The path to the Super Bowl, the last 10 winners.

2017 - New England Patriots - Made it to the playoffs Bill Bellicheks second year as head coach

2016 - Denver Broncos - won the Super Bowl Gary Kubiak's first year as head coach.

2015 - New England Patriots - Made it to the playoffs Bill Bellicheks second year as head coach

2014 - Seattle Seahawks - made it to the playoffs Pete Carrol's first year as head coach

2013 - Baltimore Ravens - made it to the playoffs John Harbaugh's first year as head coach

2012 - NY Giants - made it to the playoffs Tom Coughlin's second years as head coach

2011 - Green Bay packers - made it to the playoffs second year as head coach

2010 - New Orleans Saints - made it to the playoffs the Sean Peyton's second year as head coach

2009 - Pittsburgh Steelers - made it to the playoffs Mike Tomlin's second year as head coach

2008 - made it to the playoffs Tom Coughlin's second years as head coach

For all of those who are saying we need to wait four or five years to see if McBeane has the right stuff, recent history suggests Super Bowl winners are coached by coaches who get their teams to the playoffs the first or second season they coach the team.

But hey in the 60's and 70's things were different, so there is that.

Brady, Peyton, Brees, Big Ben, Rodgers...if we had one of those guys I would agree

It doesn't really matter if you agree or not. I simply posted 10 facts. They are still true facts even if you disagree.

Brady, Peyton, Brees, Big Ben, Rodgers...if we had one of those guys I would agree

Eli and Wilson and Flacco in their too. I guess it suggest that good teams find both a coach/QB combo that can win pretty quickly, if they are ultimately going to be super bowl champs.

I agree, maybe he'll be on the field by 2019, the one they draft next year? Superbowl, wont say with certainty but slim chance. Playoffs, that's what I'm feeling. 10 wins/wildcard?

from there, who knows?

While I agree with the OP.... those organisations didn't have 17 years worth of losing to cut out. I think we have to be a little more patient.

Mulligan for the first year.

Significant improvement for the second year.

Playoffs for the third year.

Any new regime that can't turn this team around in 3 years has no business being in Buffalo.

Any new regime that can't turn this team around in 3 years has no business being in Buffalo.

I agree and its reasonable to give them time. as it took time to dig this hole.

I agree.

I would normally agree... the reason I have said 4 years this time is that I suspect year 2 or more likely year 3 will be a rookie Quarterback year. It's why I was very pro taking one this draft. I think the class was much better than the media consensus and I think if (as I suspect we will be) we are done with 4 or 5 weeks to go you can get the rookie in and have him start the process and go into camp next year as the starter. Edited by GunnerBill

I find it uber fascinating that Bill fans seem to be resigned to losing with Sean HC, and talking patience

And yet were furious about playing just .500 with Rex with little patience

The ownership and org have dome a great job creating a narrative of belief lowering expectations, lol

I;m telling everyone, even if you refuse to listen, that 6 wins and or 10 wins, is 6 or 10 wins no matter who's in charge

The rest is just perception, context, and propaganda

IE - If our Bills in 2017 only win 6 games then Sean HC didn't succeed in his rookie campaign

You are what your W-L record indicates regardless of the argument fans and owners will offer up in defense

Food for thought

jc