Bills Claim CB Charles James From Waivers

Bills cut their short CB so they needed a cheaper replacement.

In 2016, James has appeared in 13 games for the Texans and Colts and recorded 20 tackles, no interceptions, one pass defenses and 18 kick return yards.

More importantly they also waived Safety Duke Williams!

Edited by Limeaid

McDermott making the call, Overdorf doing the contracts. That's likely why he wasn't included in the "purge." JO will be gone once we have a real GM and we don't need him.

And then Russ patting them on the back afterwards and saying "good job, boys!"

so if McDermott's scheme doesn't need elite corners why did we draft one at the top of our draft?

he fits his scheme and culture, has potential to start immediately and will be on a 4-5 year rookie deal

New regimes typically value cap space and draft picks over holdovers from previous regime. McD is trying to get the team out of the constant cap crunch and build up draft capital vs trading it away.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Serious question: who is making these transactions? We didn't just fire Whaley, we fired the entire pro personnel department. So I guess it's either McDermott or Overdorf or Brandon?

The midget---

McDermott making the call, Overdorf doing the contracts. That's likely why he wasn't included in the "purge." JO will be gone once we have a real GM and we don't need him.

Hmm, that makes some sense. The only reasonable explanation I've seen for why Overdorf is still around.

so if McDermott's scheme doesn't need elite corners why did we draft one at the top of our draft?

You still can't have garbage at CB. The Panthers' D played a lot better with Josh Norman than without. We had a very bare cupboard at CB coming into the draft, since you play 3 more than half the time and 4 a fair amount of time as well. I'm glad they didn't take Lattimore at 10 - I'd rather have a guy who projects to be solid, plus a 2017 3rd and 2018 1st, than a guy who *could* be elite but probably will just be solid.