Browns hire Grigson

@josinaanderson

The #Browns have hired Ryan Grigson as Senior Personnel Executive. Grigson will report to Vice President of Player Personnel Andrew Berry.

...he must have a helluva set of pictures....didn't he blame the Colts mess on the Luck extension taking away his "financial abilities to sign people"?...him and Irsay were a match made in heaven, but Haslam now may have elite company...........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

Looks like his former employee, Berry, did him a solid. Grigson was a total disaster as a GM. Can't see how this helps the Browns.

His background was all college scouting as I recall when he came from the Eagles. Irsay hired him because he played at Purdue and he wanted someone to go out and schmooze the masses with his Indy roots. He had no knowledge of the cap and no pro scouting. In the structure he walked into in Indy, they had parted ways with Polian who was Team President when they fired Chris... and the buffer was gone between he and Irsay who is a train wreck. Grigson was ok the first year because they retained Telesco as AGM and he knew how to run everything in that FO ... Telesco "bolted" to SD the following season and Grigson was left on his own. Not pretty. And he's too arrogant to admit he didn't have it all down. That said he's a good scout. And Cleveland needs more football guys. Edited by YoloinOhio

His background was all college scouting as I recall when he came from the Eagles. Irsay hired him because he played at Purdue and he wanted someone to go out and schmooze the masses with his Indy roots. He had no knowledge of the cap and no pro scouting. In the structure he walked into in Indy, they had parted ways with Polian who was Team President when they fired Chris... and the buffer was gone between he and Irsay who is a train wreck. Grigson was ok the first year because they retained Telesco as AGM and he knew how to run everything in that FO ... Telesco "bolted" to SD the following season and Grigson was left on his own. Not pretty. And he's too arrogant to admit he didn't have it all down. That said he's a good scout. And Cleveland needs more football guys.

Thanks for the breakdown.

Doug Whaley... still waiting.

Pegula.... still paying him. Doug can wait and take the right job. He will go as a VP Player Personnel or Director Pro Personnel somewhere with an established GM who is up there in age I suspect and try and carve a niche as the "in house candidate" to succeed that guy. I think that is his only chance to ever get another GM shot. Nobody is ever gonna hire Doug Whaley to be GM if they are looking outside the building in my opinion.

....didn't he blame the Colts mess on the Luck extension taking away his "financial abilities to sign people"?...him and Irsay were a match made in heaven, but Haslam now may have elite company...........

I knew this thread would turn into a defense of Kim Jung QB before I even opened it.

Pegula.... still paying him. Doug can wait and take the right job. He will go as a VP Player Personnel or Director Pro Personnel somewhere with an established GM who is up there in age I suspect and try and carve a niche as the "in house candidate" to succeed that guy. I think that is his only chance to ever get another GM shot. Nobody is ever gonna hire Doug Whaley to be GM if they are looking outside the building in my opinion.

He'll have to take a lower-level job and then he'll either work his way up to potential candidate again, or he won't. Can't see him getting a GM position right now, though. Not based on his current C.V.

Edited by Thurman#1