What if Peterman is better than Mahomes??

Andy Reid gave Alex Smith 4 seasons. Since he is a QB guru we should give Tyrod another 2 seasons before we think about bringing in another QB.

Alex Smith won 41 games as a starter for Andy Reid. Tyrod has yet to win more than 7 games. Sorry, take this Tyrod stuff to Transpants thread.

Alex Smith won 41 games as a starter for Andy Reid. Tyrod has yet to win more than 7 games. Sorry, take this Tyrod stuff to Transpants thread.

The Chiefs won 41 games with Alex Smith performing at levels equal to Tyrod. We've been over that once already.

The Chiefs won 41 games with Alex Smith performing at levels equal to Tyrod. We've been over that once already.

Tyrod cannot win close games because when the other team knows he has to throw he doesn't get it done. We have been over this already. Tyrod is fool's gold.

#guru.

:lol:

QB winz is my favorite stat. I guess over the last 4 years Alex Smith has been a superior QB to Drew Brees too. If Andy Reid is such a QB guru he should have known that there were better QBs than Alex Smith availble. You love to harp on Derek Carr and how everyone missed him, well Reid missed him too. How about Dak Prescott last year. A real genius should have seen that coming. You can like Mahomes, just stop hiding behind this BS argument about how Andy Reid can do no wrong and he is 3 steps ahead of the hapless Bills.

Again - in Smith's second year there the Chiefs went 9-7 and missed the playoffs. Be honest, if we go 9-7 this year and Tyrod has identical stats as what Smith had 2 years ago (3,265 yards and 18 TDs), and then we DON'T take a QB next year, you would rip into McDermott and the whole front office. Yet that is exactly what your guru Andy Reid did.

Tyrod cannot win close games? What do you call Tennessee in 2015?

And how did he do it? He basically couldn't beat them with his arm but made some incredible runs. Unfortunately on one of them he got injured and was no longer available the next two games which the Bills then lost.

Smith didn't win more than 7 games until his 7 year in the league...mostly as a starter.

In 2013, the season before the QB Magician passed on Derek Carr, the Chiefs went 11-5, with Smith averaging a dreadful 6.5 YPA. But of course he could throw at will when the game was on the line. I can't remember if that was the year he threw zero TD passes to his WRs...

And how did he do it? He basically couldn't beat them with his arm but made some incredible runs. Unfortunately on one of them he got injured and was no longer available the next two games which the Bills then lost.

Nice memory , I could not do that but only wish I could.

So now the comeback win in a close game doesn't count because of the way he scored? Look, you said he 'cannot win close games'. He most certainly can, and has. Try not to use absolutes that are already false to begin with, it hurts your argument.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=eWID8spG3P4

This looks like "beating them with his arm" to me. I know you're already thinking about how to move the goalposts. Whatever man.

Edited by HappyDays

So now the comeback win in a close game doesn't count because of the way he scored? Look, you said he 'cannot win close games'. He most certainly can, and has. Try not to use absolutes that are already false to begin with, it hurts your argument.

Fine, here is a qualifying statement. Tyrod Taylor is not good enough to win enough close games in the 4th quarter for me to want him as my starter. He is the best QB on the roster but I want more.

You did not start this thread. You hijacked it. Quit telling people to leave threads that you did not start.

In 2013, the season before the QB Magician passed on Derek Carr, the Chiefs went 11-5, with Smith averaging a dreadful 6.5 YPA. But of course he could throw at will when the game was on the line. I can't remember if that was the year he threw zero TD passes to his WRs...

I think that was the year after. In fairness to Smith he did have some woeful receivers.

Tyrod cannot win close games? What do you call Tennessee in 2015?

To be fair, he said "games" plural.

In all seriousness, is anyone here satisfied with Taylor under center if we're down 5 at our own 25 with 3 timeouts and 2 minutes to go? Is anyone here confident? Anyone taking a straight up bet for their mortgage payment at that point?