What if Peterman is better than Mahomes??

Drafting a quarterback is really a crap shoot. Just because a team trades up to get you, doesn't mean you will pan out. Who is a better quarterback Jared Goff or Dak Prescott? Wouldn't it be funny if Mahomes is a bust and Peterman is the next Zak Prerscott. LOL The Bills are due to get some luck.

Edited by bisonbrigade

Drafting a quarterback is really a crap shoot. Just because a team trades up to get you, doesn't mean you will pan out. Who is a better quarterback Jared Goff or Zak Prescott? Wouldn't it be funny if Mahomes is a bust and Peterman is the next Zak Prerscott. LOL The Bills are due to get some luck.

You do realize his name is Dak, not Zak, right?

The answer would be that it would be awesome and every Bills fan would be happy. The counter is what if Mahomes turns out to stud and Peterman plays like a 5th rounder. That would be a killer.

I disagree. If Mahomes plays well the Chiefs big gamble paid off. Historically they don't most of the time. If he plays well for them it's not a killer to us, and if he doesn't it's not a victory for us.

I disagree. If Mahomes plays well the Chiefs big gamble paid off. Historically they don't most of the time. If he plays well for them it's not a killer to us, and if he doesn't it's not a victory for us.

It may or may not bother you. But if McDermott traded away a franchise QB and does not acquire one himself by next year he will find himself more hated than Rex when he gets fired.

The answer would be that it would be awesome and every Bills fan would be happy. The counter is what if Mahomes turns out to stud and Peterman plays like a 5th rounder. That would be a killer.

Not really. Peterman was not the pick that is tied to the Chiefs trade. The real question will be how Tre White does and what we do with the extra first round pick next year.

If we, with a top 10 pick, passed on a franchise qb, then it's a terrible move unless you land one next year.

Not really. Peterman was not the pick that is tied to the Chiefs trade. The real question will be how Tre White does and what we do with the extra first round pick next year.

Peterman is semi-irrelevant to the Mahomes trade. The trade boils down to 1) if Mahomes is a franchise QB and 2) we don't find a QB soon, it's an awful deal. If Mahomes busts out or we find a QB, it's a win for us. One could argue White is irrelevant as well, we had the 10th pick in the draft, it's not fair to look at White as "the 10th pick", but White isn't the additional piece we gained out of the deal.

Tre White picks off Mahomes for TD as the Bills win 13-6. LOL

Again I completely disagree. Hindsight is lovely.

Hindsight is wishing we had taken Tom Brady when he fell to the 6th round. The Chiefs valuing Mahomes enough to move up to get him and us deciding the picks were worth more than him isn't hindsight if he's great, it's the Chiefs doing a better job in evaluation than us.

No, it would mean that both KC and Buffalo got what they paid for.

It may or may not bother you. But if McDermott traded away a franchise QB and does not acquire one himself by next year he will find himself more hated than Rex when he gets fired.

Only by captain hindsight internet warriors with no conception of the probabilistic nature of the universe.

If we, with a top 10 pick, passed on a franchise qb, then it's a terrible move unless you land one next year.

See above.

Hindsight is wishing we had taken Tom Brady when he fell to the 6th round. The Chiefs valuing Mahomes enough to move up to get him and us deciding the picks were worth more than him isn't hindsight if he's great, it's the Chiefs doing a better job in evaluation than us.

You're inventing a distinction where there is none. It is hindsight. KC was willing to take the (frankly low) chance that Mahomes will turn out to be special. There are dozens of scouting/trading/drafting articles that have been written, documenting the plague of evaluation overconfidence that spans the entire NFL. There is an extremely large chance that the trade works out in Buffalo's favor. If it doesn't, that will suck, but that will be the result of information not available at the time the decision was made. Hindsight by definition.
Edited by SoFFacet

Which we will only know in hindsight

Again I completely disagree. Hindsight is lovely.

I don't think you know the definition of hindsight. Plenty of posters wanted the Bills to draft a qb at 10. I hope Peterman works out but it's silly to expect that much from him. I hope the Chiefs have an awful year. I hope that we are able to get a stud qb next year.

But if these things don't work out and Watson/ Mahomes become good qbs, it's a bad trade.

No, it would mean that both KC and Buffalo got what they paid for.

Only by captain hindsight internet warriors with no conception of the probabilistic nature of the universe.

See above.

You're inventing a distinction where there is none. It is hindsight. KC was willing to take the (frankly low) chance that Mahomes will turn out to be special. There are dozens of scouting/trading/drafting articles that have been written, documenting the plague of evaluation overconfidence that spans the entire NFL. There is an extremely large chance that the trade works out in Buffalo's favor. If it doesn't, that will suck, but that will be the result of information not available at the time the decision was made. Hindsight by definition.

Don't totally disagree. But it's not crazy to trust Andy Reid and Bill O'Brien's (coaches of teams that make the playoffs every year) judgment over SM's at this point.

I don't think you know the definition of hindsight. Plenty of posters wanted the Bills to draft a qb at 10. I hope Peterman works out but it's silly to expect that much from him. I hope the Chiefs have an awful year. I hope that we are able to get a stud qb next year.

But if these things don't work out and Watson/ Mahomes become good qbs, it's a bad trade.

I absolutely know the definition. We will only be able to evaluate the picks made several years down the road. At that point regardless of how things pan out people will offer opinions. That is pretty much the definition of hindsight.

Does anyone know if Trubisky, Mahomes, Watson, Kizer, or any of the QBs drafted this year will be franchise level? No. When will anyone know? At some point after the draft has taken place.
hind·sight. noun. understanding of a situation or event only after it has happened or developed

Edited by SoFFacet

I absolutely know the definition. We will only be able to evaluate the picks made several years down the road. At that point regardless of how things pan out people will offer opinions. That is pretty much the definition of hindsight.

By your definition it's impossible for any team to ever make a mistake of any kind.