Josh Gordon reinstatement denied by NFL

I am sure potheads' opinion is that violating the rules on smoking pot is "no big deal". Too bad their representatives, the NFLPA, did not think so when they negotiated contract. Maybe they should split the union - one for the ones who do not want to follow rules and want repeated appeals and one who follow the rules and not want their union dues wasted on such effort; the union dues for first group would be a lot higher. It is too bad that pot is NOT addictive for if I was getting a contract paying me millions of dollars I'd quit until I got out of football and then go live in mansion in Caribbean.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sure potheads' opinion is that violating the rules on smoking pot is "no big deal". Too bad their representatives, the NFLPA, did not think so when they negotiated contract. Maybe they should split the union - one for the ones who do not want to follow rules and want repeated appeals and one who follow the rules and not want their union dues wasted on such effort; the union dues for first group would be a lot higher. It is too bad that pot is NOT addictive for if I was getting a contract paying me millions of dollars I'd quit until I got out of football and then go live in mansion in Caribbean.

I'd climb a rope of sand and sleep on a bed of nails to make millions of dollars playing a kids game.

yea, and the biggest are the ones in suits.

beat your spouse/child, drive under the influence, go on racially fueled rants (riley cooper), beat up a kid (kromer) "hit the field". smoke a plant, "whoa! that's against the rules. we have morals". so by the nfl's interpretation, the latter is about the worst thing you can do. got it.

I believe the suits know this and are using it as a negotiation tactic; they see an opportunity to get something out of the NFLPA.

beat your spouse/child, drive under the influence, go on racially fueled rants (riley cooper), beat up a kid (kromer) "hit the field". smoke a plant, "whoa! that's against the rules. we have morals". so by the nfl's interpretation, the latter is about the worst thing you can do. got it.

I think rather, you have.

To be fair, while I'm completely against the NFL's ridiculous marijuana rule, the first offenses for failing tests carry pretty minimal punishments. If the above referenced were repeat offenders it would probably escalate to Gordon's point far quicker.

I do feel for guy's who had unbelievable earning potential only to be blackballed by a marijuana addiction, which is barely anything, but yet there is a level of personal responsibility here.

I'd climb a rope of sand and sleep on a bed of nails to make millions of dollars playing a kids game.

nicely done.

me too.

Till they asked me to get out of my QBs Armchair.

Above and beyond the Millions, I might need some escalators in my contract too.

Know potheads pretty well do you?

Maybe did a study as a Conscientious Objector ?

Not quitting drugs and or drinking to become rich seems kinda weak honestly. And that is why i worry for the ones that can't seem to get sorted out for a couple years and retire

...yup....guy's career went up in smoke.....oh well.................

LOL

doesn't he have an alcohol issue too ?

nicely done.

me too.

Till they asked me to get out of my QBs Armchair.

Above and beyond the Millions, I might need some escalators in my contract too.

Know potheads pretty well do you?

Maybe did a study as a Conscientious Objector ?

Not quitting drugs and or drinking to become rich seems kinda weak honestly. And that is why i worry for the ones that can't seem to get sorted out for a couple years and retire

LOL

doesn't he have an alcohol issue too ?

...multiple issues and obviously allergic to millions................

https://www.apnews.com/6f3501688bb14761a098134fb74d59b8/AP-Source:-WR-Josh-Gordon's-reinstatement-denied-by-NFL

@tompelissero

Source: The NFL has denied #Browns WR Josh Gordon's reinstatement petition. He can reapply this fall.

@josinaanderson

I'm told WR Josh Gordon's most recent #NFL agent terminated their relationship "about two weeks ago."

Cant be marijuana isnt a problem in the nfl.

my understanding is it's a very subjective process. They lay out a bunch of stuff you need to do (pass random drug tests, meet with weekly counselors, etc) and then they decide if you have lived up to the plan

If it's subjective, that's not good.

Should be objective - drug tests, counseling, benchmarks, either you did or you didn't.

If it's subjective, that's not good.

Should be objective - drug tests, counseling, benchmarks, either you did or you didn't.

...only problem is NFL "membership" is a privilege and not a "right"...THEY make the rules of membership period............

I believe the suits know this and are using it as a negotiation tactic; they see an opportunity to get something out of the NFLPA.

It will be interesting to see what the players give up. I suspect the owners will get a large concession.

I think rather, you have.

Is that the same Riley Cooper who last played in 2015 and still has no takers? Good comparison. :rolleyes:

Boy those suits have really driven the league into the ground.

To be fair, the guy who wrote "slow getting up" (a noted pothead) referred to the league's mandated marijuana test as "the test you have to be an idiot to fail" - you get tested once a year, during a limited known window.

You have to have clean pee by April 20th, and stay clean until you're tested.

It's only if you fail the idiot test that you become subject to regular, random testing