Russ Brandon - keep him or fire him?

Russ Brandon - keep him or fire him?  

212 members have voted

1. 1. Russ Brandon - keep him or fire him?

• Keep him
    • Fire him

That makes no sense at all. So, if you found a Picasso in an old dumpy house you were going to renovate, you'd throw that in the dumpster too? I'd like to think I'd be smarter than that..... THINK, then act.

If I found a rotting Picasso pizza I would definitely throw it in the dumpster

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never said Russ was a Picasso, just that every situation should be considered on it's own merits, in response to a "since we're tossing stuff, let's toss it all" comment. I prefer thinking before acting. Some here disagree.

I'd say he's more like a Pollock.

Russ Brandon and Picasso's Pizza

Carnac.jpg

Name two things that haven't delivered in Buffalo for 17 years

Funny. Really.

Russ kept them afloat and his efforts are a large part of why the Bills are in WNY. I can't hate on that. At all. Hire football people, which we appear to be doing. Hold THEM accountable for wins and losses. Russ is doing HIS job. If you're mad that he suckered you into caring in years past, well, he did his job.

Of course the team keeps him. Like him or not, there really is no disputing the fact he was and remains key in keeping the franchise viable in the WNY market. Just continue keeping him out of football decisions.

Pizza > Russ

But then again Pizza > pretty much anything

I'm on a clean eating regimen and I miss pizza :(

My WIFE is on a clean eating regimen, and I miss a LOT of things! I didn't know this could affect ME so much! :(

Brandon is the most over rated marketing person in human history. This is his strategy for filling sits in Buffalo,

Lowest ticket prices in the league

Move 1/8 of the inventory to Toronto ( where he 100% completely failed)

Threaten fans with moving the team if they don't buy tickets

NFL blackout rules keeping the games off of tv on frequent basis.

Literally any person who has ever sold a bag of popcorn could achieve the same level of "success" using that strategy.

Operations off the field, stadiums conditions etc. have been a disaster since he has been at the helm, and the on field results couldn't be worse.

Not sure what people think has done that is so impressive.

it's reasonable to get angry over a slogan. right?

It starts with one reason to be angry

Of course the team keeps him. Like him or not, there really is no disputing the fact he was and remains key in keeping the franchise viable in the WNY market. Just continue keeping him out of football decisions.

See, isn't that easy?

Brandon is the most over rated marketing person in human history. This is his strategy for filling sits in Buffalo,

Literally any person who has ever sold a bag of popcorn could achieve the same level of "success" using that strategy.

Operations off the field, stadiums conditions etc. have been a disaster since he has been at the helm, and the on field results couldn't be worse.

I agree. How hard is it to sell tickets in a league that is overwhelmingly beloved in a town that is starved for a winner?

I never understood the praise given to Russ for keeping the stadium filled. At those low prices with little or no competition in town its fairly easy to fill it up even with the pathetic product hes been a part of putting on the field

Edited by Estro

i'm not saying this to even defend russ, because at this point i wouldn't bat an eyelash if he was fired, but...

this entire thing is a little hypocritical. if someone on the bills staff doesn't produce...they're terrible, a cancer to this team, and need to be fired.

if someone on the bills staff does his actual job, (in this case russ)...it's an easy job, anyone could do it, his accomplishments don't matter.

with someone posters, you're damned if you do and damned if you don't. i get that people don't want russ to make any football decisions, and i completely agree, but to say that his isn't good at what he does in terms of marketing is just simple.

Pizza > Russ

But then again Pizza > pretty much anything

I'm on a clean eating regimen and I miss pizza :(

yep i do this too.

missing pizza is hard

I'd say he's more like a Pollock.

Jackson ?

or the fish

it's reasonable to get angry over a slogan. right?

more than one might have first considered?

When is the last time we had a blacked-out game? Years? Season ticket sales are at an all-time high despite owning the longest playoff drought in the league. I don't recall Russ ever making threats. Media speculates, but in the end the team stayed right here. And that's what actually counts. Additionally, I have season tickets and love the stadium experience.

I agree. How hard is it to sell tickets in a league that is overwhelmingly beloved in a town that is starved for a winner?

I never understood the praise given to Russ for keeping the stadium filled. At those low prices with little or no competition in town its fairly easy to fill it up even with the pathetic product hes been a part of putting on the field

St. Louis wanted a championship, too. They love football as much as our region. But they lost their teams. Twice. Jacksonville fans want to win, but that NFL franchise cannot fill even their tarp-covered stadium.

Edited by scribo

The team is at the bottom for revenue and value. The nfl tv sharing has kept the bills viable. The bills sell tickets relatively well... but mainly due to the low price and party element. Ticket dollars are shared with the visiting team anyway.

Actual marketing/perception of the team, franchise, and brand is a disaster. Game presentation as well as presence in the media is minor league compared to other teams. Since he has been elevated to president, the team hasnt gotten anything right and has been a continuous clown car of dysfunction.

And unless brandon gave a younger terry pegula tips on an emerging technology to extract natural gas... he had nothing to do with saving the bills in buffalo.

I think overall, the bills can use some new ideas and modernization in all aspects. Russ brandon is from the "no frills" crusty estate planning mode that he ushered the bills through. It shows. Tgats when you get things like cheap, insulting one buffalo sunglasses given away for fan "appreciation" night. A few things have diminished as a sabres sth since black was swapped with brandon.

!@#$

Ohhhhh, I know where it's coming from, and what will be on it. There IS a Pizza Plan in place!

(Unfortunately, there is no pizza in Atlanta as good as Bufflao pizza, but I'll do my best.)