DOJ Appoints Robert Mueller as Special Counsel - Jerome Corsi Rejects Plea Deal

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

But a close review of these new documents shows just how closely Associate Deputy Attorney General Bruce Ohr, who reported to Obama-era Deputy AG Sally Yates, maintained contact with Fusion — and, in particular, its primary source, former British spy Christopher Steele — before, during and after the election.

Yates was fired by President Trump over an unrelated political dispute. Ohr was demoted recently.

What's that, an agent of the federal government working with a foreign spy to try and delegitimize a duly elected president?

I wonder what the dude's take is on this one.

https://www.newyorker.com/news-desk/swamp-chronicles/the-day-trump-told-us-there-was-attempted-collusion-with-russia

The Day Donald Trump Told Us There Was Attempted Collusion With Russia

On August 5, 2018, precisely forty-four years after the collapse of the Nixon Presidency, another President, Donald Trump, made his own public admission. In one of a series of early-morning tweets, Trump addressed a meeting that his son Donald, Jr., held with a Russian lawyer affiliated with the Russian government. “This was a meeting to get information on an opponent, totally legal and done all the time in politics - and it went nowhere,” he wrote. “I did not know about it!”

The tweet contains several crucial pieces of information. First, it is a clear admission that Donald Trump, Jr.,’s original statement about the case was inaccurate enough to be considered a lie. He had said the meeting was with an unknown person who “might have information helpful to the campaign,” and that this person “primarily discussed a program about the adoption of Russian children.” This false statement was, according to his legal team, dictated by the President himself. There was good reason to mislead the American people about that meeting. Based on reporting—at the time and now—of the President’s admission, it was a conscious effort by the President’s son and two of his closest advisers to work with affiliates of the Russian government to obtain information that might sway the U.S. election in Trump’s favor. In short, it was, at minimum, a case of attempted collusion. 

• Haha (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Logic said:

https://www.newyorker.com/news-desk/swamp-chronicles/the-day-trump-told-us-there-was-attempted-collusion-with-russia

On August 5, 2018, precisely forty-four years after the collapse of the Nixon Presidency, another President, Donald Trump, made his own public admission. In one of a series of early-morning tweets, Trump addressed a meeting that his son Donald, Jr., held with a Russian lawyer affiliated with the Russian government. “This was a meeting to get information on an opponent, totally legal and done all the time in politics - and it went nowhere,” he wrote. “I did not know about it!”

The tweet contains several crucial pieces of information. First, it is a clear admission that Donald Trump, Jr.,’s original statement about the case was inaccurate enough to be considered a lie. He had said the meeting was with an unknown person who “might have information helpful to the campaign,” and that this person “primarily discussed a program about the adoption of Russian children.” This false statement was, according to his legal team, dictated by the President himself. There was good reason to mislead the American people about that meeting. Based on reporting—at the time and now—of the President’s admission, it was a conscious effort by the President’s son and two of his closest advisers to work with affiliates of the Russian government to obtain information that might sway the U.S. election in Trump’s favor. In short, it was, at minimum, a case of attempted collusion. 

Zzzzzzzzzzzz......

37 minutes ago, Logic said:

Damn, you lefties are suckers. It has been well known for over a year that Don Jr. et al were enticed to a meeting with the Russian lawyer on the premise of being given "dirt" on Clinton. The meeting then turned to the lawyer lobbying for loosening of the Magninsky Act. When it became obvious that they were deceived, Don Jr. ended the meeting after something like 15-20 minutes.  This has been known for quite some time. The media can try to twist it any way they want but the facts still remain the facts and you still remain the fool.

• Like (+1) 5

1 hour ago, Logic said:

Uh...there's no new information here.  Nothing.  Franco is still dead, too.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Logic said:

I'm hearing we take Josh at 7. No, not Rosen...Allen!  Stay tuned. 

• Haha (+1) 2

Same story, but wanted it on this page too. Important information about where we're going next with this. We have covered Ohr's connection in depth months ago - he's next to go under the Page/Strzok grilling. He leads to Yates (and Brennan) who's on deck. 

Ohr has been twice demoted since the election, has described as a middle man for Fusion GPS and the FBI by several pieces of evidence and testimony now available in open source. His wife, Nellie Ohr was/is former CIA Russian expert turned Fusion GPS contractor in May of 2016 (a little over a week after Adm Rogers shut down the 702 abuse inside the FBI-CID/DOJ-NSD). She (likely/most definitely) served as a conduit between Fusion and Steele in the construction of the dossier, while her husband served as a means to insert the dossier into the FBI's hands without Steele or Fusion being directly tied (laundered in other words). 

Grassley and Jordan and Nunes have known this for months, if not a year. We know that because we've known it for that long (those paying attention). If we're at Ohr, that means we're about done with the DOJ (which means the declassification of the FISA application is likely in the works/waiting to happen). Trump hinted that the FISA OIG report is also imminent, that (should) be a major narrative shift/fireworks that will force the Mueller probe to show its hand/wrap up. 

State is (probably) the next pivot in terms of this roll out, likely starting with Winer/Blumenthal web. That will lead to Kerry/Rice/Brennan level offenders quickly. I think the Russia stuff has to be done with before(if) they go after those fish. Probably have to do that after the midterms as well. That's how I see the timetable right now (totally speculative).   

Edited by Deranged Rhino

6 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I read Techno Fog's recap last night. That is a lot of hard work to break down that dumb-ass trial into terms even I can understand. All I have to say is the prosecution got snookered when giving Rick Gates immunity. What a lousy, lying witness.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Same story, but wanted it on this page too. Important information about where we're going next with this. We have covered Ohr's connection in depth months ago - he's next to go under the Page/Strzok grilling. He leads to Yates (and Brennan) who's on deck. 

Ohr has been twice demoted since the election, has described as a middle man for Fusion GPS and the FBI by several pieces of evidence and testimony now available in open source. His wife, Nellie Ohr was/is former CIA Russian expert turned Fusion GPS contractor in May of 2016 (a little over a week after Adm Rogers shut down the 702 abuse inside the FBI-CID/DOJ-NSD). She (likely/most definitely) served as a conduit between Fusion and Steele in the construction of the dossier, while her husband served as a means to insert the dossier into the FBI's hands without Steele or Fusion being directly tied (laundered in other words). 

Grassley and Jordan and Nunes have known this for months, if not a year. We know that because we've known it for that long (those paying attention). If we're at Ohr, that means we're about done with the DOJ (which means the declassification of the FISA application is likely in the works/waiting to happen). Trump hinted that the FISA OIG report is also imminent, that (should) be a major narrative shift/fireworks that will force the Mueller probe to show its hand/wrap up. 

State is (probably) the next pivot in terms of this roll out, likely starting with Winer/Blumenthal web. That will lead to Kerry/Rice/Brennan level offenders quickly. I think the Russia stuff has to be done with before(if) they go after those fish. Probably have to do that after the midterms as well. That's how I see the timetable right now (totally speculative).   

Great stuff, thanks.  I'm wondering about the timing of the declassification, and what Trump releases.  I figure with a target as big, brash and bold as Trump, and in a world where even your supposed allies potentially benefit for your demise, he'll want to be quite tactical about holding his cards close until needed. I would assume there is an awful lot of material that shows potential malfeasance by agents of the government, or could be spun that way.  

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I read Techno Fog's recap last night. That is a lot of hard work to break down that dumb-ass trial into terms even I can understand. All I have to say is the prosecution got snookered when giving Rick Gates immunity. What a lousy, lying witness.

It's always been troubling to me when the prosecution cuts a deal with a witness proven to be a lying scumbag to get someone else, even if that someone else is himself a lying scumbag.  I realize it's life, and has to be that way, but it places tremendous power into the hands of a prosecutor and you have to hold your nose and hope the prosecutor is not himself a lying scumbag. Or, even a well-intentioned zealot. 

This trial shows why Trump won't release his taxes. Cohens troubles point in a very similiar direction. So much corruption, hard to believe Trump isn't also guilty of all this same stuff. Trump surrounds himself with guys doing the same corrupt stuff he does. He is by far the most corrupt president in our history. 

I'm not certain why this is listed under "opinion" because all he's doing is laying out the facts (from John Solomon):

How a senior DOJ official helped Dem researchers on Trump-Russia case

I suppose this is the opinion (final paragraph):

Most importantly, the new memos make clear that Ohr, a man whose name was barely uttered during the first 18 months of the scandal, may have played a critical role in stitching together a Democratic opposition research project and the top echelons of the FBI and DOJ.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, donbb said:

Show of hands - how many of you clinging to every twit techno frog twits are convinced Manafort gets a Not Guilty verdict?

Gary, that's not why people read court transcripts. They read the court transcripts techno provides because it's unfiltered, real information one can read and use to think for themselves. We know you struggle with thinking for yourself. It's okay.  

Manafort is dirty as hell. Something that becomes quite clear when you read information rather than scoff at it. 

2 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Great stuff, thanks.  I'm wondering about the timing of the declassification, and what Trump releases.  I figure with a target as big, brash and bold as Trump, and in a world where even your supposed allies potentially benefit for your demise, he'll want to be quite tactical about holding his cards close until needed. I would assume there is an awful lot of material that shows potential malfeasance by agents of the government, or could be spun that way.  

Agreed. "Never interfere when your enemy is destroying itself". That's Trump's mindset at the moment.

Look at the nonsense arguments being made now - they're all dusted off arguments from months ago which his enemies believe will make an impact because they think the American people are stupid and won't remember these stories have previously been "breaking news" and dismissed. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1