DOJ Appoints Robert Mueller as Special Counsel - Jerome Corsi Rejects Plea Deal

Just now, keepthefaith said:

My gosh shouldn't Barr remove Rosenstein tomorrow?  I know Rod has already tendered resignation coming up soon but why would they let this guy finish unless he is spending his last days answering a lot of questions and turning over a lot of internal docs. 

:beer:

I have a sneaking suspicion that RR isn't the threat he's made out to be. I've gone back and forth, back and forth on him (in these pages and my own mind) so I really can't be certain. But there are a few oddities with his actions that make me suspect he cut a deal long ago (around the time Mueller did) to help expose the coup. Could be way off but here are the events that make my spidey-sense tingle: 

* RR appointed Mueller to keep McCabe from being in charge of the investigation. If RR hadn't done this, McCabe would have been running the CI investigation without oversight or an end in sight. 

* RR met with Trump after the NYT piece on him "wearing a wire" broke, but not in a normal way. Instead of meeting in the WH as planned, they instead met on Air Force One - which is perhaps one of the most secure SCIFs in the known universe.

* RR in his congressional testimony said numerous times that the FISA renewal he signed on Page (he signed off on the 4th and final one) did not match up with the way it had been described by the Congress and the media - which is either blatant perjury or the truth in which case it begs even more questions that can only be answered with a DECLASS. 

* Finally there's the mysterious scope memo RR crafted for Mueller after Mueller had been tasked... we know Manafort was included someway/somehow in that redacted portion of the memo but nothing else. If you buy into my long running theory that Manafort was a plant - his name being included in a classified scope memo from RR to the SCO, it could very well mean RR was directing the SCO to go after the plants and plotters more than Trump. Keeping this from Congress (which is why he's been so coy about going before them) also lines up with him wanting to preserve the integrity of that investigation rather than have it leak, since the Congress leaks like a sieve. 

Those are all the reasons why RR gives me pause. He could be every bit as dirty as it seems, I just decided to step back on RR a bit and let the cards fall where they may. Lots of rumors say he's going to be gone this coming Friday regardless - so maybe we'll get our answer sooner rather than later. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

220px-Whosnext.jpg?resize=110,85&ssl=1COUP’S NEXT

Mark Penn puts the greatest scandal of Obama administration officials — the greatest political scandal in our history — this way:

The most egregious anti-democratic actions ever taken by the what can now fairly be called the Deep State are confirmed with the publication of fired FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe’s new book detailing how the FBI and Justice Department plotted to remove President Trump from office for firing FBI Director James Comey.

Justice Department and FBI officials spied on U.S. citizens with false warrants, gave a pass to one presidential campaign with a predetermined investigation, investigated another political campaign on the basis of no verified evidence, and illegally leaked information on investigations. They discussed wiretapping and using the 25th Amendment to the Constitution to remove President Trump, and appointed a special counsel as a retaliatory move for Comey’s firing.

It is now crystal clear that the highest echelons of the Justice Department and FBI had morphed from the world’s most professional law enforcement organization into a Third World rump group. They had the hubris to believe that they – not the American people or their duly elected representatives – should decide who governs and how.

Andrew McCabe reminds us. The origins of the Mueller Switch Project lie in a counterintelligence investigation based on the Clinton campaign’s dodgy dossier. McCabe has given us reason to pause and go deeper. In addition to Mark Penn in the excellent FOX News column above I have turned to:

• Byron York, Washington Examiner: “Eight days in May.”

• Michael Goodwin, New York Post: “Why we should thank Andrew McCabe for his service.”

• Willis Krumholz, Federalist: 7 Big Takeaways From Andrew McCabe’s Planned Coup.”

• Roger Kimball, Spectator USA: “The deep blob.”

• Ramesh Ponnuru National Review: “Keystone Koup.”

• Andrew McCarthy, FOX News: Andrew McCarthy: McCabe, Rosenstein and the real truth about the 25th Amendment coup attempt.”

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I haven't had a chance to watch the interview yet... but the early reviews are in: 

People always alternate between "Mr." and "President" as a title.  They did with Obama, they did with Bush.  And the president's party complains about "disrespect" every time.

28 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Well maybe Schiff and his committee will ride in on white horses and save the day for Obama's DOJ, FBI, CIA and the Mueller team by exposing the evidence that all of the investigative and law enforcement professionals missed over the last 2.5 years. 

• Like (+1) 1