Cardinals Sign Gabbert

H2o

Yeah, a guy with a 16 to 4 td ratio on a crap team doesn't belong in the NFL while studs like Gabbert & Matt Cassel have jobs.

Peaceful protest in a country with the 1st amendment = bad. Punch a woman in the face = second round pick.

Joe Mixon was baited by a drunk B word who was pushing him, using racial epithets and cussing him out. You don't think a lot of young males, and maybe some older ones would have done the same thing to her? Domestic violence against women is a bad thing. But in this situation it was certainly not all Joe Mixon's fault. And regardless how a lot of the media wants to constantly ride the politically correct train ad nauseum. The draft analysts took a very neutral view on the incident as they should have.

As for Kapaernick, you don't disrespect the National Anthem or the American Flag regardless of your social or political views. That doesn't get you very far in life. He aint a great player, and comes off as a weirdo as well. Teams just don't want that. It is a team game. Not a game about individuals.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Joe Mixon was baited by a drunk B word who was pushing him, using racial epithets and cussing him out. You don't think a lot of young males, and maybe some older ones would have done the same thing to her? Domestic violence against women is a bad thing. But in this situation it was certainly not all Joe Mixon's fault. And regardless how a lot of the media wants to constantly ride the politically correct train ad nauseum. The draft analysts took a very neutral view on the incident as they should have.

As for Kapaernick, you don't disrespect the National Anthem or the American Flag regardless of your social or political views. That doesn't get you very far in life. He aint a great player, and comes off as a weirdo as well. Teams just don't want that. It is a team game. Not a game about individuals.

Man, I'll respect your opinion and respectfully disagree (which is what America is suppose to be about). But finding ways to justify Mixon as PC garbage seems strange.

This country was founded on protest. Nate Boyer, who served and played in the NFL, was fine with CK after he talked with him. I won't have done this and I thought CK was a d bag long before this. But this fake outrage and people telling others what is American is a joke. People died for the right for Americans to protest freely.

Kap believes he can start somewhere. Teams feel differently. Nobody knows if the guy has received calls or not. For all we know, he has, but the team on the other end is saying, "Here's our offer, and you're going to be the backup." If Kap says no, then that's why he's still without a job. On top of that, if he were to agree to be a backup, no team is going to deal with any kind of distractions from a backup player, regardless of the cause. People gotta remember that he's representing a professional organization and although he has a right to free speech and a right to state his opinions, he isn't entitled to use his employer as a platform to share those opinions.

he most certainly could out perform 4-5 starters. But those starters are young. Or they're vested in a high salary designed for their offense. And those qbs ain't moving.

Kaepernick could realistically start on 1 team tomorrow by our performing their starter, and that would be the Jets. No one team would have a worse qb situation. Houston may come close.

Jets media loves to destroy their qb. Other than Fitz. He would be fried

he most certainly could out perform 4-5 starters. But those starters are young. Or they're vested in a high salary designed for their offense. And those qbs ain't moving.

Kaepernick could realistically start on 1 team tomorrow by our performing their starter, and that would be the Jets. No one team would have a worse qb situation. Houston may come close.

Jets media loves to destroy their qb. Other than Fitz. He would be fried

Bills

Jets

Houston

Jags

Browns

49'ers

Bears

Broncos

He can most likely beat out every starting QB on the following teams.

lol ok, Sparky. 4:1 TD:INT ratio on a crappy team. Has been a starter for a Super Bowl team. Apparently you don't realize how crappy the vast majority of NFL quarterbacks are.

But Kaepernick fails "the eye test", so he sucks.

CK comes along with a bunch of headaches that you do not take on for the backup. Tim Tebow was ran out of football for the same reason-talent level is not equal to headache. If you are going to bring that kind of outside pressure you had best be top 15 in your position. CK will be signed when he accepts minimum money at least initially since no team will bring him in when they might have to jettison after one year.

I agree, the reason that Gabbert is signed and Kaep isn't is because of the contract not football ability. The same goes for Fitz. He's way better than these scrubs.

For me Kaep is one of the biggest disappointments I have seen as a player. After watching him play in his rookie year and being coached by Harbaugh I thought he was going not only be one of the better upcoming qbs but that he was going to redefine the position. He is a tremendous athlete and who has a strong arm. For whatever reason he never took the next step and added to his game from his rookie year. It appeared early on that he wasn't going to be the type of qb who was going to be a conventional qb who stayed in the pocket and deftly went through the progressions. What bothered/disappointed me the most is that he never was able to develop a touch on his ball. It seemed that every time he threw the ball it was a fastball with little touch.

From a physical standpoint he had it all. He was a physical specimen. He is also very bright. He was smart enough to be courted by Ivy League schools and also Stanford which put in a lot off effort trying to entice him to their program. I'm hoping that eventually he puts it together but when you have been in the league for a number of years and there is little progression then that is very telling. To a lesser extent I had the same disappointing sensation for Losman. The parts never equaled the whole product.

Bills

Jets

Houston

Jags

Browns

49'ers

Bears

Broncos

He can most likely beat out every starting QB on the following teams.

He could compete, but I doubt he could be a great starter anymore.

His career went in the garbage the day Jim Harbaugh was released.

I hope not

Yeah i think most of his defenders here and otherwise are more impressed with Kaep's political stances than his ability to play QB in the NFL. Kaep thinks he's worth $6m a year, no team is going to pay him that. If he was a good QB, sure, but he isn't. That's why gabbert has a gig, he was willing to work for $1m a year