Game of Thrones: Season 7

/dev/null

Yes, Queens count in this formula I think. They're fair game. I'd be surprised if either go tonight, Cersei's clock is ticking but it feels like she makes it into season the final season. Snow could die again (and be resurrected again). Isn't Euron a King? He definitely could go.

Tormund's a king.

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I now firmly believe that the whole not taking out John Snow and crew was just to get one of Dany's dragons so they could take down that wall

The undead dragon now seems even stronger then it was when it was alive.....but taking out the main whitewalker should kill it

im going to guess that Bran can just warg with the dragon and deal with it that way

I thought it was a good finale and far superior than last weeks episode. I thought strategy wise it would have been smart for Dany to have Drogon just take out Cersei but whatever. Thought there would be more deaths this season, but I guess it makes next years more exciting. How in the hell are they going to wrap this up in only six episodes? Bittersweet to see Littlefinger die and it's sad that Tormund died (I'm assuming). Jaime is finally is like WTF is wrong with you Cersei? I thought he might slit her throat right there. Bran is quickly honing his craft in the nick of time. Jon may be a Targaryen, but he's a spitting image character wise as his uncle Ned (honorable to a fault).

My main complaint is Jon and Dany have about as much chemistry together as Tyrod and Clay do on the football field.

Edited by Doc Brown

I thought it was a good finale and far superior than last weeks episode. I thought strategy wise it would have been smart for Dany to have Drogon just take out Cersei but whatever. Thought there would be more deaths this season, but I guess it makes next years more exciting. How in the hell are they going to wrap this up in only six episodes? Bittersweet to see Littlefinger die and it's sad that Tormund died (I'm assuming). Jaime is finally is like WTF is wrong with you Cersei? I thought he might slit her throat right there. Bran is quickly honing his craft in the nick of time. Jon may be a Targaryen, but he's a spitting image character wise as his uncle Ned (honorable to a fault).

My main complaint is Jon and Dany have about as much chemistry together as Tyrod and Clay do on the football field.

its interesting because I thought John and Dany actually had more chemistry this episode and did a good job with it. Her relationship with him is different then the other men she has been with....its special

My understanding is that all of next season's episodes are going to be "long" ones like the last two.

Oh, and Tormund and Beric made it out of the castle -- they aren't dead.

Edited by eball

My understanding is that all of next season's episodes are going to be "long" ones like the last two.

I thought they never got off the wall, rather they made it to the part that was still standing? Either way, it looked like they survived. Great finish!

Awesome episode. There were some slow spots in it. Surprising considering how quickly everything has been moving.

Anyone else get the feeling Tyrion is going to flip because he's upset he can't get Danny?

He and his sister had some "private" words and her being pregnant may be something that takes him to a path in the road where he can betray his sister or his young queen.

How long can the war against the Knight King really last? All 6 or 7 episodes?

Tormund was on a part of the wall that may not have collapsed. He and the Hound have to fight it out for Brienne. :wub:

Might be Jamie intercedes and steals the Gold Company and their elephants.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Oh, I thought they died when the wall came down. I was going to say that's a horrible way for an awesome character like Tormund to die.

its interesting because I thought John and Dany actually had more chemistry this episode and did a good job with it. Her relationship with him is different then the other men she has been with....its special

I respectfully disagree and I think the problem is that despite their importance to the story and how we've basically rooted for them for seven years now, they're really not that interesting of characters. I also think they're both subpar actors. Shout out to Lena Headey by the way as she doesn't get enough credit for how well she plays Cersei.

He and his sister had some "private" words and her being pregnant may be something that makes him to a path in the road where he can betray his sister or his young queen,

I don't see Tyrion and Cersei ever working together as they've hated each other guts since childhood. I think Tyrion had his mind more on an heir to Dany explaining why he looked conflicted knowing Jon and her were having sex. Either that or he knows his sister well enough that she won't send her troops North like she agreed on and feels guilty in making Jon and Dany believe that.

Edited by Doc Brown

Doc Brown, I agree, much better than last week.

I think Tyrion argued if Cersei cooperated, her child would be allowed to live. It is the only believable way she would support them. We often have not heard the end of Tyrion's conversations, just seen the results. In this case, we are left to fill in the blanks between Tyrion's look saying Cersei being pregnant changes everything, and him not being surprised she is having the Lannister forces join them.

I don't see Tyrion and Cersei ever working together as they've hated each other guts since childhood. I think Tyrion had his mind more on an heir to Dany explaining why he looked conflicted knowing Jon and her were having sex. Either that or he knows his sister well enough that she won't send her troops North like she agreed on and feels guilty in making Jon and Dany believe that.

Doc, why would he be conflicted? I doubt he told Cersei her child might be heir because Dany is infertile. (If so, count that as her betrayal for love.) And yet I agree. I am not sure what his look meant outside their cabin door.

I agree Harrington and Clark seem to lack some of the range of the other actors, though their chemistry is passable on the show. For John, bring uncomplicated is a part of his appeal.

Where do you think the Hound ended up? He hasn't pledged himself to anyone that we have seen, and we didn't see the group return to the Targaryen ship.

Tormund is still alive. I rewatched, and it's clear the ice dragon melted the wall from where he started, to the left, toward the sea. He and Dondarrion made it to the first bit of wall that remained, and had a perfect view of the dead passing through the void.

The Hound despises the Lannisters and wants to kill The Mountain, so I doubt he casts his lot in with Cersei

He traveled North of the Wall and knows the stakes so I doubt he sits it out which puts him in with House Targarian/Stark

I'm more interested in who Bronn declares for. Does the Sellsword follow the Lannisters gold to Cersei or does Honor and friendship lead him to Jamie and Tyrion

The Hound despises the Lannisters and wants to kill The Mountain, so I doubt he casts his lot in with Cersei

He traveled North of the Wall and knows the stakes so I doubt he sits it out which puts him in with House Targarian/Stark

I'm more interested in who Bronn declares for. Does the Sellsword follow the Lannisters gold to Cersei or does Honor and friendship lead him to Jamie and Tyrion

My consideration was if he stayed behind to get his moment with his brother. He has always been practical, and not prone to take on a suicide mission, but the show seems to be increasingly ham handedly queuing up the resolution points we have been anticipating.

As an aside, this feels like regression from a well-thought-out web of circumstance and motivation (Martin), to typical high-budget pop culture entertainment.

I loved the moment between Brienne and the Hound, talking about Arya. Did I imagine him grinning like a proud pappa?

Re Bronn: Cersei's deception doesn't work if the Lannister forces don't act like they are joining the Great War. Bronn will be intermixed with the combined armies when (if) Cersei brings the Golden Company to attack their rear. I have no doubt how Bronn would react, but I think there is also no way any of that happens before Jaimie gets to him... unless of course he is eaten by a large pack of wolves mid-continent.

Again bitching about expedience, why on earth would Cersei tell Jaimie her plan and let him ride away? Is Jaimie, and her love of family her fatal weakness?

I strongly suspect the books will be completely different at this point and moving forward.

And restating a guess I made up-thread: I think Daario shows up next season with the Essos sell-swords.

Nobody really believes Cersei is pregnant, right? Seems an obvious ploy to try and keep Jamie in the fold.

Too late for that, I think. After that final scene between the two, I think Jaime is through with her for good. The next time we see him, I think it'll be at Winterfell.