Trump and Andrew Jackson

You guys have sold out, to a complete imbecile. Just admit it, he's an idiot. But an idiot you'd rather have as president rather than Hillary or some other Democrat. At least the credibility of many posters on this board who did indeed vote for him would be higher than having to defend his constant idiocies.

A blow hard maybe, but not an imbecile.

An imbecile would claim they landed in Bosnia under sniper fire.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Set aside all the P.T. Barnum hyperbole. If Trump gets a better healthcare plan, controls the borders and gets the economy moving forward with his tax cuts he will be 100 times more successful than Obama. If he restores respect internationally and also restores fear of us in our enemies he will have hit multiple grand slams. You guys who are generally reasonable and somewhat conservative are getting your panties all in a wad over "feelings" like a Maxine Walters or an Al Franken. Look at what he does, not what he says.

Really ? I would think we're more of laughing stock right now in the International community.....there's not a week that goes by that we don't hear something stupid coming out of the White House.....And I'm a Republican....It's like when Rex took over the Bills....lots of bravado but no real content.....

No matter what side of the fence you're on, people have to admit that Trump is ignorant at best....I love the " NATO is obsolete " stance during his campaign to the " NATO is not obsolete " now...his explanation....well, I didn't know about NATO........The President of the USA ladies and Gents!

One thing for sure, the late night guys ( Fallon, Myers etc..) jobs are pretty easy with him at the helm...can you imagine if Letterman was still around...or Carson...

Set aside all the P.T. Barnum hyperbole. If Trump gets a better healthcare plan, controls the borders and gets the economy moving forward with his tax cuts he will be 100 times more successful than Obama. If he restores respect internationally and also restores fear of us in our enemies he will have hit multiple grand slams. You guys who are generally reasonable and somewhat conservative are getting your panties all in a wad over "feelings" like a Maxine Walters or an Al Franken. Look at what he does, not what he says.

I have no problem with that, hell I'm even open to voting for him based on his results. What I'm saying is that he is a world class buffoon, he says the dumbest things we've ever heard from a president, let's just admit that this is one of his many many flaws rather than people constantly embarrassing themselves by attempting to defend by deflecting. He's an idiot, let's just admit it.

A blow hard maybe, but not an imbecile.

An imbecile would claim they landed in Bosnia under sniper fire.

Not just a blow hard, but he's a moron. A moron in the sense that half the time he speaks, he really has no idea what he's talking about. He constantly is just saying dumb ****, he literally is a know-nothing on a whole host of matters. What he's good at is delegating, which is important. But if you ask him about details about anything, not only does he not know them, but he can't help but pretend like he knows what he's saying, when in reality, he really doesn't know jack ****.

Really ? I would think we're more of laughing stock right now in the International community.....there's not a week that goes by that we don't hear something stupid coming out of the White House.....And I'm a Republican....It's like when Rex took over the Bills....lots of bravado but no real content.....

No matter what side of the fence you're on, people have to admit that Trump is ignorant at best....I love the " NATO is obsolete " stance during his campaign to the " NATO is not obsolete " now...his explanation....well, I didn't know about NATO........The President of the USA ladies and Gents!

One thing for sure, the late night guys ( Fallon, Myers etc..) jobs are pretty easy with him at the helm...can you imagine if Letterman was still around...or Carson...

I don't think Assad was laughing too hard when he lost 20% of his air force. Understand that a good part of the world respects strength and decisiveness. As far as NATO goes, other members are going to have to buck up and pay their fair share. They're probably not laughing anymore.

The late night comedians have always had plenty of fodder when it comes to politicians. Just think: 57 states, Hawaii is in Asia, Guam could tip over, Corpse man......................

Judge him by what he accomplishes, not by what he says, which might be only the opening barrage for negotiating purposes by what actually happens. We are not dealing with the typical politician who might parse his words and cover his ass with horseshit looking to not offend. We're dealing with a businessman/developer/entertainer who has been able to franchise his name for a profit.

I don't think Assad was laughing too hard when he lost 20% of his air force. Understand that a good part of the world respects strength and decisiveness. As far as NATO goes, other members are going to have to buck up and pay their fair share. They're probably not laughing anymore.

The late night comedians have always had plenty of fodder when it comes to politicians. Just think: 57 states, Hawaii is in Asia, Guam could tip over, Corpse man......................

Judge him by what he accomplishes, not by what he says, which might be only the opening barrage for negotiating purposes by what actually happens. We are not dealing with the typical politician who might parse his words and cover his ass with horseshit looking to not offend. We're dealing with a businessman/developer/entertainer who has been able to franchise his name for a profit.

Assad isn't laughing, no...but the Western leaders are probably saying to themselves...WTF !.....I'm wincing each time he meets with a foreign leader...As I said, it reminds me of when Rex took over the Bills....

The fact that he admits not knowing anything about NATO while claiming it is obsolete for months is, the exact definition of ignorance.....it has nothing to do with who pays what....

I am judging him both by what he says and what he does...the problem so far is he talks a lot, but accomplishes very little.....again, Rex.....

The late night guys always had stuff to work on, yes...but C'mon...this is material heaven for them.....

Edited by Iron Maiden

Assad isn't laughing, no...but the Western leaders are probably saying to themselves...WTF !.....I'm wincing each time he meets with a foreign leader...As I said, it reminds me of when Rex took over the Bills....

The fact that he admits not knowing anything about NATO while claiming it is obsolete for months is, the exact definition of ignorance.....it has nothing to do with who pays what....

I am judging him both by what he says and what he does...the problem so far is he talks a lot, but accomplishes very little.....again, Rex.....

The late night guys always had stuff to work on, yes...but C'mon...this is material heaven for them.....

Understand who he is and you will see why he says some of the stuff he does. I have negotiated a lot of contracts in my life. Some are simple and some need a little set up in order to pull them off. NATO has/is a treaty that has the U.S. providing a disproportionate amount of support for the member nations. He could have just been making them a little uneasy by his statements putting them in a position to more readily agree to fulfill their obligations.

You guys are something else. It's as if we are just picking on poor Trump.

It must get tiring having to defend the biggest know-nothing that the US presidency has ever seen.

Is this the best you guys can do? That every time Trump says something stupid, which is multiple times a day, deflect on instances when someone else did something stupid?

You guys have sold out, to a complete imbecile. Just admit it, he's an idiot. But an idiot you'd rather have as president rather than Hillary or some other Democrat. At least the credibility of many posters on this board who did indeed vote for him would be higher than having to defend his constant idiocies.

A great many of us haven't sold out to him at all. We just enjoy watching the left be hoisted on their own petard.

Which is really all Trump is good for.

If you look at what he's actually done so far, you could replace Trump's name with G.W. Bush's and I'd believe it. Time will tell whether he has the political acumen that goes along with being perceived as a successful president. Meanwhile, every interview he does it becomes more clear that he should do less interviews (especially for newspapers or magazines where his words on paper looks ridiculous) and ignore talking about US History.

He's an idiot, let's just admit it.

Not just a blow hard, but he's a moron. A moron in the sense that half the time he speaks, he really has no idea what he's talking about. He constantly is just saying dumb ****, he literally is a know-nothing on a whole host of matters. What he's good at is delegating, which is important. But if you ask him about details about anything, not only does he not know them, but he can't help but pretend like he knows what he's saying, when in reality, he really doesn't know jack ****.

The ease and celebration of his stupidity is the real

pain here. The Trump supporters celebrate his ignorance. The Republicans celebrate that he's not Hillary and somehow forgive his stupidity for that fact.

None of them, and most here, do not hold him to a standard because he so lowers the bar that there's no one to compare him to. He's just really dumb and takes pride in it. Worst of all words.

If......

pain here. The Trump supporters celebrate his ignorance. The Republicans celebrate that he's not Hillary and somehow forgive his stupidity for that fact.

None of them, and most here, do not hold him to a standard because he so lowers the bar that there's no one to compare him to. He's just really dumb and takes pride in it. Worst of all words.

The Constitution defines a form of government that is anti-authority with the intent of shielding the country from the effects of idiots.

If that form of government is adhered to, a raging orange dumbass is not a problem. Conversely, if the raging orange dumbass is a problem, it's only due to people advocating for a form of government in which he can be a problem.

Either way, they guy holding the position isn't the problem. The power vested in the position is.

The Constitution defines a form of government that is anti-authority with the intent of shielding the country from the effects of idiots.

If that form of government is adhered to, a raging orange dumbass is not a problem. Conversely, if the raging orange dumbass is a problem, it's only due to people advocating for a form of government in which he can be a problem.

Either way, they guy holding the position isn't the problem. The power vested in the position is.

It's a bit circular though, isn't it, because one of those vested powers is the authority to make SC nominees, who in turn can interpret (or limit) the law as to the extent of the President's legal authority. It's one of my pet peeves in that the framers seemed like they just assumed politicians would forever be as insightful and forward-thinking as they were themselves.

It's a bit circular though, isn't it, because one of those vested powers is the authority to make SC nominees, who in turn can interpret (or limit) the law as to the extent of the President's legal authority. It's one of my pet peeves in that the framers seemed like they just assumed politicians would forever be as insightful and forward-thinking as they were themselves.

and he could only make that appointment because of harry Reid. Because of the partisan politics enacted under Bush Jr. It went down hill and the Democrats really thought they were clever to systematically begin the destruction of checks and balances as far back as 2005/6

and he could only make that appointment because of harry Reid. Because of the partisan politics enacted under Bush Jr. It went down hill and the Democrats really thought they were clever to systematically begin the destruction of checks and balances as far back as 2005/6

I wasn't talking about a particular instance, but yes: the Democrats are reaping what they sowed during the Bush/Cheney years. The irony delights the partisan and saddens the patriot.

The country will survive Trump. It survived Obama and Bush. That's not the point.

Trump has become a guy to celebrate. His stupidity is not resoundingly mocked. It's often ignored ("Look at Chelsea" responses in this thread) or celebrated.

The country will survive Trump. It survived Obama and Bush. That's not the point.

Trump has become a guy to celebrate. His stupidity is not resoundingly mocked. It's often ignored ("Look at Chelsea" responses in this thread) or celebrated.

do you only want America to survive? Or do you want to make america great again?

He lowers the bar?

The bigger problem is that anyone with any integrity has been run out of our political system and Americans are tired of the status quo, and that is why Trump is POTUS.

I didn't want Trump, but as far as I am concerned he is still better than lying cheating murdering Hillary.