17 members of Bills scouting staff fired.

JM2009

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see McDermott as from the Ron Rivera tree. McDermott and Andy Reid have little in common other than McDermott started there. When McD needed an offensive coordinator Reid's guy didn't come to Buffalo. That's not a good sign.

He worked directly with Andy Reid for much longer than he did with Rivera. He was hired by Philly in '98 and promoted to assistant to the head coach in '99. He then worked with Reid until 2010/11, where he climbed the ranks all the way to DC. He is much more of an Andy Reid and Jim Johnson protege than anything else.

I read a story that said Andy Reid took a special interest in McDermott right away and stole him from the scouting ranks to be his assistant almost immediately, where he then worked with Reid for 11+ years.

Ron Rivera worked under Reid too (Reid was part of the reason McDermott got hired in Carolina).

Leslie Frazier was another Reid protege. Reid also recommended Dennison to McDermott. It seems pretty clear that Andy Reid is McDermotts biggest influence.

McDermott has said himself that Andy Reid was his mentor and who he learned the most from.

He worked directly with Andy Reid for much longer than he did with Rivera. He was hired by Philly in '98 and promoted to assistant to the head coach in '99. He then worked with Reid until 2010/11, where he climbed the ranks all the way to DC. He is much more of an Andy Reid and Jim Johnson protege than anything else.

I read a story that said Andy Reid took a special interest in McDermott right away and stole him from the scouting ranks to be his assistant almost immediately, where he then worked with Reid for 11+ years.

Ron Rivera worked under Reid too (Reid was part of the reason McDermott got hired in Carolina).

Leslie Frazier was another Reid protege. Reid also recommended Dennison to McDermott. It seems pretty clear that Andy Reid is McDermotts biggest influence.

McDermott has said himself that Andy Reid was his mentor and who he learned the most from.

Yes, but McDermott is not on the offensive side of the ball. So I see him as more aligned with Leslie Frazier and Ron Rivera philosophically.

....should be a re-hire consideration....some talent there..............

i don't think they would bring him back... they would have retained him if they thought he shared the same vision. Jmo Edited by YoloinOhio

i don't think they would bring him back... they would have retained him if they thought he shared the same vision. Jmo

....still think I would leave that decision up to the new guy if he was interested......just the world of differing opinions..... :thumbsup: ....stay tuned...............

These aren't people that have been there for 17 years. These are people making like $60k a year in some cases. You don't celebrate what those families are now going through. It was a total lack of class on your part.

How's that soapbox supporting your weight

How's that soapbox supporting your weight

:)

I support this move 100%. True, some good innocent people may have lost their jobs, but the swamp needed to be drained, it's just collateral damage. When it comes to making a true culture change, the end will justify the means.

It's a much more worthwhile crusade than your EJ one was. At least I don't look like an idiot at the end of it...

....spot on bud.....so far it looks like they're guilty by association only...hopefully the new guy has them re-apply......bet there is some value there.....

Yes, but McDermott is not on the offensive side of the ball. So I see him as more aligned with Leslie Frazier and Ron Rivera philosophically.

Frazier and Rivera do not even run the same defense. McDermott in terms of system philosophy is a Jim Johnson guy, pure and simple. The influence is clear to see in his defenses.

I think Reid's influence is in his style as a Head Coach, the need for control and desire for one voice etc.

They could recruit some of the mock drafters on this board.

If I can have the Modrak deal and work from home I am in.

Frazier and Rivera do not even run the same defense. McDermott in terms of system philosophy is a Jim Johnson guy, pure and simple. The influence is clear to see in his defenses.

I think Reid's influence is in his style as a Head Coach, the need for control and desire for one voice etc.

If I can have the Modrak deal and work from home I am in.

The GM in Kansas City was hired by the ownership and I see Andy Reid delegating and letting Dorsey act as a GM. Whether Reid has final call is not as important because Reid seems to understand when to back off from his experience.

I am about as polar opposite a personality as you can get based on the above... but leaving that aside for a second why do you not consider them "regular people"?

If I earn above that $40k - $60k a year range but don't work in the NFL am I a "regular person"? Is it the salary or the job you think makes them somehow irregular?

No, scouts aren't 'regular people'.

They don't work on a line or in a mall or in a cubicle.

They have a tough job but they go into it for love, not money. Most of us aren't so lucky.

And there is an opportunity for them to make EXCELLENT money...so let's not pretend like they are poor Al Bundy like schnooks.

Yeah it's a tough job when you have a family...we'll go find another job teaching public school. I travel 120 days a year and that's tough on a family. You make it work. If I wasn't great at my job I don't expect random strangers to feel for me when I get shown the door.

And so, when a scouts responsibility for my favourite team isn't doing a good job, and it seems like hasn't been doing that great a job for a long time, I'm not going to mourn their exit when they all get shitcanned.

Scouts are important - I think way more important than anyone gives credit for....and if they don't get the job done...time to hit the bricks.