacts to Fan Criticism of Season 7 Pacing: 'They're Just Torturing Themselves'

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/apos-game-thrones-apos-director-191737691.html

“You’ve got a [dragon] that’s bigger than a [boeing] 747 [plane] with seven people riding on its back, and you’re worried about the speed of a raven being believable. OK, obviously, we’re not doing our jobs correctly for you, but it seems to be working for a lot of other people.”

First of all, I doubt those dragons are bigger than a 747. They certainly don't weigh as much. Secondly, as someone pointed out earlier, the whole point of fantasy is the temporary suspension of plausible disbelief and an incoherent timeline in which to frame the action ruins that. That's not a very smart comment from the director.

being believable??

There are Dragons and walking dead, and people want believable?

Bringing Jon back from the dead made me cringe, then I see some dude has come back 6 times, so it's no biggy.

I guess he's pirate enough to take out the evil Greyjoy uncle.

being believable??

There are Dragons and walking dead, and people want believable?

Even though it's a fantasy the laws of physics in that world should still exist. Humans, ships, and ravens still should still only be able to travel at a certain pace. They did a good job of that imo in the first 6 seasons so all we're asking for is consistency.

Even though it's a fantasy the laws of physics in that world should still exist. Humans, ships, and ravens still should still only be able to travel at a certain pace. They did a good job of that imo in the first 6 seasons so all we're asking for is consistency.

Bah humbug. 😉

We are all "suffering" because they are rushing through the show and are 3 episodes short of a full season.

I don't like it but such is life.

When do Jon and Danny get it on???

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

First of all, I doubt those dragons are bigger than a 747. They certainly don't weigh as much. Secondly, as someone pointed out earlier, the whole point of fantasy is the temporary suspension of plausible disbelief and an incoherent timeline in which to frame the action ruins that. That's not a very smart comment from the director.

He's under fire all over the place for the holes in his episode. Maybe the first time a GOT director has been roasted like this since the Sansa/Bolton debacle (though that was put on the showrunners rather than the director), so I think he's playing defense without really thinking it through.

Taylor's a good director though, he's done some of the better Thrones eps (not to mention the Sopranos) so I am willing to forgive his response - which I agree with you is really kind'a silly.

He's under fire all over the place for the holes in his episode. Maybe the first time a GOT director has been roasted like this since the Sansa/Bolton debacle (though that was put on the showrunners rather than the director), so I think he's playing defense without really thinking it through.

Taylor's a good director though, he's done some of the better Thrones eps (not to mention the Sopranos) so I am willing to forgive his response - which I agree with you is really kind'a silly.

I mean if these were African ravens I could maybe understand, but the airspeed velocity of even an unladen European raven...it doesn't add up.

Not really. I was more upset about Wilson floating away in Cast Away. Probably because she still has two dragons left and that particular dragon was named after her moronic brother who Khal Drogo killed in season 1.

Your missing the point....the dragons are dany's CHILDREN and she thinks of them as such as she cannot have any.

Even the dragons were crying when their brother died.

DRAGONS ARE PEOPLE TOO DAMMIT

Wouldnt shock me at all if Dany just pulled her dragons if there was chance she might lose them now and just use her armies.

What people should be asking is why didnt John Snow redirect Dany to have her dragons attack the main box ice guy.....given that several of the undead just fell when the took out one of the higher ups.

I really hope this is going to be used in future combat strategy...it might save a lot of lives.

Your missing the point....the dragons are dany's CHILDREN and she thinks of them as such as she cannot have any.

Wouldnt shock me at all if Dany just pulled her dragons if there was chance she might lose them now and just use her armies.

What people should be asking is why didnt John Snow redirect Dany to have her dragons attack the main box ice guy.....given that several of the undead just fell when the took out one of the higher ups.

I really hope this is going to be used in future combat strategy...it might save a lot of lives.

You can't kill the big bad too easily or it's a chicken little story.

I got the point and felt bad for Dany to lose one of her CGI burning people alive for sport dragons, but I was way more upset when I found out Boldin retiring right after watching.